Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This is the hardest article I've ever written on iOS (Goes live on May 30th at 5PM EST) (MARKETING)

Hey everyone,

Hope all is well. My name is #SEONN and I'm an iOS Producer. I've been making a few articles over the past few weeks that I hope added some value and I can't wait to share the next one. This one covers in great detail MIDI controllers specific for iOS and iPad OS producers.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/37439880

This article took about 3 days to write and complete but it's well worth and addresses a ton of questions that iOS Producers have. I've posted the article on my Patreon (which is free to join, until the new month begins) for preview, but it will also be posted live FOR FREE on May 30th at 5pm EST. I'lll make a new thread promoting the article once it's live but this is more of a teaser.

As with all posts, I use Patreon because I'm able to keep a lot of my posts in one place, and it's easy to edit. The goal is to be able to keep articles I've posted current and up-to-date. Once released, these articles are free to access, and will remain that way.

Bookmark this thread, leave a comment, share the thread because it's going to be worth the read, either now, or on May 30th.

Hope you have a great week. Stay safe, everyone.

#SEONN

Comments

• We’re all iOS Producers..have been for years

• Jesus

• @barabajagal said:
    We’re all iOS Producers..have been for years

I dunno. I've seen a lot of people being tempted to the Mac OS side lately with the new Logic update. I think it's time we show them why iOS needs to be on their minds.

• edited May 2020

@noob said:
    Jesus

I’ll say! Is that even allowed on here? I mean I know times are tough but ...

• Sorry, but it's like posting your mood on fb.
    The title itself - best controller > biased - is a hard pass.

• @Samflash3
    Respect the hustle, and I have nothing but love for anyone trying to make a living with words.
    But I'd be lying if I didn't say a small part of me was here for the ratio....

• Nice one. Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the heads up.

• @Samflash3

1. I try to make a point to not get between anyone and their money.

2. I sincerely have enjoyed some of your contributions here.

3. Based on your inquiries, I believe you may be a little too new to iOS production to serve as an authority on the subject (even though it’s clear you are trying to do your research and getting up to speed quickly).

4. I’m in the same boat, so I mean no disrespect.

5. It seems to me you may be straddling a line between being helpful to the community and making money for your efforts, which I respect, but you’re starting to come across a bit spammy and I’m tempted to block your posts as a result.

If I was serving as your marketing consultant, I would first recommend generating a significant body of work, including articles, videos, etc, that can demonstrate that you are somebody to be trusted FIRST before you even turn an eye to monetization via Patreon.

My 2 pennies...

• @Samflash3 said:
    I'lll make a new thread promoting the article once it's live but this is more of a teaser.

Great to hear, definitely start two threads every time you post something somewhere else.

• Yeah man, this is kind of annoying to he honest, it feels far too much like being marketed to.

• yeah, I thought you already said goodbye! now you're back to tell us we can pay you to read your posts on another site? cool B)

• Yeah my heart literally sank when I saw this title, and was not one bit surprised to see the critical posts in here about it.

• Oof @Samflash3, we all make mistakes here (I sure have),so no harm no foul, but best to rethink what you are doing, IMO

• He's just trying to turn his effort into something that pays dividends. Kind of like a developer... eventually he'll realize forums are cesspools of opinionated people that really aren't open to sales and marketing approaches without reacting negatively. Like most developers he'll just drift away and seek neutral venues for messaging.

Anyway I find your communication skills admirable... both musical and as an influencer. Keep at it and don't let anyone deter you from your vision. It trivial to see who posted a thread and plan accordingly.
    But there's a lesson here... business is not for the timid. Paying dues, ya-da, ya-da.

I find your approach a bit odd given the venue but I admire the effort to practice marketing and see what works.

It's just a bit like a multilevel marketing neophyte using the neighborhood bar to sell "sign up" kits. Sales is a numbers game and you need to learn to deal with rejection and practice your pitch.

• edited May 2020

@eyesunderground said it much more kindly than I could have.

your scheme is a bit too transparent, friend. It feels like you are selling hype with little actual content. more music, less marketing please. Sometimes I come across tutorials on youtube made by a kid who literally just learned how to do the thing they are now trying to teach and it can be cute and kinda cringy at the same time. this feels like that except that you are an adult and you are trying to get paid for it.

"Hardest article I've ever written"
    really..? so you struggled with it, so therefore it must have value, right? hmmmm... and announcing a drop date on a glorified blogpost as though it's some long awaited album or something.. yeesh :#

you are trying to charge for your content, in a very niche field of "ios producers". This forum is a wealth of information and it is free to the public. You loudly announced your departure from the forum and so quickly return to sell us exclusive content? can't be surprised when that doesn't go well.

