Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis3 How do I copy my AUplugin presets from Cubasis2 . Cb3 is brilliant Impressive :)

@Lars I copied from Cubasis2 into the effects folder. There are no plugins or user folders present in the Cubasis3 Effects folder so I just pasted my Cb2 presets there but they not showing in Cb3. Any tips . Thanks in advance. You guys have done a fantastic job with Cb3. Ive not gone into it fully as yet but so far is really good.

Comments

• I think you have to save at least one preset pe AUv3 in Cubasis 3 in order for the preset folders to pop up.
    Personally I save the presets (when possible) inside the AUv3 Plug-In as this way they will be present in all AUv3 hosts.

• @Samu said:
    I think you have to save at least one preset pe AUv3 in Cubasis 3 in order for the preset folders to pop up.
    Personally I save the presets (when possible) inside the AUv3 Plug-In as this way they will be present in all AUv3 hosts.

@Samu ok cheers dude. I was dubious yesterday about getting cb3 cos the amount of backups auto created but so far Iam so impressed with the new additions & changes. Expand mixer , no more snapshot saving too. That used to twist my brain in cb2. Steinberg are going to be hard to beat with cb3

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:
    I think you have to save at least one preset pe AUv3 in Cubasis 3 in order for the preset folders to pop up.

@Samu ok cheers dude. I was dubious yesterday about getting cb3 cos the amount of backups auto created but so far Iam so impressed with the new additions & changes. Expand mixer , no more snapshot saving too. That used to twist my brain in cb2. Steinberg are going to be hard to beat with cb3

Yeah, CB3 runs a LOT smoother (Compared to CB2) on my ancient iPad Air 2 and that's always a welcome addition :)

• edited May 2020

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

Yeah, CB3 runs a LOT smoother (Compared to CB2) on my ancient iPad Air 2 and that's always a welcome addition :)

@Samu hey Iam Air2 as well. Does the job well. I have a ipad pro12.9 but actually like working more on my Air2. @Lars Cb3 seems bit buggy at moment with recalling AU Presets. Close project&reload seems to work for now. Seems I have to do that when adding new AU presets as well. Not a major issue but take a look into it if you can. :)

• hi @stormbeats it's @LFS, not @Lars.
    -cheers. B)

• @wim said:
    hi @stormbeats it's @LFS, not @Lars.
    -cheers. B)

@wim damn silly me. Nice one

• @Lars sorry got you mixed up with @LFS

• @stormbeats said:

@wim said:
    hi @stormbeats it's @LFS, not @Lars.
    -cheers. B)

@wim damn silly me. Nice one

Happens all the time around here. :D

• edited June 2020

@LFS @samu hi guys Is there a way to keep the mixer window locked on the screen. Everytime I close an effects window the mixer also closes. Also is there a way to have the Master mix fader in the arrangement window like how the Tracks are. That way I do not have to keep going into mixer window. Thanks in advance. Still very happy with Cb3. No glitches or bugs so far, one thing I think can be improved is the Selector seems a bit slower than cb2 to appear when touching the screen in arrangement window. A slight lag . At first I thought it was a bug, its not though but could do with a faster response.
    Edit : one more thing. When I add a new preset AU or Internal I then have to close&reload cb3 for it to respond to my new preset selections.

• No there is no way to keep the mixer locked on the screen as far as I know :(

And also no way to bring up the keyboard while an AUv3 effect is on-screen to be able to check the 'effect' of the tweaking while noodling around using the on-screen keyboard.

I'm so used to the multi-window approach of AUM & apeMatrix and knowing that it can be done it would be so nice to do that in Cubasis as well. The lack of AUv3 multi-window support plagues most apps apart from AUM and apeMatrix...

I guess the best way for proper CB3 feature-requests is to post over at the Cubasis forum and start the0 'waiting-game'.
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=300

• @lfs @samu is there a way to ha> @Samu said:

No there is no way to keep the mixer locked on the screen as far as I know :(

And also no way to bring up the keyboard while an AUv3 effect is on-screen to be able to check the 'effect' of the tweaking while noodling around using the on-screen keyboard.

I'm so used to the multi-window approach of AUM & apeMatrix and knowing that it can be done it would be so nice to do that in Cubasis as well. The lack of AUv3 multi-window support plagues most apps apart from AUM and apeMatrix...

I guess the best way for proper CB3 feature-requests is to post over at the Cubasis forum and start the0 'waiting-game'.
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=300

@Samu ok cheers Yeah hope that mixer lock window gets sorted. Also I upgraded to iOS 13.5 on ipad pro&air2. Its messed up USB transfer of Projects. Not Just Cubase so seems Apple have messed up again. Glitchy Audio and cut waveforms. Total mess..

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu ok cheers Yeah hope that mixer lock window gets sorted. Also I upgraded to iOS 13.5 on ipad pro&air2. Its messed up USB transfer of Projects. Not Just Cubase so seems Apple have messed up again. Glitchy Audio and cut waveforms. Total mess..

I've not had any problems with that on my MacMini running macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and using iFunBox for file-transfers when connected with Lightning->USB cable. IDAM can be bit wonky when using other sample rates than 44.1k with the iPad Air 2, it's always been like that, 48K causes audio glitches and latency while 44.1 works smoothly...

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

I've not had any problems with that on my MacMini running macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and using iFunBox for file-transfers when connected with Lightning->USB cable. IDAM can be bit wonky when using other sample rates than 44.1k with the iPad Air 2, it's always been like that, 48K causes audio glitches and latency while 44.1 works smoothly...

