Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moebius Lab PART 2 tutorial is available. EDIT: HeidiBonkers won the code!

Edit:

Moebius Lab Tutorial Pt 2 (featuring Special guest: AAS Objeq!) - FREE CODE available!

This continues the multi-part tutorial series on Amazing Noises’ Moebius Lab. It’s a bit of a long one, what can I say, this is a SUPER deep app and takes time to explore properly. I also discuss the resonator effect app, Objeq, which is one of my personal favorites, and there is a section on understanding LFOs and waveforms that will be very helpful for some. If you already know this, feel free to skip it. That’s what the timestamps are for! Timestamps are available when viewing in youtube.

Details for the free code are available in the youtube comments section.

Moebius Lab Tutorial Pt 2

This was the earlier message, which refers to Part 1:

My new tutorial is up on youtube, please check it out. As always, please view in youtube and grace it with a ‘like’ and an interesting comment if you feel inspired enough.

Amazing Noises are providing a free code to one lucky viewer - details are in the pinned comment on the youtube page.

The other benefit of watching on youtube is that it is time stamped, so you can skip to the section that interests you.

Topics covered in Pt 1 (Pt 2 and 3 will follow soon, this is a very deep app and takes time to explore properly):

Understanding the input and output sections
Listening to some presets
The Exciter effect - bonus: what is the difference between saturation and excitation
The Ringer effect - bonus: what is ring modulation
Using the inbuilt lfos
The Klamper effect - bonus: what is clipping, what is wavefolding

Hope you find it useful, comments here are also welcome, thanks a lot folks.

Comments

• Oh nice. I really enjoyed your last tutorial on Stria.

• I will watch but I won’t enter 🤣

• Bonus tip - when you run this as an audiobus/IAA standalone, you can insert AU3/IAA effects. Not many effects apps that are worth running standalone in this AU3 era, but this is definitely one of them.

• Yes! Don’t worry, that will be mentioned in Part 2, it is one of the many super cool things about this app.

@cian said:
    Bonus tip - when you run this as an audiobus/IAA standalone, you can insert AU3/IAA effects. Not many effects apps that are worth running standalone in this AU3 era, but this is definitely one of them.

• @Krupa said:
    I will watch but I won’t enter 🤣

Ah, feel free to enter again haha, no harm in winning twice

• Third time would be the charm I’m afraid 😬

• Real nice. Thx so much. Liked it👍

• @Gavinski

I had a look and left a comment on YouTube.

Nicely done.

• @Charlesalbert @Gravitas cheers folks, appreciate it 😘

• edited May 2020

Man - this is one of those hidden gems on iOS. And it's the app that got me into the whole Amazing Noises/apeSoft thing. Deep, deep, deep functionality in this app. Spent a long time beta testing this one and it's just gotten better and better over time.

Excellent video - super detailed. Well done!

• Really nice @Gavinski
    I must say I’ve been avoiding this one as too intimidating but you, as always, un mystifying it.
    Sounds really good so far. Looking forward the next episode 😊

• @Gavinski
    Thanks for your video, a very helpful explication of this amazing tool
    (Color me subscribed)

• Wonderful! But... it is not Apesoft, it is Amazing Noises ;) http://apps.amazingnoises.com/

• Yes, sorry about that Maurizio! I'll change it in the thread title and on YouTube now, apologies for the confusion, I always think of the 2 companies as identical, though they aren't. 😅

• Nice one @Gavinski ... one of my fave apps!
    Already subbed... :)

• Thanks guys, and honoured to get the Daveypoo seal of approval, I know you're a big Amazing Noises / Apesoft fan. Hope you have never mixed their names up in one of your walkthroughs. :o

• Very detailed information which is greatly appreciated forthis complex app. Top shelf work, thank-you!

