Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

Very interested in reactions and contrast with the other models. Any early adopters yet?

• Not at $19.99 here.

I'm very happy with the Cali and MRH810.

I'll wait for the "30-watt."

A special introductory price might have tipped me.

Oh hell. Who am I kidding???

@flo26 will run it through it's paces and I'll own it later the same day! 🤣

• oh shoot. was hoping so much for intro price. now I'm on the waiting for a sale train. :'(

• Yeah. Sorry to see them abandon the until now intro pricing model.

Did the power go to their heads, or was it just a rare instance where cooler heads failed to prevail?

• There has been variation in their intro pricing but this one looks straight to full price.

• Yeah, I think the BST100 was $19.99 from the start.

• Sales help to create buzz and name recognization. Mission already accomplished, so...

• ....So I went all-in on GE Labs.

Nembrini has some really excellent amps, but $20 per amp is out of my price range — especially for a collection of high-gain amps that I’m not really in need of.

Instead, I have a couple of those, but a ton of GE amps that I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of — plus a crate of excellent effects as well.

I love Nembrini, but their non-introductory prices are unjustifiable for me.

• It's difficult to understand why developers using different pricing strategies but that won't stop me from
    writing my usual crap based upon how I connect the dots.

A developer or a marketing person will try to predict demand and multiply demand by price. I see BST100 and this particular Amp as being a bit niche with smaller expected yields. That doesn't make them worth more but if you get fewer sales you'll want more per sale to help reach a "pay back" level for the effort sooner.

Now when you won't buy due to a perceived high price you immediately question this strategy but
    those on the price fence might still hesitate but a sale might break them loose.

We'll see if there's a spot sale sometime soon to increase the yield from this product. The guitarists that covet this amps qualities just isn't hanging out here. Time to google for general music site reviews.
    There are a few out there on the desktop version and it's reputed to be an accurate emulation. It's just not a classic Guitar tone with a lot of followers. But EVH has a lot of fans so let's see if there's any buzz elsewhere.

• @wim said:
    Sales help to create buzz and name recognization. Mission already accomplished, so...

Well in that case, Nembrini who? Who is this Nembrini you speak of? Do the have auv3 in the pipeline?

• 😄😂😆

• @SNystrom said:
    ....So I went all-in on GE Labs.

Nembrini has some really excellent amps, but $20 per amp is out of my price range — especially for a collection of high-gain amps that I’m not really in need of.

Instead, I have a couple of those, but a ton of GE amps that I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of — plus a crate of excellent effects as well.

I love Nembrini, but their non-introductory prices are unjustifiable for me.

See that's where this whole amp thing suck for me. There are a few packages that I would jump all over, but without auv3 I'm spending all that cabbage for a product that is only 20% useful to me.

• @Ailerom said:
    Well in that case, Nembrini who?

Tha app comes from Nembrini Audio. Should I just add Audio to each occurrence? UPDATE: Done.
    I refer to how companies behave in general over issues of product pricing.

Do the have auv3 in the pipeline? All the Nembrini Amp Sims are AUv3. That's their biggest benefit for me to make them work well in my DAW's. All the other comparable sounding Amp Sim's are still IAA only.

• Ok thanks for the tip. I need to work on my sarcasm. Gotcha.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

How can anyone play well without owning every amp app ever made? That simply makes no sense. 🧐
    If I don't keep buying amp sim apps I'm gonna have to start practicing again. Been there, done that, not going back.

• I think it's kinda to be expected... we all are trying to get the highest possible reward for our efforts.
    At the moment they're still pretty much the only option for many many of us. By the end of this year I think there will be more than one competitor. Until then they will push out as many as they can and sell it for as high as we're willing to pay. Once competition is out with whole package for £30-50 they will readjust... For now it wouldn't make sense not to try.

• There is someting wrong with my brain. I bought the Marshall thinking, I've had a Marshall and loved it, that's all I need. Then they released the Mesa (? I think) and I though, oo, might need that for metal if I need to get that real chug going, the I saw the Soldano and remembered playing one. I thought, One more amp in the suit is probably a good idea, I'll just get that and I'm done. Look at all the sonic territory I have covered. Mwu hu ha ha hahhh, I'm so powerful. Then came the 5150 and I suddenly realised how many guitarists I love listening to use them. If I want to pretend I'm cool and play one of their riffs I'll need that for sure. Thankfully there are no more Nembrini Amps and no other players in the auv3 amp cam so I'm safe. Now I'll just head of to in store demo that Schecter Custom Shop 7 String I'll be needing.

• You bring-up some excellent points regarding Nembrini marketing, @McD.

It makes perfect sense.

Never played through a “5150,” but I’ve heard is has an excellent clean sound as well as its wide-ranging crunch. For years, most of the complaints about the various amp apps by guitarists has been the lack of a quality metal tone. While I wouldn’t necessarily label these early Nembrini releases as “metal,” I do think metal players will be more attracted to them than the majority of other guitarists.

