Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Overloud th-u for ios is there.

Comments

• I have the real Mesa Boogie amp, but I don't like Nembrini's Cali reverb. But MHR 810 sounds very good and it's definetly one of the best ampsim on iOS and desktop.

• @McD said:

@BigDawgsByte said:
    What app do you mean by "gen labs" I can't seem to find an amp sim related to a search on that term? I am open to trying anything. that runs or is controllable from my iPad.

It's called "GELabs - Infinite Tone Lab". It's free for 171 high-quality effects:
    43 preamp models, (These are obvious famous Amp models)
    43 cabinet simulators (Obvious vendors)
    11 power amp simulators (Differentiated by Tube types)
    74 stompboxes (Obvious target devices)

but you must pay to save your own Preset Rigs:
    2 Preset Save Slots $2.99
    5 Preset Save Slots $9.99
    11. Preset Save Slots $24.99
    Unlimited Preset Save Slots $49.99

I went for the 2 slot option to really work through it. It takes less than a minute to try an alternative
    rig so that's good for me. As my tastes change I can always do A/B comparisons with ease.

They make hardware products so they aren't trying to get rick off their software... just pull more players into their approach. It's IAA so you can use it in DAW's. It's from a Chinese company that is targeting Ho-tone and the other hardware Amp Sim vendors.

@flo26 has a video demo that is teaching me how to dial in some lovely levels of Gain for clean blues and fusion tones with a lot of character.

I love the Overloud TH-U Fender sounds but I can't record in my DAWs. I expect them to stay the course and compete. The $18 Funk and R&B is all I need. I'll have to check out @flo26's video as well

Thanks! Downloaded and trying it, still too early for a solid opinion. Seems the $2.99 is now just a one slot option. SMH Was going to pay for the 2-Slot option as soon as I downloaded it, but...

I use TH-U on my Mac with Logic so having it on my iPad lets me take my presets with me wherever I go. I really want just one app and constant sound on all my devices. THU tones seem more consistent to me (not the greatest of ears here) than any other OS X/iOS combo apps I've tried.

I could record on my iPad by looping the sound back through my iConnectAudio4+ but its not worth the effort yet, hoping we get AU support in 3-4 months, until then sticking with THM/FabFilter in Auria.

• @BigDawgsByte said:
    Seems the $2.99 is now just a one slot option.

There could be an "english as a second language issue". They label the IAP's as
    "1 Slot + 1"
    "4 Slots + 1"

Which I think is really a 2 or 5 slot decision. Anyway they give you a ton or presets and in their cloud they give you many complete "samples" which you can call up and boom
    you have another complete rig ready to play. I could see getting frustrated at some point and wanting to buy more slots but even with 1 slot or no slots you can build a stomp or
    2 into a pre-amp (really the amp tone) into a power amp stage and into some speakers with mics and finish with some reverb, delay or additional FX choices.

Compared to the $20-50's to get all these components to test drive it's a great intro to their
    software.

@BigDawgsByte said:
    I use TH-U on my Mac with Logic so having it on my iPad lets me take my presets with me wherever I go. I really want just one app and constant sound on all my devices. THU tones seem more consistent to me (not the greatest of ears here) than any other OS X/iOS combo apps I've tried.

I like it a lot too but they hold a lot back and I could spend another $20-40 easy. If they get their IAA or AUv3 feature out I could see doing that.

I could record on my iPad by looping the sound back through my iConnectAudio4+ but its not worth the effort yet, hoping we get AU support in 3-4 months, until then sticking with THM/FabFilter in Auria.

Never could get comfortable with Auria but I'm a "build a config and hit record type"
    with no patience to craft a good studio quality mix based on a dozen recordings.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

@McD said:
    The 8180 Monster Tube (EVH 5150) just dropped on the iTunes Store. I'll need to hear some demos to see where it might fit but getting clean demos when an amp is targeted for more metal tones is tricky. I really have more apps that I need so I'll probably pass unless it's discounted drastically.

I played all the audio demos on their web site and concluded this one isn't for me. There are only, I think, two demos that aren't all heavy gain. The clean ones didn't sound that great to me, at least in comparison to the Cali clean and mild crunch tones. I don't need more high-gain stuff. The Cali + a distortion or two in front is all I can imagine needing.

Anyway before I got off-track, what I meant to point out is there are several audio demos on their web site.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

Edited and content moved to the proper thread

• @McD

Why didn't you post that video to the 8180 thread???

