Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, I made a Patreon...it did not go quite as I expected (ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS - LIVE PREMIERE)

edited May 2020 in Other

WTF DUDE? Not this shit again?

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the heading...wait a minute. I'm the person writing the article. Ahem...

Hey everyone,

My name is #SEONN and I'm a ...(okay we get it, dumbass. you're an iOS Producer. Didn't we let you know our thoughts?)

But this thread isn't about that (okay, I lied...IT IS ABOUT THAT).

I made a video answering your questions and sharing my views with the whole outcome. It'll be a YouTube premiere at 1PM EST where I hope to address all of your questions. I'll be active on the live chat, but please feel free to leave a comment in the video if it doesn't get answered in the video.

Here's the video... (although I'd appreciate watching it on the channel so I can get your thoughts and comments)

And for those who are unaware, I recently started a Patreon where I post articles. It's going to be free today (May 30th at 5PM EST, so I wouldn't recommend subscribing. Maybe use that money and buy a great app).

Here's the link to the Patreon article - https://www.patreon.com/posts/37439880

And just incase things get too spicy here...

(I think this is how we summon Michael, right? Idk...weird how the previous thread got shut down)

Comments

• edited May 2020

I always saw Patreon as an add-on to whatever you do on, say, Youtube. People get to know and like your stuff enough that they want to support you and then you reward that support with some content fluff. I really love what loopop is doing with his Patreon, for example. You actually get something worth having and I subbed to his Patreon just because of what you got, which is a pdf containing the sum total of all the knowledge that he gains from each gear review. It also has a lot of information on how to make synth patches, MIDI, signal flow and on and on. It's currently at about 350 pages and he updates it every month. Kinda feels like there's some love there for me, from him.

That's not it, with you. You're doing it the other way round. Starting a Patreon and then building the content as you go. Is that right? Or have I got a firm grasp of the wrong end of the stick? Wouldn't be the first time, not gonna lie.

• edited May 2020

@ashh said:
    I always saw Patreon as an add-on to whatever you do on, say, Youtube. People get to know and like your stuff enough that they want to support you and then you reward that support with some content fluff. I really love what loopop is doing with his Patreon. You actually get something worth having and I subbed to his Patreon just because of what you got, which is a pdf containing the sum total of all the knowledge that he gains from each gear review. It also has a lot of information on how to make synth patches, MIDI, signal flow and on and on. IT's currently at about 350 pages and he updates it every month. Kinda feels like there's some love there for me, from him.

That's not it, with you. You're doing it the other way round. Starting a Pateron and then building the content as you go.Is that right? Or have I got a firm grasp of the wrong end of the stick? Wouldn't be the first time, not gonna lie.

I'm going to upfront from this point, ashh. Watch the video, ask your questions there. Then if you have any other questions, we can talk. Because I have treated all of you with respect and consideration.

I know I'm using my (poor attempt at humour) at tackling this debate but as an artist, I choose to use my art form to express myself.

And yes, this is an art. Everything I do is an art.

• Sink it! Sink it! Sink it! 🤣
    (I do admire the courage though)

• edited May 2020

@Samflash3 said:

@ashh said:
    I always saw Patreon as an add-on to whatever you do on, say, Youtube. People get to know and like your stuff enough that they want to support you and then you reward that support with some content fluff. I really love what loopop is doing with his Patreon. You actually get something worth having and I subbed to his Patreon just because of what you got, which is a pdf containing the sum total of all the knowledge that he gains from each gear review. It also has a lot of information on how to make synth patches, MIDI, signal flow and on and on. IT's currently at about 350 pages and he updates it every month. Kinda feels like there's some love there for me, from him.

That's not it, with you. You're doing it the other way round. Starting a Pateron and then building the content as you go.Is that right? Or have I got a firm grasp of the wrong end of the stick? Wouldn't be the first time, not gonna lie.

