Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala app feature wishes. What are yours?

13»

Comments

• I'm hesitant to ask for deeper sequencer capabilities, because - while it can be frustrating - it's kind of perfect in its limitations, BUT... It would be very cool to have a toggle option to tie MIDI to a sample, so if I move the sample on, say, B7 to A13, the MIDI sequence moves with it.

Alternately, a better copy/paste method for the sequencer would also be welcome. Something like clicking on B7 in piano roll brings up a list to copy MIDI from/paste to another slot.

Really anything else at this point is just gravy. I can't believe how productive I've been with Koala since I discovered the enhanced sequencer a few months after Samurai came out. Thank you, @elf_audio

• edited January 2022

If nothing ever is added from this point it’s still amazing. If I really really could have something added on top, it’s effects. Basically just copy the ones from the sp404 mk 2 and the effects bus concept, or copy the zoom pedal idea and It’s gravy.

• A few generative sequencing options would be ace I reckon; note probability being the most obvious…

• 32bit
    Legato - slide - glide

• global timestretch
    enable the user to pitch multiple samples on different pads in sync at the same time like in the SP 202
    enable ability to sample sound while playing sound like the SP 303
    Cassette tape Sim like the SP MK2
    Bad video tape sim
    Reel 2 Reel tape
    Enable the ability to sync with the sync button two different samples with each other like in DJ Pro
    Enable the ability to sample or import samples and create instruments like SampleWiz 2

• Would love to see a AU module built into Koala at some point don’t expect it to be a DAW yes I know you can’t use a DAW to get sounds in but just to have a sample AU module would be cool.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Would love to see a AU module built into Koala at some point don’t expect it to be a DAW yes I know you can’t use a DAW to get sounds in but just to have a sample AU module would be cool.

Hmmm, Koala is already has AUv3 support and if you load it into an FX slot in a DAW you can record samples with it too.

• Would be awesome to have new features such as :

• note repeat
    • more banks
    • hold fx like koala fx
    • Bus or Master Bus FX
    • online time stretch and pitch shift at the same time
    • chords
    • more scales
    • possibilities to tell on which bank the chop has to be (to keep original sample on bank A and have 16 chop on bank B for example)
    • presets for bank(to have our love drum kits ready to rock)
    • key detection
    • Bluetooth Midi controller support
    • Cassette Tape FX
    • Mute / Solo Pads
    • Pattern sequencer to make the full song in Koala (I know the tricks to add pattern to another at the end, but it's not so easy when you want to add some breaks or other in the full song)
    • STEMS export

But for real… koala is near to perfect 🙂 Thanks so much Marek @elf_audio

• A global play/stop button please :)

• @Lawkyz said:

• STEMS export

Menu/Export/All Sequences solves this I think.

• Yes but it would be cool to can choose what you want to export :

• Sound alone (kick / Snare, Hat..)
    • All chop samples...

Or maybe I use export in a wrong way ?

@JudasZimmerman said:

@Lawkyz said:

• STEMS export

Menu/Export/All Sequences solves this I think.

• Maybe Mute / Solo pad can cover this no ?

@stormywaterz said:
    A global play/stop button please :)

• Take key features of SP404mk2 and bring those into Koala. No one is getting one of these units anytime soon 🤪

Clip launching mode would be cool and specify how many times to loop without having to do it in the sequencer would be cool.

• @echoopera said:
    Take key features of SP404mk2 and bring those into Koala. No one is getting one of these units anytime soon 🤪

Clip launching mode would be cool and specify how many times to loop without having to do it in the sequencer would be cool.

Thomann said 19 weeks! Still, it’s a good cure for GAS.

• The ability for it to import a sample and tell me what is it's bpm.

• @sevenape said:

@echoopera said:
    Take key features of SP404mk2 and bring those into Koala. No one is getting one of these units anytime soon 🤪

Thomann said 19 weeks! Still, it’s a good cure for GAS.

Yeah...19 Weeks...crazy. Worse launch in history :)

• edited December 2022

Actually was asking for 16 levels and Note Repeat, then I found them hidden in the sequencer section. They are ingenious. Best implementation ever!

• @looperboy said:
    16 levels and Note Repeat. Strange these are omitted.

There is a note repeat, if you click the arrow next to the keyboard icon in keyboard mode. It might be a feature in one of the IAPs, I can’t remember.

• -select hold or momentary behavior for individual fx.
    Currently it's all or nothing.

-preference to disable delete mode when tap and hold gesture is initiated.

-select sample for keyboard mode logic.

User:
    Press pad. Listen. Selecting keyboard mode

Koala:
    Which sample you want to play with keyboard ?

User:
    The last pad i just played.

Koala:
    But which pad was it?

User:....

• A basic song mode in koala would be neat. Chaining patterns into a song and playing the song back while being able to use the fx would be cool.

• @manaftermidnight said:
    A basic song mode in koala would be neat. Chaining patterns into a song and playing the song back while being able to use the fx would be cool.

Just want to make sure you know that you can drag sequences onto others to add one to the end of another (or combine them), and use that to build a single long pattern as a “song mode” to add FX/resample/export/etc.

• Thanks! That’s an option. It’s a bit cumbersome if you need to make changes to the “song” though, but it’s definitely useful, at least for simple song structures.

• @mikita said:
    32bit
    Legato - slide - glide

Legato - slide - glide its all i would ask for
    and if it’s not too much to ask unlimited pads or at least 4 more sets of pads, everything else it’s just perfect

A basic song mode in koala would be neat. Chaining patterns into a song and playing the song back while being able to use the fx would be cool.

yes Koala already has that

• edited January 2023

It would be amazing to have 'Global Pitch Change'. After building a song (set), Placing it in any track is the idea... Please... Global Pitch Change... Thanks.

Or maybe I missed it...

Thanks! That’s an option. It’s a bit cumbersome if you need to make changes to the “song” though, but it’s definitely useful, at least for simple song structures.

Agreed that it can be cumbersome. It would be awesome to have a master pattern with partitioned sequences so you could swap things around.

• @elf_audio
    Colour choices for the ui.

• @Shed said:
    @elf_audio
    Colour choices for the ui.

I used to hope for this, but now I like that I never, ever confuse Koala with another app.

• Pingpong loop would be great for making drone sounds from samples.