Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Overloud th-u for ios is there.

Comments

• @Kranick said:
    By the way, if you have desktop version it costs a little bit cheaper

Also all rigs, that were purchased on the desktop version, are available for $0,99.

This is incorrect.

• No AU either, or haven’t i overseen something??

• edited May 2020

@david_2017 said:
    No AU either, or haven’t i overseen something??

No, apparently their market is live players and home practicing. I mentioned that even the hamfisted trick of recording a part with the internal recorder along with a metronome and then exporting to a DAW to jerryrig it on the grid can't be done because there's no linear recorder or export utility. There's a looper but I don't know what the time limits or exporting facilities are if any.

To me if this was a game changer sound wise then I can see trying to use another iOS device (since it's universal) and run the output of that to the input of your interface. But again it's are we talking just a signal from a headphone jack or dongled jack? If there isn't a way to record a digital signal from the interface you are at the mercy of the analog routing...not to mention it's just a pain in the ass.

After posting on the subject early today I went and ran through Bias FX 2 and the Nembrini Marshall & Fender clones just practicing through the monitors and for me at least, I can't imagine needing any other tones. Of course I'm fucking hopeless and will buy the next Yonac guitar app, but aside from that, there's really some cool guitar amp software on iOS nowadays.

My big suggestion is to run the amps through an IR cabinet with the Gospel Musicians Impulse app or the in app Bias FX 2 slot. Putting an excellent amp model through a decent cab IR will give you a decent tone. Putting a decent amp frontend through an excellent cab IR makes a huge difference.

I got turned on to this site:

http://www.soundwoofer.com

and it's crazy the amount of IR's they have. I think you have to upload 2 to the library and then your account can download as many as you want. The Vox & Fender cabs are excellent and there are some Celestions that are really nice too.

It's almost like drum samples, if you take the time to go down the rabbit hole, a Google search of "free guitar cab IR impulse response" will yield more stuff than you could ever go through. Same with convolution reverb IR's. Just takes some time...

• I think perhaps people are missing that this includes Overloud’s Rig Player which is a Kemper style ‘capturing’ of real amps. It’s closer to IRs for the amp itself than anything else on iOS. Kempers are indistinguishable from the real thing (according to YouTube anyway).

I have TH-U for desktop (I’ve also had every model since TH1) and these Rigs are pretty awesome.

Having said that I’m a confirmed S-Gear user and for me nothing else comes close - even Nembrini which I now regret buying for desktop (the BST100). The Jackal has so much more life in it.

I got some AC30 Rigs for TH-U because S-Gear has nothing like a Vox (yet) and they sound good but don’t play like an amp - for me anyway.

I fully get the issue with no connectivity. What were they thinking?

• The clean Blackface of the free version sounds really great. Tried the looper, and it instantly crashes as soon as I click on „count in“. Being unable to record into AUM or put some tempo synced Eventide after it is also a downside.

• I’ve just played a few free rigs from overloud,and i must say it sounds really digital to my ears.
    I wanted to buy a few of them, but after trying,i can say i won’t.It sounds great in their video demos,but i suspect there must be post production.
    Ge labs is light years ahead of overloud for me.
    I,hope someone will buy some of them and prove me wrong.
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    I’ve just played a few free rigs from overloud,and i must say it sounds really digital to my ears.
    I wanted to buy a few of them, but after trying,i can say i won’t.It sounds great in their video demos,but i suspect there must be post production.
    Flo

I'm a THU's user since november. I also have 10 rigs libraries for the rig player. I don't know what you called "digital", but I'm sure that you are wrong. I usually use Amplitube and Bias FX as my main plugins on desktop. I like Amplitube, but to be honest THU sounds more natural than most other guitar apps.

• @Kranick said:

@flo26 said:
    I’ve just played a few free rigs from overloud,and i must say it sounds really digital to my ears.
    Flo

I'm a THU's user since november. I also have 10 rigs libraries for the rig player. I don't know what you called "digital", but I'm sure that you are wrong. I usually use Amplitube and Bias FX as my main plugins on desktop. I like Amplitube, but to be honest THU sounds more natural than most other guitar apps.

Thanks for your answer.
    Could you post audio examples of you playing these librairies?
    It would give me a good idea of what it sounds like in real situation.
    Thanks!
    Flo

• I’d try it, but that treadplate/guitar pick background is too hideous.

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks for your answer.
    Could you post audio examples of you playing these librairies?
    It would give me a good idea of what it sounds like in real situation.
    Thanks!
    Flo

It all depends...

