Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synapse Orion - windows audio interface advice [OT]

Hi folk. I have an old HP windows laptop (i use mac now) and it has Synapse Orion on it. This is hands down my favorite music suite ever. I'd love to use it again but don't have an audio interface for Windows 2000 (i think) that would work with this old friend. Any thoughts? Recommendations? Trades? Thank you.

Comments

• @kinkujin said:
    Hi folk. I have an old HP windows laptop (i use mac now) and it has Synapse Orion on it. This is hands down my favorite music suite ever. I'd love to use it again but don't have an audio interface for Windows 2000 (i think) that would work with this old friend. Any thoughts? Recommendations? Trades? Thank you.

does the Laptop have a PCMCIA slot?? i have an old ego-sys WaMi box 4 out thing... Orion was one of my favourites early 2000’s especially the sampler & its transient slicer!! which we still don!t have anything near on ios, fingers crossed the EG thing will do... meantime it’s Auditor all the way as its the only one that outputs a midi file of the transients..
    Richard did an amazing job with Orion.. shame he went down the Analog emulation rabbit hole :(

• edited June 2020

@RockySmalls
    "does the Laptop have a PCMCIA slot??"

hehe I have no clue. But I'll check it when I get home.

• @kinkujin Have you tried Caustic? It is very similar to Orion but in rack form.

Orion was my first DAW. Really great software to learn.

• @ecou said:
    @kinkujin Have you tried Caustic? It is very similar to Orion but in rack form.

Yup, sure have and it sure is!

I'm just nostalgic and heck, I still have it. Thanks!

• @kinkujin said:

@ecou said:
    @kinkujin Have you tried Caustic? It is very similar to Orion but in rack form.

Yup, sure have and it sure is!

I'm just nostalgic and heck, I still have it. Thanks!

Still have it too. I should reinstall to mess around. I wounded if it works with modern OS and sound interface.

Look on Kijiji Or eBay for a cheap old sound interface.

• Orion! 😍
    This is where I caught the pattern-based composition virus from.
    Or was it the SYS-503? 😁

Great software. Somewhat similar to KORG Gadget.

You could use the Roland UA-100 for the older Windows versions.
    I still have drivers for it in case you can't find them. Dunno if they work under XP but they should work in 2000.
    Or, much better: The Roland UA-1000. Prices have dropped to shockingly low amounts and you probably cannot get a better 8-channel audio and MIDI interface for the second-hand price. There are Win XP and Win 7 drivers and Orion definitely works under XP.

• @rs2000 said:
    Orion! 😍
    Or was it the SYS-503? 😁

I still have drivers for it in case you can't find them. Dunno if they work under XP but they should work in 2000.
    Or, much better: The Roland UA-1000. Prices have dropped to shockingly low amounts and you probably cannot get a better 8-channel audio and MIDI interface for the second-hand price. There are Win XP and Win 7 drivers and Orion definitely works under XP.

I had so many good 32bit plugins during that reign of Orion. In particular I have always loved the LinPlug stuff.

Anyhow thanks for the advice @rs2000 and @ecou I'll look into it. Otherwise I can just input via computer keyboard like the old days. We should start an aging Orion club here.

• @RockySmalls said:

@kinkujin said:

does the Laptop have a PCMCIA slot?? i have an old ego-sys WaMi box 4 out thing... Orion was one of my favourites early 2000’s especially the sampler & its transient slicer!! which we still don!t have anything near on ios, fingers crossed the EG thing will do... meantime it’s Auditor all the way as its the only one that outputs a midi file of the transients..
    Richard did an amazing job with Orion.. shame he went down the Analog emulation rabbit hole :(

Nope! Just usb. So, looks like i'm looking for a usb interface. Speaking of down the rabbit hole ...

• @rs2000 said:
    Orion! 😍
    Or was it the SYS-503? 😁

Score - found a new/old stock one on Reverb. Shipping is almost as much as the unit itself. Spent some time today with Orion again. Like slipping on an old pair of jeans. Ahhhhhhh