I'm going to upfront from this point, ashh. Watch the video, ask your questions there. Then if you have any other questions, we can talk. Because I have treated all of you with respect and consideration.

I know I'm using my (poor attempt at humour) at tackling this debate but as an artist, I choose to use my art form to express myself.

And yes, this is an art. Everything I do is an art.

Respect and consideration. It's funny what we say and how others hear us. I am quite fascinated by it. Rather like making music. What we hear and what others hear, are two different things. So when you say respect and consideration, my reply is that it certainly doesn't look like that to some people here. From what I've read, that is.

The thing is, believe it or not, I was hoping to give you some support through my question. Not attack you. I guess what I thought I said was not what you heard. I apologise if I've irritated you.

Can I ask, because I won't be at your premiere, what drives you to kick on this particular door? It feels like you need money, fast and want your music to produce it. I guess that's the struggle but there's something else here, for you. A twist. Almost like you have 'kick me' on your back and you put it there yourself.

Anyway, good luck. I really mean that. You will get there if you keep going.

• edited May 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Sink it! Sink it! Sink it! 🤣

You just made it float!!!!

Yes, the courage is something you will need and buckets of it! Setting up a public enterprise is like giving birth (not that I speak from experience!). It is painful either way you do it. If you do it slowly, you’ll pay it with patience and if you head a brick wall...you know where I’m going.

There is a chance that you gain your respect here by sheer tenacity! 😬

Likely folks will just stick a mental tag on your face and start knowing what to expect. As soon as they learn what to expect you will stop getting knee jerk reactions and you’re good.

• @ashh said:
    I always saw Patreon as an add-on to whatever you do on, say, Youtube. People get to know and like your stuff enough that they want to support you and then you reward that support with some content fluff. I really love what loopop is doing with his Patreon, for example. You actually get something worth having and I subbed to his Patreon just because of what you got, which is a pdf containing the sum total of all the knowledge that he gains from each gear review. It also has a lot of information on how to make synth patches, MIDI, signal flow and on and on. It's currently at about 350 pages and he updates it every month. Kinda feels like there's some love there for me, from him.

That's the point. It's certainly better to provide some content first before talking about it.

• Just so I can mark it up nicely in my calendar...
    This is an extra thread due to your respect and consideration, but the real thing - that you announced to announce - is yet to come?

• When’s the sex tape coming out?

• I think I see sinkage on the immediate horizon, sadly 😂

• Just a hint, you'd gain a little more patience from people if you put this in the Off-topic or creations section at least ;)

• edited May 2020

!> @Samflash3 said:

And for those who are unaware, I recently started a Patreon where I post articles. It's going to be free today (March 30th at 5PM EST, so I wouldn't recommend subscribing. Maybe use that money and buy a great app).

>

Has this already premiered? As we're now at the end of May!

• @OnfraySin said:
    Bye bye

I didnt know you can do that @OnfraySin?... Cheers mate!.. :)

• I’m curious why you keep referring to ‘questions’? I didn’t see too many questions in the other thread - they were all comments as far as I could see.

• Sam, just make music and have fun.

• @Small_paul1976 said:
    Sam, just make music and have fun.

This

• @supadom said:

Yes, the courage is something you will need and buckets of it! Setting up a public enterprise is like giving birth (not that I speak from experience!). It is painful either way you do it. If you do it slowly, you’ll pay it with patience and if you head a brick wall...you know where I’m going.

Likely folks will just stick a mental tag on your face and start knowing what to expect. As soon as they learn what to expect you will stop getting knee jerk reactions and you’re good.

To sink or to float? That is the question. I think I'm more scared of it floating, frankly.

• Lol 😂

• He’ll either be a sinker or a floater.

Bear in mind though, you can’t polish a floater...

• @Gavinski said:

@supadom said:

To sink or to float? That is the question. I think I'm more scared of it floating, frankly.

You’ve just missed the opportunity of likening it to shit that floats. Amateur!