I think you could listen to how it sounds on the website youself. I'm not sure that I will purchase any rig libraries on iOS because I never use them on my mac. THU has a lot of great amps within and frankly you don't need rigs to get great guitar sound. But anyway I could try to record some samples with my guitar on my Mac if it would be helpful.

https://overloud.com/shop?field_type_target_id=7&items_per_page=50

• edited May 2020

I've kinda skimmed this topic but didn't see anything about this. Is TH-U likely to introduce any compatibility with hosts? AUv3 in the future?

I don't know much about the company...demoed the TH-U3 for macOS when it was released last year -- it was ok but didn't grab me especially.

EDIT:
    Wow...just D/Led the demo...plug my interface in and it crashes every time! Winning, Overloud!!!

• I left a comment on their YouTube channel video demo of the iOS app and they responded saying AUv3 was "on their roadmap". Another comment asked something similar and they were told the same. So obviously they are developing for it and know the issues. We'll see what happens...

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

Forgive the clumsy playing but I hope you hear how present this sounds:

Here's hope everything is connected:
    1. Telecaster with an iRig HD into a...
    2. CCK adapter to...
    3. iPhone 5S using headphone out to...
    4. R+L inputs on a Presonus USB Box Audio Interface out USB to
    5. 2nd CCH adapter to...
    6. iPad 2018 running...
    7. AUM.

Hit record. All sounds and FX coming from the Overloud TH-U on the iPad. It's reverbs sound better to me than the iPad FX's.

Now I'll try TH-U on the iPad and send the audio out and loop'ed back through the Presonus and compare. UPDATE - It doesn't work.

• edited May 2020

I switched to Overloud a couple years ago after PG wanted me to buy some Bias version for full price for the third time, just tired of being screwed by them. Have been using it on my Mac and THM in Auria. When I saw this I assumed that they would add AU ASAP as they are primarily a studio tool as I understand it. The OS X version has always supported AUs since I started using it so Its not something new they need to learn. Saw this thread downloaded and bought the full package for $44.95 ($5.00 discount I guess) and all the stuff I have a already bought seemed to transfer over for free.

Personally I am thrilled about this and preparing to rip all the PG (positive Grid) stuff off my iPads/iPhone.

NOTE: I have not purchased any of the three $19.95 packages, Rock, Metal, Funk, nothing there I can't get with the amps/effects already available. I have however, bought a bunch of the expansion libraries, i.e. British Classic, American Classic, Mk5 etc., and these are what transferred over to iOS free of cost. Regular cost of these is $29-$39 each.

• Nice playing, @McD!

The tones and reverb do sound pretty good. Wish I had the interfaces (and patience) to see a project like that through.

Glad to hear there are plans for interconnectivity. When they add it (and it's stable), I'll take another look at it.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

I tested the iPad only set up and couldn't get a path to record. The app seems to have a looper.

Damn. You can't use an audio interface for an app input without it becoming the default output for that app. So, then you're right back to needing to do an A-to-D conversion and record on another device.

Still, using a second IOS device (iPhone 5S for me to use it's headphone out) as a remote sound module to my iPad is a big win and sounds OK for me. Not noisy and still with plenty of guitar touch presence.

• Re: the Rig Player. Anyone getting the 10 Free for Logged Users? I get nothing but locked when logged in.

So far this whole thing is a bit of a stinky deal for people that have supported them for the last 5 to 10 years.

• I didn't get the 10 free rigs either. I bought a $15 Funk/R&B rigs pack expecting it to use the Funk/R&B Collection and I can see that it shows many devices as locked. I can see the benefit of that side bar option to modify a lot of settings.

When they can add an API for DAW integration this will get a lot of support. For anyone practicing through an IOS device the quality of the sounds is really breath taking. I'm loading up my iPhone with
    practice tracks. The new Session Band Soul/Jazz/Funk also sounds great and you can set your progressions, tempo and mix... the $10 IAP for all the content is worth it for anyone that wants to develop band chops. Not sure those folks would hang here but I'm sure there's a few that might appreciate something like Band in a Box on their iPhone/iPad for $10 in the these styles.

• edited May 2020

@Ailerom said:
    Re: the Rig Player. Anyone getting the 10 Free for Logged Users? I get nothing but locked when logged in.

So far this whole thing is a bit of a stinky deal for people that have supported them for the last 5 to 10 years.

All rigs are aviable within rig player itself. There are not any problems about it.

• Thanks, I must be missing something obvious.

• @Kranick said:
    All rigs are aviable within rig player itself. There are not any problems about it.