• rcfrcf
    edited May 2020

I don't understand what is meant by "MIDI controllers specific for iOS and iPad OS producers"?

There are not too many controllers built specifically for iOS; your statement seems to suggest that you've excluded a heck of a lot of midi controllers that could be eminently suitable for iOS? Did you include midi foot controllers in your article; have you had any experience with the Audiofront Midi Expression pedal controllers? I have.

• @palms and in Addition to that: I Never heard/read the obligatory „use the search feature, stupid“ here around. All guys and gals are so happy to share their expertise and insights so freely and help with a big grin on their keyboards ;)
    Even if it’s the 100th times „which granular synth are there on iOS or what not...“

• @musikeer said:

😂😂😂

• @david_2017
    As a newbie in this forum I totally agree with you. The amount of helpfulness and wealth of information one is bombarded with when asking a question is quite astonishing!
    I still think what the OP is trying here isn't really a bad thing as such. The amount of information on the patreon would definitely have to increase though before I can see anyone paying for it.

• edited May 2020

I’m Just trying to figure out why so many people are jumping this guy’s shit. Nothing better to do than pile on...wtf? Seriously. That’s your contribution to the forum.

• @Littlewoodg... cabin fever. Check my next thread. We are all driven to distraction. I don’t fault the forum posters, tho. I remember the licking I got when I suggested folks stop using “your” when “you’re” is correct. Everyone has taken a bit of hazing if they have a big mouth. Btw, what happened with your wife’s book? And the movie😉👍😘?

• @Jonny8 said:
    I still think what the OP is trying here isn't really a bad thing as such. The amount of information on the patreon would definitely have to increase though before I can see anyone paying for it.

It's not a bad thing at all and I wish him well with it. But it is a little impolite to heavy sell on here, especially after all the 'I'm leaving' drama... and it's maybe a touch arrogant too.

• @Samflash3 You seem like a nice guy. I watched a few of your vids and you came across well.

Sometimes a good teacher can be just one chapter ahead of their students as the enthusiasm and mindset as a fellow learner can help answer questions those longer in the tooth may forget are important.

But that may not suit everyone and you’ll need to find your core audience and suitable platform.

Best of luck.

• I have nothing against the effort - trying to learn, and pass some knowledge... the style does annoy me - a lot - but it's easy enough to ignore.
    But going by the content available - some of it factually wrong and most of it is bs or useless sound bites - and the fact that there will be few who will fall for this if he's persistent enough... it's just not cool and will result in mixing/mastering etc. geniuses like the one the other day (even if that was a joke... but what if it wasn't?)

• It isn't enough for your heart to break because everybody's heart is broken now. (Allen Ginsberg)

• Oh come on...

• @McD said:
    He's just trying to turn his effort into something that pays dividends. Kind of like a developer... eventually he'll realize forums are cesspools of opinionated people that really aren't open to sales and marketing approaches without reacting negatively. Like most developers he'll just drift away and seek neutral venues for messaging.

Anyway I find your communication skills admirable... both musical and as an influencer. Keep at it and don't let anyone deter you from your vision. It trivial to see who posted a thread and plan accordingly.
    But there's a lesson here... business is not for the timid. Paying dues, ya-da, ya-da.

I find your approach a bit odd given the venue but I admire the effort to practice marketing and see what works.

It's just a bit like a multilevel marketing neophyte using the neighborhood bar to sell "sign up" kits. Sales is a numbers game and you need to learn to deal with rejection and practice your pitch.

+1

• edited May 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @Littlewoodg... cabin fever. Check my next thread. We are all driven to distraction. I don’t fault the forum posters, tho. I remember the licking I got when I suggested folks stop using “your” when “you’re” is correct. Everyone has taken a bit of hazing if they have a big mouth. Btw, what happened with your wife’s book? And the movie😉👍😘?

I get it, us people are losing their s##t cause of the ‘rona...but yuck man
    And thanks for asking, looking for investors if you’re (had to fix that from the autocorrect “your”) down, as the young people say. B)

• Wow,
    I am new to the forum and don't have any knowledge of what may or may not have happened here before , but some of these posts I am readng are really horrible. If you don't like what he is "peddling" don't join his Patreon simple as that. While I dont subscribe to any patreon subs, I do not see anything wrong with trying to create something , isnt that what this whole thing this about .... our expression, whether it be through music, words, images etc ?
    I am not going to knock anyone if he or she thinks that others may find value in their offerings. and he is posting it for free on
    May 30th at 5pm EST.

Good luck @Samflash3 all the best !!!!

This discussion has been closed.