Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

David Lynch Theater

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• So cool. Thanks for the share!

• edited May 2020

I’m surprised there are not more comments about this. Don’t we have any more David Lynch Fans here? He created so many great movies and shows: Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, The Elephant Man... I always liked the music in Twin Peaks. Really draws you in and keeps you in suspense. Same with this short, Fire.

• edited May 2020
  • Well in Twin Peaks season 3 there was that 5 minute shot of someone sweeping the floor in a bar at the end of one of the episodes.

• edited May 2020
  • I agree it was weird but I liked it too. If you’re interested there are tons of websites etc out there which still speculate about what all of it meant with some very fascinating theories. I still don’t necessarily understand it any better but the theories add some depth to what at first seems like weirdness for its own sake.

• edited May 2020
  • If it doesn't have David Bowie as a tea kettle in it then it's a hard pass. No, seriously, thanks for uploading :smile:

• There's actually a short by Lynch on Netflix. What did Jack do?

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

His images just move in and won't leave. I visualize these creatures now then I think of David Lynch.
    I'd like to re-mix the visual over some Stravinski ballet music because the movements could use
    more rhythmic drive. A lot of synth tracks might also help me loose myself in the visual feast.
    The music chosen serves well but still... Those creatures lined up like a chorus line I just want some
    "Rite of Spring" marching shit. Might be hard to match the BPM's but still.

We should have a little thread where people make music for this video content.

If you have Tube AU running in AUM and hit play can you make a Jam and then ask others to view your track with some YouTube content along side?

• Lynch has always left things open ended for audiences to speculate about. He never wanted Laura Palmer’s murder to ever be solved but the network forced him to. There are many connections to make between all three seasons and the “Fire Walk with Me” movie which the theories try to tie together. None of it fits together into a linear story line but I’m less confused now than I was.

• edited May 2020

Love David Lynch, though the first (double) episode of the last series of Twin Peaks put me off wanting to watch the rest of the series. Just too weird. Lost Highway was always one of my faves, probably at least partly because it was the first Lynch movie I saw in the cinema - which is definitely where they should be seen, and heard, with all the great music he uses.

And his least wacky one - The Straight Story - was excellent too. I like him most when he stays on the eerie side of reality rather than venturing into full-blown surreal mode. The first half of Mulholland Drive was, to my mind, far better than the second for this very reason.

• edited May 2020
  • Straight Story is a good movie but - for me - his most uninteresting one. One thing I really love is Rabbits. Unfortunately I never got the DVD and only watched it on youtube.
    The second half of Mulholland Dr. is actually very good I think. He just crammed all the ideas he had for the Mulholland series into that last half hour. I sometimes fatasize what that would have been like if a whole season had been made...

• edited May 2020
  • Did u see the documentary about his advocacy for TM? That was pretty interesting..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This vid was a critical look at the tm movement, not promoting it, btw.

• @Jonny8 said:
    There's actually a short by Lynch on Netflix. What did Jack do?

Not for everyone to be sure but that monkey’s voice!
    Haven’t watched in a while but wasn’t he in love with a chicken?

• @Max23 said:
    I think straight story is the only one I haven’t seen.
    I like the full blown surreal dream state , I think that’s when he is at his best. That’s why I havent seen straight story yet.

Straight Story is not what you watch David Lynch films for but please don’t let that detour you. It’s a very good movie.

• Straight is my third favorite Lynch after Elephant Man and Mulholland Drive. I've only seen it once I should watch it again. I remember it being so pastoral and wholesome.

• I've got good news! That gum you like is going to / come back / in style!

• Yeah haha. It’s soooo not what you expect from David Lynch.

@raindro said:
    Straight is my third favorite Lynch after Elephant Man and Mulholland Drive. I've only seen it once I should watch it again. I remember it being so pastoral and wholesome.

• edited May 2020

Have you heard his album Crazy Clown Time? It’s aces. Moody vibes of the American west.

• edited May 2020

don't forget DUNE .. which he also directed.

The last [recent] season of Twin Peaks was really, really great once you got past the first few episodes, which don't have much to do with the rest of the series. He did a cool thing tying up the storyline ..while keeping it arbitrary. Solid Lynch goodness.

• Things I find more entertaining than that video. Watching my cat look at birds. Helping my children with their homework. Being stuffed around by an ebay seller, cleaning out the sewage pipes so that the en-suite toilet flushes again, removing prickles from my tires when I've accidentally ridden through a massive patch of khaki weed, the process of getting an Apple App store refund, the first Helloooooooo of every Sound Test Room video, being called from the other side of the house while I am in the middle of creating my latest masterpiece because only I possess the skills to solve the unique problem, stopping my recording process, arriving at the location of the emergency only to be told it's ok, we sorted it out. Shaking my head and saying out loud what the hell is this crap suppose to be about while watching the video at the start of this thread.