Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is the new Native Instruments komplete audio 6 MK2 working on iOs

sorry if it had been asked already - i’ve searched everywhere.
Do we have some user that owns it and can be sure if it is class compliant or not ? thnx !

Comments

• Yes it does, have it here running without any issues including midi.

• great ! thnx a lot.
    are you sure it is the MK 2 right? sorry it’s just because some guy working for NI told me it is not class compliant... 🤦🏻‍♂️

you didn’t try the digital out and the dc coupled outs with some modular synth, by any chance ?

thanks again

• @AlaErt said:
    great ! thnx a lot.
    are you sure it is the MK 2 right? sorry it’s just because some guy working for NI told me it is not class compliant... 🤦🏻‍♂️

you didn’t try the digital out and the dc coupled outs with some modular synth, by any chance ?

thanks again

Yes I am 100% sure I am working at Native Instruments also. Komplete Audio 6 Mk1 is also class complaint. We stopped with drivers a loooong time ago.

• great ! thanks again

• Surprised it's not mentioned on the product page that it's class compliant, or maybe it's just assumed these days.

(Take note Roland...)

• I have trouble with the mk1 getting it to draw enough power with the camera connection kit. works fine straight into pc but with the cck and a powered hub the lights just flash on and off.
    Any clues where I might be going wrong @stellare_modular

• @kin said:
    I have trouble with the mk1 getting it to draw enough power with the camera connection kit. works fine straight into pc but with the cck and a powered hub the lights just flash on and off.

Sorry no idea, I am also not technical support ;)

• @stellare_modular said:

@kin said:
    I have trouble with the mk1 getting it to draw enough power with the camera connection kit. works fine straight into pc but with the cck and a powered hub the lights just flash on and off.

First chuckle of the day.

I do want to ask anybody on this thread who uses Komplete with iOS. How? Obviously you're not using it from within the hardware. If it works from outside it, I'm kind of wondering if that wasn't always the case and if so, then what's changed?

• @ashh said:

@stellare_modular said:

@kin said:

I do want to ask anybody on this thread who uses Komplete with iOS. How? Obviously you're not using it from within the hardware. If it works from outside it, I'm kind of wondering if that wasn't always the case and if so, then what's changed?

what do you mean? we're just talking about the audio interface

• @AlaErt said:

@ashh said:

@stellare_modular said:

@kin said:

what do you mean? we're just talking about the audio interface

Ah! I just saw Komplete and got carried away. As you were.

• thnx for helping me chosing the interface for my little project. it’s perfect. Here’s the result ! :)
    i modified the case, mounted a support for the the interface and was able to put inside the case power supply and the ipad charger as well. Just ONE power cord for everything, so i can move it around the house in seconds

• @AlaErt said:
    thnx for helping me chosing the interface for my little project. it’s perfect. Here’s the result ! :)
    i modified the case, mounted a support for the the interface and was able to put inside the case power supply and the ipad charger as well. Just ONE power cord for everything, so i can move it around the house in seconds

Can I ask you how you did? I try to connect the interface to the ipad with a powered usb hub, camera connection kit and It's impossible to use, every 2 minutes the interface will switch off and do a noisy sound.

• Hello, please let le know what powered USB hub did us use to connect the Komplete MKIi to the IPad? I tried a small old usb2.0 hub and when connecting the Komplete to the hub it simply flashes the leds. Connected directly to the iPad and the message « too much power requested by device appeared. In addition, I couldn’t find anywhere the USB power requirements of the Komplete. @AlaErt : did you connect the Komplete to the Ipad via a powered hub that you also use for data transmission? Lots of thanks for help😀

• @Fantomios said:
    Hello, please let le know what powered USB hub did us use to connect the Komplete MKIi to the IPad? I tried a small old usb2.0 hub and when connecting the Komplete to the hub it simply flashes the leds. Connected directly to the iPad and the message « too much power requested by device appeared. In addition, I couldn’t find anywhere the USB power requirements of the Komplete. @AlaErt : did you connect the Komplete to the Ipad via a powered hub that you also use for data transmission? Lots of thanks for help😀

Hi. A powered USB hub has a separate power supply. They typically supply 500 mA to each port, while an iPad only supplies 100 mA (the minimum required). Often devices requiring less than 100 mA will fail to connect to an iPad because they require more than that at startup. Almost any powered hub should do, for example this one from Atolla. Powered USB hubs always support data transmission over their host port.

• Sorry uncledave I was ´t clear, thank you for your answer -I’ve used a powered usb hub but the power was not enough to keep the komplete alive - the led just blinked once at connect time. I couldn’t find anywhere specs about the power needed by the komplete and I was just fearing that the typical 500 mA would not be enough. Atolla retained my attention at first but I live in Switzerland and they don’t deliver here... so either I need to pay the third-party transporter and wait an eternity or find here a similar model. In addition, some vendors advertise power for the dedicated charging port. I finally decided to order the EX-1225 from exsys, 900 mA per port and hope will be enough. Thank you for the guidelines, it helped me to go forward a bit. I will post the results of my tests once I receivethe device porbably on Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe that would hint a bit more this discussion. Happy music making !

• Anyone using Komplete Audio 2 with Ipad Pro (type-c)? I think it should work fine if Audio 6 is compatible, but it's better to be safe