@Samu yeah i just transfered via imazing & ifunbox & its fine, just weird when i use data key or hard drive attached to Camera Connection Kit. Maybe the CCK needs updating. That dialogue that comes up to update the CCK ive always said later coz not to sure about it. Cheers anyway.

• @stormbeats said:
    That dialogue that comes up to update the CCK ive always said later coz not to sure about it. Cheers anyway.

I always keep all my gadgets up-to-date and updated my CCK long, long, long, long time ago :)
    (Lates update I did was the firmware update for my AirPods).

So I'd suggest you update the CCK since it's a vital part of USB communication between devices...

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    That dialogue that comes up to update the CCK ive always said later coz not to sure about it. Cheers anyway.

I always keep all my gadgets up-to-date and updated my CCK long, long, long, long time ago :)
    (Lates update I did was the firmware update for my AirPods).

So I'd suggest you update the CCK since it's a vital part of USB communication between devices...

@Samu ok cool will do

• @Samu cheers for suggestions earlier. I upgraded the CCK but still getting issues. Will look into it further tommorow

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2020

Hi @stormbeats,

Glad to read that you seem to enjoy using Cubasis 3 so far.

Thanks to @Samu, you've recieved lots of feedback already.
    Are your questions all answered?

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Hi @stormbeats,

Glad to read that you seem to enjoy using Cubasis 3 so far.

Thanks to @Samu, you've recieved lots of feedback already.
    Are your questions all answered?

Best,
    Lars

@LFS yes cool. Really wish we could have a visual of the Master Channel in the arrangement window like we can with the tracks .

• @Samu Is c3 stable enough too use now?

• @ecou said:
    @Samu Is c3 stable enough too use now?

I've not had any major issues with it and since I'm on an iPad Air 2 I can't run an insane amount of instances of plug-ins and end up freezing tracks quite often.

If all the rumors are true I'll be able to install iPadOS14 on my iPad Air 2 so I see no immediate need to update my iPad as I find myself using Logic Pro X on my MacMini more and more every day. But if my iPad Air 2 doesn't get iPadOS14 support I will likely get a new iPad.

I always keep my iOS/iPadOS up-to-date (Currently iPadOS13.5.1) so I can't tell how well CB3 runs on other iPads with other iOS versions...

• @Samu said:

@ecou said:
    @Samu Is c3 stable enough too use now?

I've not had any major issues with it and since I'm on an iPad Air 2 I can't run an insane amount of instances of plug-ins and end up freezing tracks quite often.

If all the rumors are true I'll be able to install iPadOS14 on my iPad Air 2 so I see no immediate need to update my iPad as I find myself using Logic Pro X on my MacMini more and more every day. But if my iPad Air 2 doesn't get iPadOS14 support I will likely get a new iPad.

I always keep my iOS/iPadOS up-to-date (Currently iPadOS13.5.1) so I can't tell how well CB3 runs on other iPads with other iOS versions...

You will need a new iPad if the Logic iOS comes true. 🤞

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

So the Air 2 is not locked to 48kHz like the Air 3?
    Or do you use it with an audio interface?

• @tja said:

>

On the iPad Air 2 I can freely choose between 44.1K & 48K without using any external audio interfaces so it's not 'hardware locked' as some other devices are...

This is partly why I'm hesitant to get a newer iPad as I would likely loose the headphone jack too if I went 'Pro'...

• tjatja
    edited June 2020

@Samu said:

@tja said:

>

On the iPad Air 2 I can freely choose between 44.1K & 48K without using any external audio interfaces so it's not 'hardware locked' as some other devices are...

This is partly why I'm hesitant to get a newer iPad as I would likely loose the headphone jack too if I went 'Pro'...

Me too.
    I even consider buying an used iPhone 6s for the headjack.

And i plan to buy another Air 3, when some Air 4 comes out without such a connector.
    Just to have some reserve :-)

But the Air 3 is locked to 48 kHz, which leads me to still prefer my Pro 9.7 for musical stuff.

EDIT: Try to get a used 12.9 Pro 2nd gen, from 2017?
    I can recommend it.

• @tja said:

EDIT: Try to get a used 12.9 Pro 2nd gen, from 2017?
    I can recommend it.

I'm in no rush to get a new iPad and when I need to sample & record stuff I'll have to hook up an audio-interface anyway.
    Just need to find 'reliable' USB-C hub with USB-A ports that have also have a PD port for charging.

Cheaper USB-Hubs can cause glitchy recordings with clicks & pops which is like ARGHHHHH!
    It took me a while to nail the hub down as it caused a few sample drop-outs at semi-random intervals.

I had a 'cheaper' no-name USB-C hub hooked to my MacMini and at semi-random intervals I got a drop-out of ~2-4 samples which was enough to drive me nuts, hooked the interface directly to the Mac and voila no more drop-outs.

The hub is OK for Midi but a real NO-NO for Audio Recording.

I was thinking I could just easily hook everything to one hub and then just swap the cable between Mac and iPad when needed but nope, so for now I do BT and 5-pin midi via the UR-242 straight into the CCK when using the iPad. The 'drop-outs' happen on the iPad as well so I avoid using USB-Hubs with audio-interfaces to be on the safe side. There's no issues with drop-outs during playback, only recording...

Oh well, time will tell, but iPadOS14 will be a deciding factor if/when I get a new iPad!
    The iPad Air 2 still serves me well even though it's battery doesn't last that long anymore...

Oh well, for now I'm looking forward to WWDC'20 to see what 'news' iPadOS14 will bring :)

• @Samu said:
    Oh well, for now I'm looking forward to WWDC'20 to see what 'news' iPadOS14 will bring :)

Me too ...