With all the price bashing I and others have done, it would only be fair! 🙏🏼

• Hi, I’m Thomas from Overloud and I just wanted to thank you for this discussion and let you know that we are reading and taking into account every single post.

Many of the issues reported in this conversation have been fixed in the 1.0.3 version (released a few days ago): a 1.0.4 version is now in review by Apple and should be released soon, so I suggest to update the app if you haven’t done it yet.
    If you are still having problems after the upgrade, I kindly ask to report the issue to our tech support: this will help us to track the bug and quickly release an update that fixes it.

The AUv3 is already in development and will be released in the upcoming weeks.
    We know how important it is, however there was a lot of demand for TH-U iOS for practicing and live playing, so we decided to release it early without waiting for the AUv3 implementation.

If you want to unlock the Free pack, you should:
    1) Login with your Overloud credentials
    2) Go to the Store and get the free pack that has appeared after logging in.

• @overloud said:
    Hi, I’m Thomas from Overloud and I just wanted to thank you for this discussion and let you know that we are reading and taking into account every single post.

Many of the issues reported in this conversation have been fixed in the 1.0.3 version (released a few days ago): a 1.0.4 version is now in review by Apple and should be released soon, so I suggest to update the app if you haven’t done it yet.
    If you are still having problems after the upgrade, I kindly ask to report the issue to our tech support: this will help us to track the bug and quickly release an update that fixes it.

We know how important it is, however there was a lot of demand for TH-U iOS for practicing and live playing, so we decided to release it early without waiting for the AUv3 implementation.

HI Thomas,

Thanks for this update, really good to know that AUv3 is so close, great news :)

I have a couple of feature requests for your consideration :

Allow panning of the separate cab mics (to allow the different mics to be surfaced in a DAW separately if used for recording).
    Allow interaction with the amp/pedal knobs etc , sliders on the side are cool but being able to do both or choose a preference would be perfect :)

Also I see no buffer settings , just curious as to why there's non present , does it always use the lowest , latency seems good but knowing what buffer size is being used can be reassuring.

Loving the app so far, thank you to you and the team !

Stu

• That's good news about the AU3, and a good response in general. Thanks!

• Allow interaction with the amp/pedal knobs etc , sliders on the side are cool but being able to do both or choose a preference would be perfect :)

+1000

• @SNystrom said:
    @McD

Why didn't you post that video to the 8180 thread???

I fixed it. Thanks. I got the thread context wrong and mixed up 2 products.

• 👍🏻 It's pretty impressive!

• edited June 2020

@McD said:

@BigDawgsByte said:
    Seems the $2.99 is now just a one slot option.

There could be an "english as a second language issue". They label the IAP's as
    "1 Slot + 1"
    "4 Slots + 1"

Which I think is really a 2 or 5 slot decision. Anyway they give you a ton or presets and in their cloud they give you many complete "samples" which you can call up and boom
    you have another complete rig ready to play. I could see getting frustrated at some point and wanting to buy more slots but even with 1 slot or no slots you can build a stomp or
    2 into a pre-amp (really the amp tone) into a power amp stage and into some speakers with mics and finish with some reverb, delay or additional FX choices.

Ah, I get it now, Thanks! Went ahead and paid for the $9.99, 4+1, deal after thinking a bit. Should be more than $10 worth of entertainment in any case. :smiley: I've found that usually I like different tones from different amp sims for different things so I like to have all the amp sims available. :smiley:

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

@BigDawgsByte said:
    Ah, I get it now, Thanks! Went ahead and paid for the $9.99, 4+1, deal after thinking a bit.

There's no guarantee that they won't suddenly decide to charge for the app at some point so getting it early is wise if you like guitar simulators. They could also re-design the In App options beyond the # of slots and start selling individual items like their competitors but maybe only new items.

• @stumax said:
    Allow panning of the separate cab mics (to allow the different mics to be surfaced in a DAW separately if used for recording).
    Allow interaction with the amp/pedal knobs etc , sliders on the side are cool but being able to do both or choose a preference would be perfect :)

Also I see no buffer settings , just curious as to why there's non present , does it always use the lowest , latency seems good but knowing what buffer size is being used can be reassuring.