Thanks. I didn't get that. The Rig pack I bought is the "American Classics". It might be fatigue after hours of playing but they aren't getting it done for me. I'll get some sleep and listen again later.
    I was hoping for some nice warm Fender tones. I should also try another guitar with different pickups
    and that may help them speak to me.

The image of the 10 Free Rigs does not show up for that way for me (and I'm logged in).
    There's a big LOCK symbol on that page. I touch the LOCK and nothing happens.

So, I went to the store to see if there's a package to initiate a download and there are just
    the priced bundles of Rigs. I think there was a package earlier and I touched it for a purchase.

It's broken for new IOS users, I think. Might work for someone that bought some desktop products maybe. Not good for new users to not get their free stuff and only see priced the products.

I want to record and play this app on my iPad. I really appreciate that capability with my other Amp Sims.
    But this one sounds really good which only makes it more frustrating.

• @McD said:

@Kranick said:

Thanks. I didn't get that. The Rig pack I bought is the "American Classics". It might be fatigue after hours of playing but they aren't getting it done for me. I'll get some sleep and listen again later.
    I was hoping for some nice warm Fender tones. I should also try another guitar with different pickups

The image of the 10 Free Rigs does not show up for that way for me (and I'm logged in).

So, I went to the store to see if there's a package to initiate a download and there are just
    the priced bundles of Rigs. I think there was a package earlier and I touched it for a purchase.

It's broken for new IOS users, I think. Might work for someone that bought some desktop products maybe. Not good for new users to not get their free stuff and only see priced the products.

I want to record and play this app on my iPad. I really appreciate that capability with my other Amp Sims.

The free rig player pack is available for sure.
    In the free presets section select hard rock preset.
    The rig player will appear.click on it,it will open the settings on the right.
    Select the rig section,click,on « overloud 2x12 custom,it will open a new panel where you will find « 10 free for logged users » section.
    I’ve checked them,and i really don’t like them😉.
    Maybe it’s because it’s the free ones🤔...
    It really sounds digital to my ears.
    No warmness,weird frequencies etc...
    But hey,that’s just me😉😉.
    I hope it helps.
    Flo

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

NEVER MIND... reload purchases fixed it (this time, I swear I did it before).> @flo26 said:

Strange..

@Kranick said:
    did you take free pack in the store?

Thank you all for the assistance... I was able to get the FREE RIGS. This time "reload purchases" actually gave me the privileges.

I do like the strategy of a free app with some content. One of the $18 Collections seems like a good idea:

Metal
    Rock
    Funk and R&B

I like clean tones so I went Funk/R&B and it hit the spot for me. I don't have any muscle memory for Metal or Modern Rock... I can almost fake some early R n' R with a slap back echo and a palm mute.

• The big minus for me is the ir loader is not available in the ios version.
    I don’t like speaker sims in amp sims apps.
    I hope they will include it in the future,then i might buy some of their packs.

• edited May 2020

@McD said:

@Kranick said:

I am a new user (don’t own desktop version), and the free pack does appear normally in the rig player. You should try to restore your purchases
    And I agree : this sounds really really good, even better than Ge Labs which was my reference before this one

• @McD said:
    This is what I see:

did you take free pack in the store?

• My purchase history showed the TH-U FREE Pack. So, I hit restore all purchases and that fixed it.

• I’ve bought the full pack,tested it intensively for the past two days,and finally asked for a refund.
    The app has an awful lot of UI glitches,some amps don’t even have pots on their front.
    It crashes a lot,and most importantly,the sound to my ears is really not that great.
    I’ve done a comparison with gen labs,and believe me or not,it is just....uncomparable😉.
    For me,it’s much too expensive for what it brings to the table.
    No regrets.
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    I’ve bought the full pack,tested it intensively for the past two days

Great... It's good to see these Desktop "Big Dogs" making IOS products. They will
    keep adding more IOS specific tweaks to their code base and improve these products.

I find the clean (i.e. Fender) tones to be really responsive with exceptionally presence and immediacy and the $18 cost to get there to be a fair value for my needs. Great for practicing and enjoying the sound in my headphones. Just a matter of personal taste as in most things.

The American Classics rig kit for $15 was more of a disappointment but I'll keep tweaking to see if I can
    dial in something I really love.

The GELabs option is also great with the ability to run in IOS DAW's using IAA. Tone Stack also has IAA
    support.

For AUv3 Nembrini is the best option along with Gain Stage Vintage Clean which takes a very focus approach to the concept of Amp Simulation.

You can also hand build some amp simulations with Drambo (duh... Drambo does anything), and combinations of EQ and Saturators.

We have so many option that we didn't have 6 months ago when ReAmp was getting a lot of praise.