Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Shining Sea / 14th Album

edited May 2020 in Creations

I feel this is my best stuff to date. Thanks in great part to many members of this forum who have supported my efforts over the last 2 1/2 years. It is a mix of jazz and classical influences, totally improvised as usual, this time on a Casio PXS3000.

Edit: I forgot to say (it was 3am) that without the teaching help I got here this album, or the 13 prior, would never have been made. The feeling that I could ask any question, no matter how basic or stupid was empowering on the learning curve. I imagine a lot of folks here feel the same way. In addition, knowing at the end of each produced track had a home to go to inspired me to, well, complete every track... and to try to make each one better than the last in terms of production skills. So, much gratitude to all of you in the community who not only generously advanced my knowledge, but also accepted and often appreciated the kind of music I make. Many thanks to you all.

So, many thanks to the following forum members, @kuhl, @rs2000, @McD, @Daveypoo, @jankun, @onkey, @kinkujin, @Pierre118, @gusgranite, @Michael and all the rest of you kind folks who have taken the time to listen to my junk as it has evolved. Much appreciated.
(Btw, the final track, Crepusculaire is not listed. Click on the title to go to the BandCamp site if you are a glutton for punishment).

Cover design: rs2000 cover image: Hokusai, The Great Wave

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/the-shining-sea

Comments

• Congratulations @LinearLineman. 14 albums is a mighty achievement. Thanks for inspiration. Listening now.

• Great album

Destiny Calling can easily be a new national anthem (I let you choose the country)

Eye Of Glass is my favorite even if the trumpets sound very artificial. The hesitant progression makes this song very touching

All the others are very good

• 14 albums is quite an achievement! Congratulations. Couldn't listen to all tracks fully but I like it! Sometimes artificial/digital trumpets can be really cool. I think the sounds fit very well.

• Here’s to 14 more!!

• @LinearLineman Just had time to listen to one track so far so jumped straight to Cherry Blossom to see if I could catch some Yusef Lateef spirit and indeed I did!

Your creativity and focus is an inspiration to us all! Keep flowing!!

• Thanks @onkey! What do you think? @cuscolima, thanks very much for listening all the way through!... as to the country’s national anthem.... Antarctica? Is it a country? Anyway, it’s Covid free.
    @Jonny8, yeah, I have stopped comparing iOS virtual to actual instruments (except piano, EPs and bass). I just think of them as sounds. It feels much better that way. @kinkujin, thanks so much for your support. Much appreciated.

How did you know Cherry Blossom was flute based @gusgranite? I haven’t thought about Yusef for a long time, but I hear it now that you make the comparison. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

• @LinearLineman said:
    How did you know Cherry Blossom was flute based @gusgranite? I haven’t thought about Yusef for a long time, but I hear it now that you make the comparison. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Well, The Plum Blossom is one of those special tracks in my life so I had a hunch!

• edited June 2020

@LinearLineman What a great album, Michael! Just bought it. And, number 14 is a well known number in The Netherlands........;)

Keep shining!

• edited June 2020

wow, thank you @Pierre118! I would have much preferred I gift it to you, but it feels very validating.
    So much appreciated. As for the rest of you folks, don’t buy it! ... Just download it!

@gusgranite, aha... I figured there was a coincidence going on there. I loved Yusef Lateef when I first heard him, but was way too stoned to remember titles back then!

• @LinearLineman said:
    wow, thank you @Pierre118! I would have much preferred I gift it to you, but it feels very validating.
    So much appreciated. As for the rest of you folks, don’t buy it! ... Just download it!

@gusgranite, aha... I figured there was a coincidence going on there. I loved Yusef Lateef when I first heard him, but was way too stoned to remember titles back then!

No problem, Michael. It's just a little gift from me to you. Your music is priceless.

• Thanks, mate!

• Previously enjoyed the individual tracks but what strikes me the most is how well everything gels together as a cohesive piece of work. Means I don't have to pick a favourite ;) Good stuff, Micheal. [claps]

• Thank you @onkey. I thought they held together as well. And thanks for the purchase. Please just download for free from now on!

• edited June 2020

Small price to pay for the privilege of pointing out that your trumpet isn’t trumpet(y) enough and your sax isn’t sax(y) enough 😂😂😂.

But seriously, great work Mike!

• Great work Mike!
    Sorry for being slow on the forum, but being the proud owner of a new lawnmower... had a bad side effect: I was also supposed to cut the grass with it, several times :smiley: