Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria update coming

Auria and iOS7.1
by Rim » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:06 am

Hey guys,

I've submitted a quick update that addresses the issues we've seen in iOS7.1. It should get released by the end of the week, if Apple's schedule holds.

• Fixed iOS7.1 bug related to 96K projects
  • Fixed low volume issue by adding option for speaker/mic processing
  • Auto input monitor change – Auria now mixes the input with the playback audio automatically
  • Change to Audiobus when using Auria in the input slot (made Master the default port)
  • New versions of WOW and Turnado fixing various bugs
  • New versions of all FabFilter plugins, which fix the spectrum analyzer issue
  • New versions of all the FXpansion plugins, fixing various bugs
  • Fixed issue with Auria incorrectly reporting the transport state and positions to IAA plugins.
  • ADDED: New Plugin: FabFilter Pro-MB

Thanks,
Rim

Comments

• That pro-mb looks tasty. Wonder what they'll price it at. Pro-C and Pro-Q are both $29.99 if I remember correctly, and Pro-L is priced at $39.99. Not sure what they look at when deciding the price point for their Auria plugs, but I hope it stays at 40 bucks or less.

• Oh...no! I need to spend other 30€ this week.... :(

• Awesome!!! I'm still amazed I have these plugins on my ipad!

• Yes, I am thinking 30 - 40.

• Man I thought we would finally see midi with this update.

• @protomike sadly, Rim stated on the forum that it will be another 1 to 2 months until the big update (including MIDI). At least I'm not compulsively checking the forum anymore....?

• Rim said 1-2 months,yes,but he is still only talking about a"big update"and not mentioning midi (unless i overlooked something),so take care ;-)

• @Crabman said:

Rim said 1-2 months,yes,but he is still only talking about a"big update"and not mentioning midi (unless i overlooked something),so take care ;-)

touche...the fine line between hope and delusion...

• Nope, the big update is midi. It's been stated multiple times in that forum.

In fact, I don't know the update will be that big now as I think many of these were what was going to make the update big.

• One of the other confirmed changes for the "big update" is that the mixer will have retina graphics.

Damn, I hate typing "retina". Stupid marketing terminology.

• edited March 2014

@AQ808 said:

Nope, the big update is midi. It's been stated multiple times in that forum.

I've seen it a number of times on the forum... but I've never seen Rim mention it! ;) Any links or quotes from official mentions from Rim?

• edited March 2014

@AQ808 :we must live in different dimensions,i never saw Rim mentioned midi for THIS "big update"nor that the mixer will get retina graphics in the same update.a quote from Rim would be nice,thanks.

• I am really torn!
    Own them both but been using Cubasis alot more recently.

Midi could change everything though, again!!

I need stability in my workflow dammit! :)

• OK here's the retina quote...

Re: Auria Graphics - vector display?
    by Rim » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but there's an update coming that will vastly improve the speed of the GUI, and it'll be retina as well.

Rim

• ...and MIDI has been mentioned for some time now...

Re: Timetable for release of MIDI support and sequencer
    by Rim » Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 pm

I know it's frustrating not knowing when this is going to be released, but I just honestly don't have a date. I've been working on it for months now, and it's going very well. We're not a typical company with timetables and schedules to meet. I'm the sole developer, and I work much like an artist. I've learned long ago not to set release dates, as they are always missed. Often by several months or a year I'm just trying to paint an honest picture of how the development process works. It's not something that can be rushed, and often a section you thought was going to take a week ends up taking a month, and sometimes the other way around. Believe me, the midi upgrade will be well worth the price when it comes out, but I'd be shooting myself in the foot by trying to guess on a timeline. Auria itself took years to write.

• edited March 2014

Midi has been mentioned for aaaages. But that doesn't mean it in this release cause of that! Don't get me wrong, I want and hope just like everyone! But I think saying midi IS coming in the update is conjecture, not fact.

It seems very likely, but if Rim hasn't confirmed we should flag what might not be so people are best informed ;)

• @skoptic said:

Midi has been mentioned for aaaages. But that doesn't mean it in this release cause of that! Don't get me wrong, I want and hope just like everyone! But I think saying midi IS coming in the update is conjecture, not fact.

It seems very likely, but if Rim hasn't confirmed we should flag what might not be so people are best informed ;)

Thats exactly what i meant,thanks.

@Trueyorky:yep,you are right about the retina.I saw it but totally forgot about that (i really dont care about a retina mixer).BUT i am pretty sure you wont find a quote from Rim where he said Midi is coming in this next"big update".Of course,like anybody else,i hope it will include Midi.

• @Crabman said:

@AQ808 :we must live in different dimensions,i never saw Rim mentioned midi for THIS "big update"nor that the mixer will get retina graphics in the same update.a quote from Rim would be nice,thanks.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11900&p=31905#p31905

I know I've seen more obvious references around there too, but I don't have time to dig them up.

• edited March 2014

Sorry,but i dont see a"Midi will be in the Big update"there.Not even close.As i said,i am quite often in their forum (Nick:"CEIsar")and never saw a clear message that the big update includes the Midi editor.And without a usable quote you just start to create a rumour and raise peoples hope imo.

• I'm not clear what is meant by midi in Auria. There are no instruments, so is the intent/desire to use midi for controlling/automating various functions within Auria? If so, I imagine that would be primarily transport, track control, and effects control. Is that what the rest of you are thinking?

• I think the meaning is full midi editor which will control all IAA or AB synth/effect apps.
    You will be able to write the whole song inside Auria and render each midi track into an audio track to get the final mix. Also it will open the door to plugin synths like FabFilter has, which receive midi notes.

• Ahhh, I do recall discussions of a midi editor now. Thanks @Shay for helping my declining memory capacity!

• It's funny seeing all, including myself :-) going to blow up in anticipation for midi without asking it directly. It is like "if I won't ask he won't say no".

• @AQ808 said:

Damn, I hate typing "retina". Stupid marketing terminology.

As long as we don't get a "retsina" display. That would be blurry...

• ...and Certs has retsin. Whatever that is.
    ...and Brawndo has electrolytes. "it's what plants crave".

• You can't "support virtual instruments" without a midi implementation, sorry.

And you can't have a "big Auria update" and not have a midi implementation, especially when I'm sure his focus is on overtaking Cubasis, which does have that capability.

But, there almost certainly will be an IAP to get access to these features, and I'm guessing it will come in around $25.

As always, getting my projections in before the event occurs.

• The lack of a direct quite of the Auria dev is telling, re: MIDI. Sure seems like it won't be in this next update.

I personally won't buy Auria until a) it goes on sale, or b) MIDI and automation are implemented, whichever comes first.

• Re: MIDI Plug in format?
    by Rim » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:40 pm

The plan is to continue to support third party plugins, as well as virtual instruments. IAAs are already supported, but will be extended to support midi as well.

Rim

• edited March 2014

@CalCutte the only feature lacking in Auria is midi.