• I haven’t watched the video yet, but this is a waaay underrated app. Such a great under appreciated experimental laboratory of sonic joy. :)

• @RJB ✌️👍
    @skiphunt EXTREMELY underrated, I totally agree. The problem is, there is a bit of a barrier to entry with Amazing Noises and apeSoft apps. They are deep and powerful tools, you generally have to read the manuals to get the most from them, and not everyone is willing to do this, which is tragic really. Because I think at present they are probably my favourite developer. Their apps are super creative, deep, fairly priced (particularly the bundles are insane bargains), and very, very solid by iOS standards. I can’t remember having any crashes. So they take some time to get to know, but my god are they worth the investment. Not to mention that Alessandro and Maurizio seem like great people, and are very responsive to support requests.

• @mauriziogiri said:
    Wonderful! But... it is not Apesoft, it is Amazing Noises ;) http://apps.amazingnoises.com/

Maybe one day we can have the story of the two companies. I also mix them all the time.

I didn’t even know there was a website for amazing noises as I always have visited apeSoft’s, which by the way has Amazing Noises apps listed
    http://www.apesoft.it/

Agree: they are amazing 😉 apps maybe leaning towards the experimental.

They would be perfect for developing an MPE synth 🤭

• @despego I dream of an Amazing Noises / Apesoft mpe synth. Even better if they made all the existing ones mpe! Frk what I gathered from Alessandro, they are definitely interested in mpe but not currently working on anything.

• @Gavinski said:
    @despego I dream of an Amazing Noises / Apesoft mpe synth. Even better if they made all the existing ones mpe! Frk what I gathered from Alessandro, they are definitely interested in mpe but not currently working on anything.

I think they’ve been porting things to Mac?

• Actually, Amazing Noises also have a few cool looking Max For Life plugins that I really wish they would port to iOS, particularly Pulsor:

https://www.amazingnoises.com/

• Juan Rodriguez (not sure if that is someone here or not) won the code, congrats! There will be more codes in Part 2 and 3 of this series by the way, Maurizio was very generous.

• @Gavinski said:
    My new tutorial is up on youtube, please check it out. As always, please view in youtube and grace it with a ‘like’ and an interesting comment if you feel inspired enough.

Amazing Noises are providing a free code to one lucky viewer - details are in the pinned comment on the youtube page.

The other benefit of watching on youtube is that it is time stamped, so you can skip to the section that interests you.

Topics covered in Pt 1 (Pt 2 and 3 will follow soon, this is a very deep app and takes time to explore properly):

Understanding the input and output sections
    Listening to some presets
    The Exciter effect - bonus: what is the difference between saturation and excitation
    The Ringer effect - bonus: what is ring modulation
    Using the inbuilt lfos
    The Klamper effect - bonus: what is clipping, what is wavefolding

Hope you find it useful, comments here are also welcome, thanks a lot folks.

EXCELLENT!

• Thanks Edward, you have great taste 😝

• Hi, I'm Juan, thanks a lot @Gavinski, I'll be waiting for parts 2 and 3!

• Just wondering if anyone uses the synth in Moebius, and what you think of it? Cheers folks. Part 2 will be coming in the next few days, got a bit delayed, tooooo busy with too many things.

• edited June 2020

Moebius Lab Tutorial Pt 2 (featuring Special guest: AAS Objeq!) - FREE CODE available!

I just uploaded the new tutorial to YouTube. Enjoy.

This continues the multi-part tutorial series on Amazing Noises’ Moebius Lab. It’s a bit of a long one, what can I say, this is a SUPER deep app and takes time to explore properly. I also discuss the resonator effect app, Objeq, which is one of my personal favorites (where I’m showing how we can use external AU and IAA inside Moebius!), and there is a section on understanding LFOs and waveforms that will be very helpful for some. If you already know this, feel free to skip it. That’s what the timestamps are for! Timestamps are available when viewing in youtube.

Details for the free code are available in the youtube comments section.

Moebius Lab Tutorial Pt 2

• Nice @Gavinski. I was looking forward to learning more about what can be done with AUv3s inside of it.
    Just finished work and this is the perfect thing to go with some dinner. Watching on youtube of course for those views ;)