Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A dumb AUM + USB Audio Interface Question

Hey everyone, I can’t use my audio interface and my headphones in AUM at the same time. When I connect the headphones, it only see them as an input device and I can’t see my audio interface until I disconnect the headphones.

Although in Audiobus app I can use my usb audio interface as an input source and still can use my headphones with the “multisource audio” option. Is there an equivalent setting in AUM as well?

Comments

• There is no Setting in AUM that I am aware of, but you can get it to work.

Your headphones most likely have a inline mic, so AUM will want to use that as input. The solution is to hide the mic using a headphone adapter, an extension cable, or just use headphones without an in-line mic.

Plugin your USB device. It should show as input/output choices in AUM. Connect your headphones, and AUM should keep the USB available as input, but the output will auto switch to HP out. If you unplug the HP, the USB output should appear again.

If you use a splitter, extender, or adapter of some sort, it can turn your TRRS (stereo + mic) headphones plug to TRS (stereo only) plug. Be sure to plug your headphones into the adapter first, then connect to your headphone jack on your device.

• @CracklePot said:
    There is no Setting in AUM that I am aware of, but you can get it to work.

Your headphones most likely have a inline mic, so AUM will want to use that as input. The solution is to hide the mic using a headphone adapter, an extension cable, or just use headphones without an in-line mic.

Plugin your USB device. It should show as input/output choices in AUM. Connect your headphones, and AUM should keep the USB available as input, but the output will auto switch to HP out. If you unplug the HP, the USB output should appear again.

If you use a splitter, extender, or adapter of some sort, it can turn your TRRS (stereo + mic) headphones plug to TRS (stereo only) plug. Be sure to plug your headphones into the adapter first, then connect to your headphone jack on your device.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I have a similar question about AUM (I don't have it yet):

I have an audio interface which shows up as two interfaces on mac, a stereo one and a multichannel one. If I need it, I have to choose multichannel in audio/midi setup. I think it's a "composite device," although I'm not sure what the technical term is.

iOS usually doesn't allow one to choose audio interfaces, but some apps do recognize the interface as multichannel. Do you think that I will be able to choose multichannel in AUM?

• @Nuria
    You can only have one USB audio device active at a time.
    But in both AUM and Audiobus, I can select the stereo input, or either the left or right input (labeled as 1 and 2 in some cases). You can bring each in on their own Channel and use them simultaneously.

Is that what you are asking?

• Thanks for the answer. I guess like the op i am looking for a "multisource" option in aum

• @cem_olcay said:
    Hey everyone, I can’t use my audio interface and my headphones in AUM at the same time. When I connect the headphones, it only see them as an input device and I can’t see my audio interface until I disconnect the headphones.

Although in Audiobus app I can use my usb audio interface as an input source and still can use my headphones with the “multisource audio” option. Is there an equivalent setting in AUM as well?

Hi Cem I found this post which shows how to do what you want, although I haven't tried it

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/554563/#Comment_554563