Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pre Release Video for Birdstepper with Audiobus and iElectribe

The dev tells me that it should be on the store around the 25 March, so fingers crossed. It's a very fine app and runs in the input and FX slots.

Comments

• Hey Doug, another great video. If you scroll down on effects, there's another amazizing effect called Spectre. I know you're limited on time though. Thanks.

• The version I have does not have that effect :-(

• I already have Sequential and Effectrix, which are also step based effect sequencers. But this just looks really cool, and there's a bird, so it's on the to-get list. :)

Any pricing info available yet?

• Doug, if I may ask, why did you choose iElectribe for the video? Sorry to ask, but as someone who buys apps mostly on your advice over the last year, I was just wondering why. I hated the sequencer on iElectribe until I got a volca beats, and wasn't sure if you chose it for this video for the midi implementation. Sorry to bother.

@ChrisG I was emailing the dev of Sequential over the weekend asking about Audiobus support and it seem like the iPad/Audiobus/IAA aren't really on the drawling board. The dev is really cool and friendly guy, but seems like he is sticking to the VST/AU plug ins.

• @protomike It would have definitely been great to have Sequential onboard Audiobus. But at least it works with audio copy/paste, and it does a really solid job with detecting correct BPM etc on loops. Too bad though if he doesn't have any more plans for iOS, the plugins on the website looks really good (and interface-wise like a perfect fit for iPad/touchscreens). Hopefully we'll something more from him down the road.

• @protomike said:

Doug, if I may ask, why did you choose iElectribe for the video? Sorry to ask, but as someone who buys apps mostly on your advice over the last year, I was just wondering why. I hated the sequencer on iElectribe until I got a volca beats, and wasn't sure if you chose it for this video for the midi implementation. Sorry to bother.

I chose it because the dev had already done one with guitar, but other than that there is no other reason other than I thought it would be nice to run a drum machine through it and since I dont have many iElectribe videos I used that..plus I have a hardware Electribe MX which I love dearly but I already have a video of that being effected by Turnado, I did consider running a sequencer through it too, but in the end settled for iElectribe, but it could have been DM1 or whatever

• @ChrisG I had bought the devs Multitude AU/VST, and it is pretty awesome. I was trying to talk him into adding Audiobus as an input or at least IAA, but he doesn't view it as powerful or as engaging as a DAW. I have to say the dev he's a really good guy in so far as giving the profits of Multitude to charities, and for replying to his customers. Trust me I wish he'd look into adding Auria integration and IAA/Audiobus, but Sequential seems like a trial for him.

• @Doug I had been thinking about getting a use ER-1 since a MX was out of my price range. I must have missed the Turnado video featuring the MX. Thank you for replying.

• @protomike said:

@Doug I had been thinking about getting a use ER-1 since a MX was out of my price range. I must have missed the Turnado video featuring the MX. Thank you for replying.

Heres the link, I posted it last may, so it's an iPad2, the ER-1 is a classic you should pick it up if you can

• ...and now of course we need plenty of effect apps to fill those infinite fx slots in AB2!

• edited March 2014

To me it actually looks better than effectrix with these gently weepable curves. Cheers Doug for the video. Hope you're enjoying the early uk summer we're having lol

• @supadom said:

To me it actually looks better than effectrix with these gently weepable curves. Cheers Doug for the video. Hope you're enjoying the early uk summer we're having lol

Yea that's what caught my eye too. I wouldn't put it in the same league as the mighty Effectrix, which does offer up so much more (and the smooth automation curves). I see this more as a complement/expansion to Effectrix effects arsenal, where this one will offer up it's own sound characteristics and different workflow, just like the excellent Sequential sharts out sound effects that are very different from anything in Effectrix. Aaaaaand blah blah blah blah bla diliblappblapp!

• Btw, any set release date yet?

• @supadom said:

Here in Cornwall its been OK, but everytime it rains we all panic..

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@supadom said:

Here in Cornwall its been OK, but everytime it rains we all panic..

I can imagine. Oxford's got flooded too, fortunately not my yard. Still, we deserve a mega summer!

Edit: whether that actually happens is another story.