Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The NDLR into AUM

Yesterday I received my NDLR, and it's really a wonderful little midi music generator. Directly powered by the iPad, so instant fun. Four independent midi tracks, a Pad, a Drone, Motif 1 and Motif 2.

I just did a really quick session, 4 channels in AUM.

Channel 1, The Pad : Continua
Channel 2, The Drone : Bleass Alpha
Channel 3, Motif 1 : Kronecker
Channel 4, Motif 2 : Magellan 2

More information about the NDLR : https://conductivelabs.com/

Comments

• Nice! I would love an app version of NDLR, I can't really justify its cost

• @NoiseFloored said:
    Nice! I would love an app version of NDLR, I can't really justify its cost

I admit, it's not cheap. But the configuration options are almost endless. It's really deep.

• edited June 2020

so NDLR is a 4 part arp. for 600bucks. ok

• @Pierre118 said:

@NoiseFloored said:

I admit, it's not cheap. But the configuration options are almost endless. It's really deep.

Oh, I know! The key word here is I can't justify it, it's definitely worth the asking price.

• Which iPad are you using to power it?

• @NoiseFloored said:

@Pierre118 said:

@NoiseFloored said:

Oh, I know! The key word here is I can't justify it, it's definitely worth the asking price.

Understood :smile:

I think it's mostly suited for ambient/drone genre music. You can make some really good harmonic sounding music without any chord progressing knowledge.

• edited June 2020

@BiancaNeve said:
    Which iPad are you using to power it?

A iPad Pro 12.9'' gen 2 2017

• It works well with el cheapo iPad 2018.

• Finally found one cheap(ish) on ebay.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Finally found one cheap(ish) on ebay.

Congratz! You will like like it. Keep us updated please......

• @BiancaNeve said:

what's cheepish? they run $380 USD retail

• @audiblevideo said:

@BiancaNeve said:

what's cheepish? they run $380 USD retail

£230 used and boxless but in pristine condition

• @noob said:

That’s not quite doing it justice :D

The NDLR is essentially a music theory machine that orchestrates drones and pads and adds advanced arpeggiation (x2) into the mix whilst keeping the whole kit ‘n caboodle in scale. It’s smart enough to let you apply chord progressions on the fly at the press of a button (without you needing to know jack about chords) such that all the parts continue to work super well with each other. It gives you the breathing space to tweak the knobs and sliders on your synths and FX to your heart’s content. This thing is a slick performance enabler with built-in guard rails. Er I don’t actually have one but I’m assembling something similar via apps and a hardware controller - nearly there. One day though I reckon I’ll end up getting one!

• @wired2moon said:

@noob said:

The NDLR is essentially a music theory machine that orchestrates drones and pads and adds advanced arpeggiation (x2) into the mix whilst keeping the whole kit ‘n caboodle in scale. It’s smart enough to let you apply chord progressions on the fly at the press of a button (without you needing to know jack about chords) such that all the parts continue to work super well with each other. It gives you the breathing space to tweak the knobs and sliders on your synths and FX to your heart’s content. This thing is a slick performance enabler with built-in guard rails. Er I don’t actually have one but I’m assembling something similar via apps and a hardware controller - nearly there. One day though I reckon I’ll end up getting one!

Ohhh! PLease let us know which apps ;) Thanks!!

• @sevenape said:

@wired2moon said:

@noob said:

Very possible to do this in mirack or a combination of midi AU in AUM. Lower price point too.

• @wired2moon said:
    One day though I reckon I’ll end up getting one!

Hit me up if you are interested. I’m about to sell my NDLR.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@wired2moon said:

Does it not live up to your expectations or use case or other? Also PM me the price you want to sell it at?

• edited April 2021

Oh, it totally lived up to its expectations.
    I’m a reformed hardware hoarder, so I don’t hold onto stuff for too long anymore.
    Use hardware endlessly for a while and then it sits and collects dust.
    Things have to be EXTREMELY special for me to keep and put permanently into my workflow, and then I buy 2+ of them

Waiting for my torso t-1 to arrive now.....

• @AlmostAnonymous I struggle with just picking one. I looked at MidiBox, Akai One, Keystep... and settled on a Deluge.

By the way don’t look here... https://oxiinstruments.com/

• edited April 2021

I had a polyend seq for a while, so the oxi doesn’t grab me.

Also don’t just think of “picking one”. Just “pick any”. If it for you, good, if not….Bye Felicia.
    I dont buy anything with the intention of keeping it, just to try it.
    Used to keep everything and use none of it. But it does look impressive all set up.

• @sevenape said:

@wired2moon said:

@noob said:

I will once I’ve got it nailed, bear with me. Don’t expect a perfect emulation by the way!

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@wired2moon said:

Thanks man but I’m not looking to get one at the moment. Looks like you may have a buyer in any case ;)