Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"The State of Dis-Union"

Mercifully short. Music for the times.

Comments

• @McD I thought that was really good, I love experimental music, I also like the idea of doing an album of very short pieces of experimental soundscapes

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @McD I thought that was really good, I love experimental music, I also like the idea of doing an album of very short pieces of experimental soundscapes

Thanks Doug. I'm really pushing back the boundries using AUM and the apps I have at hand. I'm sure I'd have a hard time approaching it as a stranger so I'm glad it touches you. I hope you are dodging the virus and can continue to create.

• Nice. Channeling your inner BBC Radiophonic Workshop is always good.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Nice. Channeling your inner BBC Radiophonic Workshop is always good.

@ReflectiveHaze said:
    That is some atonal madness. Pushing the like button :)

Thanks guys!

• Good shit. Keep it up!

• Damn - that's haunting. Well done.

• edited May 2020

Cool, I like a bit of spectral wailing.

• I love this, @McD. Truly, you pulled an amazing piece of quartz out of the ground.

You could easily expand this with more harmonic content — an underlying bed of chords could really move it somewhere else. Or you could leave it as is; it feels like the interstitial moments on Eno's "Another Green World."

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good shit. Keep it up!

@Daveypoo said:
    Damn - that's haunting. Well done.

@MonzoPro said:

Wow. Feedback is coming from some people I truly respect.
    I almost didn't post this one at all. But I'm in a bit of a fuck it mood anyway.

• Possible soundtrack to an upcoming episode of the twilight zone.

• @McD said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Good shit. Keep it up!

@Daveypoo said:

@MonzoPro said:

I almost didn't post this one at all. But I'm in a bit of a fuck it mood anyway.

HEY

• @hypnopad said:
    Possible soundtrack to an upcoming episode of the twilight zone.

Exactly.... I feel like we're stuck in an episode of the Twilight Zone.
    Everything you relied upon has been taken away and there's no end in sight.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@McD said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Good shit. Keep it up!

@Daveypoo said:

@MonzoPro said:

HEY

😂

• Great liked it <3 Sounds like that crazy world in which with have lived last months...

• @ReflectiveHaze said:
    That is some atonal madness. Pushing the like button :)

I appreciate this summary. It was definitely intentionally atonal so I respect the recognition of a
    fucked up tonal context.

@ReflectiveHaze said:
    :'(
    Ha ha, just messin'

No really... it was a spot on, preceptive comment. Sonic madness. Bingo.

• @ReflectiveHaze said:

@ReflectiveHaze said:

:'(
    Ha ha, just messin'

I was teary eyed that I wasn't in the respected crowd :D :)

Sorry. I have a lot of history with some of the commenters. Not all of it positive so
    they are being overly generous and forgiving. I can be a jerk.

But compliments can create unintended slights too.

I was complimenting an artist that had just delivered a great one man show and another
    audience member came up and said "That last song you played was really amazing."

The last song was really a cover and the earlier material were all originals so the artist mumbled to me
    "and the rest were all crap?"

The last song was actually an instrumental live rendering of a symphonic movement so it was impressive
    that he could play the keyboard so well and his songs were primarily written to sell to current artists
    since his vocal skills were modest. He had sold tunes to the Monkees, Helen Reddy and could craft
    great pop tunes. If someone was willing to pay I'm sure he could have also written post-romantic symphonies but he was a songwriter by trade.

Hearing your usual songwriter type pull a symphony out of his pocket was pretty surprising and showed that he had absorbed a lot of music in his life beyond the usual demands of pop tunes.

• I love the glitchy bell like sound a lot!

• edited May 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jonny8 said:
    I love the glitchy bell like sound a lot!

That comes from a Reason Compact Europa preset called the "Chapel Pad" in the "Characteristic Elements" package. Going to cost a bit to get all the pieces needed but it sure sounds like sampled
    bells. Reason will probably cough up all these jewels over the next few years as they try to get more
    revenue from the IOS community.

• This reminds me of the opening scene of Earthbound.

• edited May 2020

“Wild. Erotic. Nipple-twisting. Panic inducing. Fervent. Apoplectic.” - a satisfied listener

• @robertreynolds said:
    “Wild. Erotic. Nipple-twisting. Panic inducing. Fervent. Apoplectic.” - a satisfied listener

You are a man of few words... but they are the best words. Thank you for the investment of you time
    and the response. Made my day.

• @robertreynolds said:

Do you want a tissue?

• Nice stuff. Also the fishy tracks. Some timbres in both that remind me of my old Juno 6. Following.