Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I've never used an Apple gift card so excuse my ignorance!

I don't understand what happened! I made the purchase of Drambo and I was charged $27.99 Canadian, and iTunes did not use up my $25 App Store & iTunes Gift Card (E-Delivery) I purchased from Costco earlier today.

I am sure I redeemed the code correctly, and just to be sure I tried it again and I was prompted that the code had already been used. Where exactly is my $25 as I can't find it, why did iTunes not apply it to my purchase and thus place the balance due of $2.99 on my credit card?

Also, I requested a refund and then a repurchase using my $25 and balance due of $2.99 on my credit card, but I got an instant prompt from iTunes "Report a Problem" saying they would not allow a refund.

I do not have a further use for the $25 and I do not know where the credit is stored in any case, so I am not sure what to do.

Comments

• I've experienced the same issue here in the states. Sometimes it has taken a couple of days for the gift card purchase to show-up as a credit in my App Store account.

I'm not certain why it happens, but it happens often enough that it no longer surprises me.

• Oh, hey. A fellow Canadian producer...

Yeah, the fact that Drambo is almost $30 was what makes it easier to resist the temptation (at least for now).

I had better luck contacting Apple to straighten out the charge on my card. Yup, you can actually call Apple...but they make it tricky to do so. You can't go directly to their website. You need to click a bunch of links. But I've done most of the legwork for you.

1. Tap on https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201382

2. Scroll down to "Contact Apple Support" and tap on the link.

3. Select the relevant issue. You can even have them call you back.

Hope this helps. Also, stay safe.

• edited May 2020

Thank you everyone!

I will contact them via 1. 2. 3. and I agree there's an unfairness that takes place in the US to Canadian exchange rate that cannot be alleviated by using my Home Trust Visa (which does not charge any additional exchange rate fees - as Apple does - if you buy something denominated in US dollars).

Alas, iTunes will not let me buy apps in US dollars. Unless you guys know a way to accomplish that, as I've tried, but iTunes wants the purchaser and credit card to have the same country of origin and currency, or so it seems.

On the subject of Canada, there was a time that I thought it would be fine if Canada and the US integrated into one country, given we are so similar in most every way. But as of the last few years, I am less comfortable with that notion!

• If I understand you correctly you say that you had a CAN 25 gift card, a purchase for CAN 27.99 and a balance of CAN 2.99 on your credit Card?

27.99 - 25 = 2.99

Seems correct to me or am I missing something?

• edited May 2020

Yep you're missing something, alas. Read my first post carefully.

• when i used gift cards i logged off and in after the redeem to make the amount appear in the profile.

• @puppychumful said:
    Yep you're missing something, alas. Read my first post carefully.

Enlighten me. You purchased Drambo. The difference between the price and your gift card is 2.99. That is the amount put onto your CC. That are the details in the original post.

• @nuno_agogo said:
    when i used gift cards i logged off and in after the redeem to make the amount appear in the profile.

Interesting, however I did not use my iPad to make the redemption, my iPad was not even turned on, and as mentioned "I am sure I redeemed the code correctly, and just to be sure I tried it again and I was prompted that the code had already been used."

• edited May 2020

Thank you everyone for you kindness, I don't want to derail this thread but recent events in the USA have my attention as does helping the underclass here in Canada and around the world in this time of crisis.