Hi Stu,
    thank you for your comments!
    We have a cabinet improvement on the roadmap for both TH-U Desktop and iOS, which will include panning of the microphones.
    The audio buffer is automatically selected as the smallest safe buffer size allowed by iOS for that particular device / audio interface combination. In our tests this value is almost always 128 samples.

Thomas

• Great thank you! I’m surprised that it’s 128 it seems lower.

After a few more days playing a couple more improvements I thought of , mostly around pedal control maybe on the roadmap already but anyway thought I’d mention !

Zoom level resets when changing patches which means you can no longer see the pedals as it zooms in to show amp only. Either keeping the zoom as is or having a separate pedal view would be good.

It doesn’t seem possible to map a pedal to a patch, I’d like to be able to switch between specific rig profiles with one tap, currently can only do + and -

It’s only possible to control 1 of each type of pedal via midi, would be better to have a whole bank of pedal controller assigns available then fill each slot with any type of pedal then control on and off by slot number.

Thanks!

sTu

• THU 1.0.6 is out

I bought the Suhr rig and it’s awesome.
    Can’t wait to get the AUv3 version.

• @wim said:

@McD said:
    The 8180 Monster Tube (EVH 5150) just dropped on the iTunes Store. I'll need to hear some demos to see where it might fit but getting clean demos when an amp is targeted for more metal tones is tricky. I really have more apps that I need so I'll probably pass unless it's discounted drastically.

I played all the audio demos on their web site and concluded this one isn't for me. There are only, I think, two demos that aren't all heavy gain. The clean ones didn't sound that great to me, at least in comparison to the Cali clean and mild crunch tones. I don't need more high-gain stuff. The Cali + a distortion or two in front is all I can imagine needing.

Anyway before I got off-track, what I meant to point out is there are several audio demos on their web site.

Hmmm, disappointing to hear about the clean sounds, but that’s the market I guess. I would really like something that doesn’t get high gain at all - something that goes from clean to kind of distorted and that’s it. Something that goes from 0 to 70, not a race car. Strangely, despite the many negative comments about Stark, I am finding it pretty close to what I want - the controls are unconventional, but workable. I can actually hear my guitar tone with tweaking.

• edited June 2020

I'm hearing some clean tones in another thread.

My wishlist is:
    1. AUv3 plugin
    2. AUv3 host - I'd like the standalone to host AUv3. This would really set it apart.
    3. Auto-mute if headphones not connected. At least the mute button is clearly visible, unlike GE Labs

• edited June 2020

@steve99 said:
    How hard is it for people to actually test their apps before release though? Surely that's what willing work experience people would excel at (or maybe children if they're lockdown compromised)? If they take no pride in the product they put out then it stinks of contempt for the user. I don't want to be a guinea pig, I want to make music with quality software (except when I volunteer to be a guinea pig that is).

according to this logic there is no one who has more contempt for his customers than Apple (leave Microsoft alone because it would be like shooting a dead man...)

• @mojozart said:

My wishlist is:
    1. AUv3 plugin
    2. AUv3 host - I'd like the standalone to host AUv3. This would really set it apart.
    3. Auto-mute if headphones not connected. At least the mute button is clearly visible, unlike GE Labs

1. The AUv3 plugin version is already in beta testing stadium. Please see my comment here:
      https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/39695/overloud-thu-demo-o-sole-mio#latest
    2. Never thought about this before. Very interesting!
    3. I guess you mean auto-mute if guitar is not connected. +1
  • @ALB said:
    Hmmm, disappointing to hear about the clean sounds, but that’s the market I guess. I would really like something that doesn’t get high gain at all - something that goes from clean to kind of distorted and that’s it. Something that goes from 0 to 70, not a race car. Strangely, despite the many negative comments about Stark, I am finding it pretty close to what I want - the controls are unconventional, but workable. I can actually hear my guitar tone with tweaking.

In the desktop version you are able to change tube types of the preamp and power amp sections and control the level of the variac. There is an interesting video about the tonal possibilities of this feature here

https://youtu.be/Q06JNgSHNfM

So, maybe they will also include this feature in the mobile version at a later time?!?

• @TheMojoMan said:

In the desktop version you are able to change tube types of the preamp and power amp sections and control the level of the variac. There is an interesting video about the tonal possibilities of this feature here
    So, maybe they will also include this feature in the mobile version at a later time?!?

This feature has already included in the current version.