Long story short, metal guitarists are a minority, so charging full-price at release is totally logical.

• I really wanted to buy it but 21 euros unfortunately as today is too much for me for an effect😂😂😂I waited for this release and I saved up 10 bucks. A little bit sad when I saw it costs the double.

• I am not Flo and this is not my usual alley, but it may help to get an impression of that monster 8180

• @Ailerom said:
    Ok thanks for the tip. I need to work on my sarcasm. Gotcha.

Sorry. False-positives on sarcasm is always tricky. I write intending humor but can never read and see it.
    I go straight for the literal interpretation and start building a brick and mortar response.

Anyway, it's a $20 Amp Sim and we've had a ton of amp sims lately. I'm sure the developer needs the income in these tough times... it's stay at home work.

• True, except it's $30.99 here. Apple like a little extra for the shipping costs.

• I thought It’ll be on sale too with a special introductory price.
    Not enough money for now so I revert to PSA
    Aand after months of being unable to play guitar, and fear I may never play again, I finally can play a bit without causing me too much pain in my arms.
    It’s a very happy day for me.
    So I share my first « New steps » on nembrini PSA JR its a great though it take much pleasure plying on a real amp.

• edited June 2020

Positive Grid: Hey dudes, we just moved our flagship Bias FX2 to iOS! What do you think about?
    Audiobus forum: No AUv3? It looks like crap!

Overloud: Hey dudes, we just moved our flagship TH-U to iOS! What do you think about?

Nembrini: Hey dudes, we just moved our flagship 8180 Monster Tube to iOS! It has AUv3! What do you think about?
    Audiobus forum: $19.99???? It looks like crap!

:/

• Posit> @Kranick said:

Positive Grid: Hey dudes, we just moved our flagship Bias FX2 to iOS! What do you think about?

Overloud: Hey dudes, we just moved our flagship TH-U to iOS! What do you think about?

>

Positive Grid Without Auv3 really look like crap

Overload will get Auv3 and wee be be a great product

Nembrini are incredible plugins.I can’t buy it for now, but will do it as soon as I have a bit more money.

I just post this because those comments are fair and dev needs to add Auv3. If Audiobus users, are discredited, dev won’t make the effort being compatible with AUV3 because of the complex process making the plugins compatible. but this is really important as more and more DAWS( Zenbeats, NanoStudio) are not compatible with IAA.

• I have just finished a deep dive into this app. It is simply amazing. It sounds really really good. Nembrini audio imho is the best maker of amp for IOS. They rase the bar of the competition every time they publish an app. Will try to make some demo this night.

• Nembrini has great amp sims! But i agree their prices ars a bit steep compared to a free app like GE labs that has great tones as well. I felt lucky enough to be able to pick up CaliReverb for $10. Still a bit expensive for me during these crisis times and limited income. But still better than $20 release price for the 8180. Although i would love this amp since i am a metalplayer, i will have to wait for a bundle discount or sale at some point hopefully...

• edited June 2020

@Dutchee said:
    Nembrini has great amp sims! But i agree their prices ars a bit steep compared to a free app like GE labs that has great tones as well

The price is dirt cheap. People want everything free. It has actually become a problem with the iOS platform, as traditionally it's been toy apps for toy prices. If you want desktop level apps, you are going to have to pay desktop prices. There's no free lunch.

If people are offended psychologically by a higher price, developers have a challenge on their hands. The prices i'm seeing lately fall in line with reality. Overload can get very expensive, and I've now payed at least $100 to Nembrini.

The more developers see that people will pay, the more we will see complete ports of great apps, like we are beginning to see.

• @Kranick said:

Nembrini: Hey dudes, we just moved our flagship 8180 Monster Tube to iOS! It has AUv3! What do you think about?
    Audiobus forum: $19.99???? It looks like crap!

$30.99

• @Nubus said:

@Dutchee said:
    Nembrini has great amp sims! But i agree their prices ars a bit steep compared to a free app like GE labs that has great tones as well

The price is dirt cheap. People want everything free. It has actually become a problem with the iOS platform, as traditionally it's been toy apps for toy prices. If you want desktop level apps, you are going to have to pay desktop prices. There's no free lunch.

If people are offended psychologically by a higher price, developers have a challenge on their hands. The prices i'm seeing lately fall in line with reality. Overload can get very expensive, and I've now payed at least $100 to Nembrini.

The more developers see that people will pay, the more we will see complete ports of great apps, like we are beginning to see.

Hmm, interesting. It's cheap you say, well that's great news. Great new for everyone oh voice of the common man. People want everything for free. Well that's outrageous. I'm a person. Oh the shame. No free lunch? what not even at a mates place. You know I have a lovely chilli at a friends house the other night. I thought it was free but now after reflecting on your analysis of pricing I realise that I had to drive there so there was in fact a hidden cost. So yes, no free lunches.