Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ravenscroft (and other plugins) in Auria Pro (48kHz)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Yes. I’ve noticed the same. Never got around to working out how to fix it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ReflectiveHaze said:
    Maybe I've missed this in other discussions, but when using insert Ravenscroft as an AU in a 48kHz project in Auria Pro, it was half a step or something sharp. I couldn't find a setting to change the sample rate in the AU window.
    Using as an IAA instrument, it works fine in a 48kHz project.

What hardware? What is the hardware sample rate set to?

• @ReflectiveHaze said:
    Just a Yamaha P45 used as midi input.

What iPad model? It definitely sounds like Ravenscroft is playing the 44 kHz samples without sample rate converting

• @ReflectiveHaze said:
    IPad Air 2

What happens if your Auria project is 44 kHz? With no audio interface, it might be that it expects the hardware sample rate to be 44 kHz

• @ReflectiveHaze said:
    44kHz=perfectly in tune.

Well, there you go. It sounds like the AU is probably using the hardware's sample rate rather than the host project sample rate. (I am guessing that an Air2 with no external interface may be set to 44 kHz sample rate)

• @espiegel123 said:

@ReflectiveHaze said:
    44kHz=perfectly in tune.

Well, there you go. It sounds like the AU is probably using the hardware's sample rate rather than the host project sample rate. (I am guessing that an Air2 with no external interface may be set to 44 kHz sample rate)

It would be interesting to know if the AU is able to play at the proper rate in other hosts. If it's isolated to Auria Pro then that would lean toward AP needing some kind of fix. If its not then it's pretty clearly something VirSyn needs to address.

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ReflectiveHaze said:
    44kHz=perfectly in tune.

It would be interesting to know if the AU is able to play at the proper rate in other hosts. If it's isolated to Auria Pro then that would lean toward AP needing some kind of fix. If its not then it's pretty clearly something VirSyn needs to address.

Not VirSyn. Whoever the Ravenscroft developer is.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

You're right. Pre-coffee post. Thanks for catching that.

• UVI is the developer I believe. Works fine in Cubasis at both 44 and 48.

• Works fine in Nanostudio 2 and Cubasis 3.

• edited June 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.