• @TheMojoMan said:

@mojozart said:

My wishlist is:
    1. AUv3 plugin

1. The AUv3 plugin version is already in beta testing stadium. Please see my comment here:
      https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/39695/overloud-thu-demo-o-sole-mio#latest
    2. Never thought about this before. Very interesting!
    3. I guess you mean auto-mute if guitar is not connected. +1

Concerning the auto-mute, it was the cause of a bug in the first release of THU, they adopted this momentary workaround as they are working hard for an AUv3 update which, as @TheMojoMan said, is on the way.

• @Kranick said:

@TheMojoMan said:

This feature has already included in the current version.

Thanks to you both - this is good.

• @stumax said:

@overloud said:
    Hi, I’m Thomas from Overloud and I just wanted to thank you for this discussion and let you know that we are reading and taking into account every single post.

HI Thomas,

Thanks for this update, really good to know that AUv3 is so close, great news :)

I have a couple of feature requests for your consideration :

Loving the app so far, thank you to you and the team !

Stu

+1

• @overloud said:

Hi Thomas. First of all, thank you for allowing your users the opportunity to provide feedback on your products. I have been trying out your app over the past few days, and I have to say that the UI really needs to be improved. As it stands, it is too difficult to access the user presets stored for the app, and in all honesty, the side panel should only be there for deep editing. Normal adjustment of the controls should be directly accessible on the amps and FX, otherwise, it just means interrupting the workflow.
    The included rig setups would be far more usable if you could directly tweak the settings from the front panel, rather than forcing the user to adapt to using the side menu via sliders.

What might be better is to have all options on the rig front panel accessible to physical tweaking via the knobs, then just have the few additional deep editing options in slider format available via a slide in and out side panel. I am thinking Definition/Power Sag/Compression/Clarity/Tube Shape/Tube Bias only in the slide out panel, making it easier to see all options on a single screen, and the rest available directly on the front panel of the amp rig itself.
    I must also add that I personally find the pricing model too high. There is no way I can afford to purchase the full version in order to have access to everything the app has to offer. But there is also no way to audition what is on offer before buying, and that is a real deterrent for me, since there are many models I have purchased in other similar apps which have not ended up being all that I hoped for, so they don't get used. That has become more than a little tiring.

I also found it really frustrating not to be able to easily see everything in my signal chain. I realize that you can switch between different page sizes using the magnifying glass icon, but it doesn't work well for that purpose.

A further observation: I really like to be able to change the position of items in my signal chain by simply dragging them to a different position, and being able to simultaneously audition and compare the result. Your workaround is cumbersome, to say the least, and since it takes so long, makes any difference in tone difficult to hear.

There also needs to be some sort of live virtual pedalboard, in order to allow assigning different presets to one level, and switching individual FX (or several at once) on or off. In my opinion, Mooer's GE Labs version is the only one which gets this right, since it allows immediate access to 5 patches and 5 FX in each bank.
    This is a necessity regardless of whether the app is being used live or in the bedroom, because one still needs access to these functions without having to change pages within the app or access menus, both of which make it impossible to achieve spontaneity. We need to be able to access our rigs before the inspiration leaves, and sadly that cannot be said of your product at the present time.

In terms of tone, I am sorry to say that out of the box I found it rather thin, compared with Nembrini, but as I already noted, the complexity of the UI and learning curve in being forced to adapt to work in that way makes it far more difficult to make small tweaks on the fly, so in all fairness, I would have to say that I believe that I may be far from reaching the potential of the app in terms of obtaining the best possible tone from the models. But then again, as it stands I simply cannot warrant spending that much time on learning how to do so, and I believe that I won't be the only one to feel this way having tried the product.

I like the fact that you thought to include a looper, but its design did not encourage me to actually try it out.

On the plus side, I like the colourful interface and the visual images of the amp models and FX processors.
    I hope you will find my comments and observations helpful, rather than offensive.

• Honestly, sort of glad this doesn't have expected connectivity. I have no need for another amp sim. I have plenty of need to just practice my playing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi guys,

I would like to load Impulse Responses in the Ipad version but seems like it is not currently possible, however, the Overloud team stated there is a workaround which is creating the preset in the Desktop version (with IR loaded on), and then export it to the mobile version so I went for that but no luck. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

Here is the response from Overloud on this regard:

"Hello,

Currently you can only create presets with the cabinet IR on the desktop version and import them in the iOS one, in future we will add the full feature cabinet IR to the iOS version.

Best regards,
    OVERLOUD Support Team"