Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apps like Torso's Algorithmic Sequencer?

Can anyone recommend apps that are closest in functionality to Torso's proposed T-1 Algorithmic Sequencer? I'm thinking of something like a a MIDI version of Ninja Tune's Jamm Pro.

Comments

• Don't know about the closest, but Ruismaker and Rozeta Sequencer Suite can do euclidean polyrhythms

• Mozaic and patchstoeafe

And the Quantum Sequencer

• Thanks, I'll look into those.

I can't find "patchstoeafe"--is that a typo?

• That device looks pretty cool.

Lol, yeah it is patchstorage.com
    They have scripts for Mozaic on there.

https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/

• @CracklePot said:
    That device looks pretty cool.

Lol, yeah it is patchstorage.com
    They have scripts for Mozaic on there.

https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/

Ok, got it.

Mozaic looks more general, but does the device do much more than Quantum Sequencer?

• I think Poly 2 fits the bill perfectly. In addition to being used as a sequencer, it can also derive arpeggios from its rhythm nodes.

• @aleyas said:
    I think Poly 2 fits the bill perfectly. In addition to being used as a sequencer, it can also derive arpeggios from its rhythm nodes.

This. Poly 2 plus the Rozeta suite have you covered. I’d also give StepPolyArp Unit a look.

Also, 500 quid? Yikes.

• Thanks for the Poly 2 rec--I'd never heard of it before, and it looks really cool. Its interface resembles Mazetools Soniface, by the way.

The Torso's $500 would at least be debatable if the device offered functionality or sound that was available nowhere else. But it looks to me that it's 100% reproducible in iOS, with iOS offering an even more flexible tactile playing capability if an app maker chooses to do that. I can see how people don't want to part from their physical boxes for iOS, but in this case, the iPad is the more satisfying physical box.

Torso clearly has the skills to create the exact same device in iOS, seeing as how their device is itself nothing but a little computer with two dozen points of physical interaction. They're not dealing with oscillators or filters or wavefolders or samples or analog-to-digital issues, etc., just digitally processing MIDI. In that case, even previous model iPads would work fine. They could maybe charge as much as $20 for the app.