Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog 3P / $35,000 plus shipping

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

There's a room in hell with this modular patchable synth (and no piano) reserved for you work with for eternity... and no keyboard of any type. You have to work for a long time just to get it to play in tune
    I think.

Don't toy with the devil. That Moog technology led to your new emulating tools like the RC275 and the ES8.

Presets are pretty cool if you just want to get to work making music.

• The old Synthesizerstudio Bonn had one of those. I felt always a bit sacrilegious when they let me play with it.

• edited May 2020

Or buy these two and a nice car:

(Pulsar P900)

• I’ll wait a few months for the Behringer duplicate.

• @u0421793 said:
    I’ll wait a few months for the Behringer duplicate.

Came looking for this comment. I have to say that I quite like Behringer's synth resurrections and how they've disrupted the market. It looks like there's room for the originals along side the clones. I do love my K2.

• I bet @LinearLineman will be in as soon as Behringer have their final masterpiece done:
    Keith Emerson's Moog Modular. With presets.

• @ashh said:

@u0421793 said:

Came looking for this comment. I have to say that I quite like Behringer's synth resurrections and how they've disrupted the market. It looks like there's room for the originals along side the clones. I do love my K2.

Did you have a chance to compare it to the original or other korg remakes?
    I'm thinking about getting one just to try and compare with my ms20m... if the sound is right B wins because of the size and easier patchability

• edited May 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:

@ashh said:

@u0421793 said:

I'm thinking about getting one just to try and compare with my ms20m... if the sound is right B wins because of the size and easier patchability

I didn't get to do that, more's the pity. What's the difference between the Mini and the K2?

• edited May 2020

@ashh said:

@ashh said:

@u0421793 said:

I didn't get to do that, more's the pity. What's the difference between the Mini and the K2?

Sorry, I meant ms20(module)
    It has few extras (switchable sync and fm, original filter and revised (slightly cleaner) and of course pwm mod in :)) but if k2 does bring the ms20 'thing' I think I would go for it... if it sounds and feels right.
    I think mini and k2 are identical except for the keyboard (at least on paper)

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@ashh said:

@ashh said:

@u0421793 said:

Sorry, I meant ms20(module)
    It has few extras (switchable sync and fm, original filter and revised (slightly cleaner) and of course pwm mod in :)) but if k2 does bring the ms20 'thing' I think I would go for it... if it sounds and feels right.
    I think mini and k2 are identical (at least on paper)

Are there any such comparisons between all renditions of MS-20 class products, which also include a comparison with Korg’s iMS-20 app?

• And still on the 3P no control over each oscillators individual pulse width just one knob to control all 6, I think I'll pass! :D

I recently decided to dig into some of the SID tricks and one of them was to change the pulse-width and pitch of a synced square wave. This tune heavily uses that trick. Knuckle Busters by Rob Hubbard :)

• Not that I know of. At least nothing that brings the whole range...
    I've seen some comparisons between original and the app when it was released and there are separate comparisons between original and mini. I haven't seen but am sure there are comparisons between korg and behri too... I also done my own comparing to the app.

Would be good to see them all, but to me it's always down to face to face experience.
    I mean I was able to recreate a patch on ipad to nearly identical, but it felt like a fight for tiny sweet spot and only few sweet spots in total, while on hardware it's like the whole thing is a massive sweet spot... you can't go wrong :)

• @u0421793 said:
    Are there any such comparisons between all renditions of MS-20 class products, which also include a comparison with Korg’s iMS-20 app?

Or do you mean spec wise?

• edited May 2020

@rs2000 said:
    Or buy these two and a nice car:

(Pulsar P900)

This. More versatile, sounds even better (for me personally), more voices, included amazing FX and last but not least the developer is preparing also things for iOS (since code get converted to JUCE, it might start with their new FX unit(s)).

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@u0421793 said:

No, sound-wise.

I used to have an MS-10, MS-20 and SQ-10 (and a pair of KPR-77 drum machines to use as s-triggers). Now I’d be just as happy with the iMS-20 as the sound is close enough for me plus I can save patches. Of all the Behringer units in that rackable tabletop format, the MS-20 one is the one that appeals to me the most (the sophisticated external in with pitch-CV, and also the VC HPF plus VC LPF, plus a spare VCA).

• @u0421793 said:

@u0421793 said:

No, sound-wise.

I used to have an MS-10, MS-20 and SQ-10 (and a pair of KPR-77 drum machines to use as s-triggers). Now I’d be just as happy with the iMS-20 as the sound is close enough for me plus I can save patches. Of all the Behringer units in that rackable tabletop format, the MS-20 one is the one that appeals to me the most (the sophisticated external in with pitch-CV, and also the VC HPF plus VC LPF, plus a spare VCA).

I bought Neutron without demoing it - cheap barely touched second hand from ebay - just for its parts to add functionality to ms20m and 0coast... the parts packed into that thing is probably over £1000 if bought as separate modules... and I actually like it as a whole too.

• Synthesizers.com (DOTCOM) has been a thing now for a very long time. No reason to buy Moogs overpriced system. I’m sure it sound good, but everyone of those modules is available in the “MU” modular format from different manufacturers for cheaper. Plus, you can build a system one module at a Time or as your budget allows. I’ve had a few different 5U systems (including Dotcom) over the years and they’re great.

https://synthesizers.com/

• edited May 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Does it come with a Plug Adapter?... :D

• @Max23 said:
    Overpriced old junk
    Get something modern like the new Behringer Roland system 100 m clones
    Much easier to patch, everything is attenuated , has multiple inputs, trallala
    So you don’t get a big spiderweb for trivial things

It’s only 100 bugs a module, so it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. https://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_112_dual_vco.htm

I must admit I do find this one quite interesting.

• edited May 2020

I’m getting a patch-baby robot for mine for preset management. Manual patching is for paupers.

• @Max23 said:
    Overpriced old junk

It’s only 100 bugs a module, so it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. https://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_112_dual_vco.htm

Nice try. It’s very well known that 1/4‘‘ jacks sound much better than 1/8‘‘. 🤪

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2020

I actually have no interest in this behemoth. And I could never figure it out. I just put it up for you guys to talk about 😘

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Max23 said:
    Overpriced old junk

Only with platinum :)

• @Clueless said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Max23 said:
    Overpriced old junk

Don’t I know it. This here is my cable of choice:

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-6-56-Braided-Cable/dp/B003CT2A2M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Sample reviews:

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Clueless said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Max23 said:
    Overpriced old junk

Don’t I know it. This here is my cable of choice:

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-6-56-Braided-Cable/dp/B003CT2A2M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Sample reviews:

Placebo effect? :)

• @Philandering_Bastard & @Clueless
    I never thought about using a satellite receiver in a modular rig but now that you say it... 😅

• @rs2000 said:
    @Philandering_Bastard & @Clueless
    I never thought about using a satellite receiver in a modular rig but now that you say it... 😅

Read the comments. That entry has been around for years and used to retail for around 6000 USD. Don’t know about sales but it led to some outstanding short prose pieces.

• These days you can get 13 modules of analog synthesizer for €449 (plus shipping). It's crazy. And so little. And you can save presets, and put it away in a drawer when you're not patching.
    https://reverb.com/item/29311431-erica-synths-pico-system-iii-desktop
    [no affiliation with/experience of this seller, but it's the cheapest listing I found]

They say that, "You and all your future generations can spend a lifetime only patching the Pico System III", which is what puts me off.