• Didn't really want to go there, but why not 😝. I'll refrain from changing the text to make it more appropriate, mind you 😉

• @Samflash3 am getting this right, so you are charging 25$ a month to be pen pals?
    The idea is great but to profit you need a wider audience, ios music is a small niche and Im sure you can talk about other topics that concern more people.
    Think about it, old folks, people living in remote areas, lifers, death row, everybody needs a pen pal :)

• @Gavinski said:
    Didn't really want to go there, but why not 😝. I'll refrain from changing the text to make it more appropriate, mind you 😉

🤣🤣🤣 Spot on!!

• edited May 2020

I hope there are at least 4 more hype threads to prepare me for a youtube video "going live"

kinda weird to ask people to tune in to some live event as though it's a party or something when the main questions so far have been "wtf man!?" and "are you really serious?"

lots of thoughtful advice was posted that you seem to have ignored. I didn't see many questions tbh.

this all feels like a lot of hot air tbh. the "controversy" of the sampr thread was about as interesting as arguing that "ice cream is so overrated!". it's inane, and doesn't bring much to the table.

"everything I do is an art"

I remember being in art school and cringing at kids who would say shit like this. it betrays a kind of solipsistic narcissism - that the world just doesn't get their brilliance, and all the world is their stage. they were always the ones who would talk a lot about art but with little to show for it.

• You’re either a very brave man Sam, or really hungry for fame and attention, it’s honestly hard to say. But one thing I would predict with certainty is that the live chat on this stream is going to make extremely interesting viewing. Now where’s that popcorn gif that Michael posted :p :p

• rcfrcf
    edited May 2020

I feel you're losing your way with the whole questions and answers video thing. I can come on here for free to learn, to be criticised, and to give and receive advice if asked for. Your 'big reveal' seems a little like smoke and mirrors to me; stay focused on the music.

And the Patreon thing: I suspect I'm not alone here, but I will never under any circumstances register a credit card to get 'free stuff'. If I come across something that I really like and value, and it provides me with regular reliable and quality content, then I will register my card and pay. The Bandcamp website for instance; lots of quality content there and you can listen for free. When I come across a talented, relatively unknown artist on Bandcamp and they do the 'free or pay as you like' thing, then I happily give my card details and stump up some good money for all their hard work... and I'm rewarded with something I can keep, and enjoy over and over again...

Why would anyone want to do the credit card thing just to watch and hear you answer your critics on here? Of course they might...

• edited May 2020

.> @Gavinski said:

You’re either a very brave man Sam, or really hungry for fame and attention, it’s honestly hard to say. But one thing I would predict with certainty is that the live chat on this stream is going to make extremely interesting viewing. Now where’s that popcorn gif that Michael posted :p :p

Oh, man...you're going to gain a new appreciation for that gif with this video.

But the video should answer the other question as well. Also, keep up the great content. Was watching your Stria series earlier. I don't have the app but it just might be on my to buy list.

Stay safe, man.

• Nice one, thanks for watching. I was planning to go to bed early tonight, but I might stick around for your stream, who knows, so maybe see you later ;)

• edited May 2020

I think Sam has taken a bit of a wrong turn on this one but I implore others to be kind. Sam is clearly a young man and feeling his way through all of this stuff, as we all are. Let’s be a little gentle in these troubled times. Sam: keep going, mate, but realise that you’re not going to find people to subscribe to a channel with practically no content. Build up the content and, if it’s good, patrons will surely follow. But making a video about how your strategy - which, let’s not beat about the Bush, defies logic - has not worked out, is hardly going to bring people onside. I wish you all the best, though, and will subscribe to your channel.

• I feel he was lost to begin with... It's very rarely the case that good things come out of bad intentions. And to me it looks like the intention was never to educate or share but to chase some numbers at this point it doesn't even matter if it's positive or negative...
    Sad really... and a little worrisome, it's hard predict how long will this be 'tolerated' and for him there is no good outcome here...

This discussion has been closed.