Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WOOTT + AUM = 3Band MagicDeathEye

Comments

• @jolico said:

Wow that’s punchy! :)

• @brambos said:

@jolico said:

Wow that’s punchy! :)

Thank you for creating awesome apps.

• edited June 2020

thats a bit heavy you kill the dynamics lol, try without eq and nolimit, or remove ddmf .. they all are saturation plugins.. I find using them a bit too much in chain makes it lifeless.. imho masterbus max 1 sat

• All I do is kill dynamics 😂 wall of texture

@noob said:
    thats a bit heavy you kill the dynamics lol, try without eq and nolimit, or remove ddmf .. they all are saturation plugins.. I find using them a bit too much in chain makes it lifeless.. imho masterbus max 1 sat

• lol yeh we do.. just pointing out that 3 pizzas mite be too fat for average cats

• @noob said:

Here are the before and after waveforms:

It looks like the process made it more dynamic than it sounds on YouTube.

What’s going on with the spikes at the bottom?
    Is that the way AudioShare displays left/right?
    Or is it displaying mono with serious offset issues?

• edited June 2020

Audioshare mite display it wonky but thats some clipping right there in low end deffo..but with all that pizza in your chain ofc expected to be a “fat cat”. But dont stare at the waveform, if it sounds good it is good.
    One thing to try is to use wet/dry in AUM for your plugins, too dial back just a bit when hitting dist... brb with screenshot

• thats some clipping right there in low end

You say that like it’s a bad thing 😂

• @noob said:
    dc offset looks wierd not sure but thats some clipping going on low

The limiter kept everything at -0.1 with -14rms on the loudest parts.
    Just checked the waveforms in TwistedWave and it shows offset on left and right, but towards + from zero.
    Phase issues?

• nono not a bad thing just observing

• edited June 2020

this is “the sandwich of death” i use on masterbus.. i know one more that uses this..anyway.first flatten the mix before the EQ in ddmf (push a bit shave off some tops as ddmf dont handle peaks well....last truepeak and auto mode

• edited June 2020

@jolico said:
    Phase issues?

Phase issues are a possibility if you're mixing the multi-out with dry signal somewhere in the chain. That's physically unavoidable.. here's the technical explanation:

The band-splitting involves phase shifts at the crossover frequencies. Essentially it's allpassing the wet signal at 88.3Hz and at 2.5KHz. To avoid phasing issues Woott applies allpasses on the dry signal to compensate. Hence, if you dial down the "Amount" (which works as a wet/dry) it will avoid phase issues. However, when you use the multi-out, Woott no longer has control over the dry signal so there is a risk of phase cancellation or boost.

In most cases it won't be very noticeable, but if you're unlucky you may notice it in the bass frequencies.

Not sure if that makes sense? But I agree with the above: if it sounds good it sounds good B)

• ah yes see my screenshot already did that Sir B)

• @noob said:
    this is “the sandwich of death” i use on masterbus.. i know one more that uses this..anyway.first flatten the mix before the EQ in ddmf (push a bit shave off some tops as ddmf dont handle peaks well....last truepeak and auto mode

Thanks for the tip, but I’m going to have to use NoLimits instead of barricade for the bread :smile:
    It’s just much easier on my little iPhone’s processor and I’ve already got 3 MDE & 1 MDES running. 🔥

• very informative, guys 🙏
    I’ll be trying my best at summoning Cthulhu later tonight. Have a ton of samples I want to give the treatment

• @brambos >To avoid phasing issues Woott applies allpasses on the dry signal to compensate

You do that so that the dry becomes in equal phase to the wet, right?

• @pedro said:
    @brambos >To avoid phasing issues Woott applies allpasses on the dry signal to compensate

You do that so that the dry becomes in equal phase to the wet, right?

Exactly! So the "dry" is allpassed with two second order allpass filters at the crossover frequencies. You don't hear this, but it will bring the dry signal exactly back in phase with the wet signal again (that's also why I don't call it a "dry/wet"-knob; because technically it's not dry anymore). But this is pretty much how all band splitters work.

• @jolico is nolimits easier on cpu than barricade? dang mite pick nolimit up then

• Good to know, thanks, I’m gonna have to try the multi-out now, cause phase cancellation can also be a creative device, if you’re lucky...

• @brambos said:

@jolico said:
    Phase issues?

Phase issues are a possibility if you're mixing the multi-out with dry signal somewhere in the chain. That's physically unavoidable.. here's the technical explanation:

The band-splitting involves phase shifts at the crossover frequencies. Essentially it's allpassing the wet signal at 88.3Hz and at 2.5KHz. To avoid phasing issues Woott applies allpasses on the dry signal to compensate. Hence, if you dial down the "Amount" (which works as a wet/dry) it will avoid phase issues. However, when you use the multi-out, Woott no longer has control over the dry signal so there is a risk of phase cancellation or boost.

In most cases it won't be very noticeable, but if you're unlucky you may notice it in the bass frequencies.

Not sure if that makes sense? But I agree with the above: if it sounds good it sounds good B)

Thanks.

• @noob said:
    @jolico is nolimits easier on cpu than barricade? dang mite pick nolimit up then

Much more efficient. At least on the iPhone 6s.

Here’s the result of your sandwich 🥪 tip on the first minute of the track.

Looking much more symmetrical now 👍

• edited June 2020

aye its a good dish.. btw sandwich OFF and ON @jolico im gonna buy nolimit to test low cpu plugs ftw!

• Oh that sounds very nutritious, I never really cared about limiters on ios, but it seems I’m missing out. Great stuff, I’m learning a lot