Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar experts: I need your help in recreating a few sounds (and a good sound design recommendation)

So, I've got one more day...Again, I'll still be a member of Audiobus but I'll play a lesser role than before. But before I do, I need the help of the best guitarists here to help recreate some "mainstream" guitar sounds. Which means, I need your help because you're the best guitar expert I know.

UPDATE 1: Something is coming...

UPDATE 2: If you see this, you know what's up. Will be making a contest based on this post, but I'm giving you a head start as a thank you for all the help in the community.

I wasn't born in an era of guitar effects, synths, and sound design, so learning about them has been a blast. That said, I haven't found much resources on how to design particular guitar sounds other than experimentation.

I'm all for experimentation, although I wanna see everyone's unique take to sound design and see if there's a common pattern. I could technically use Tonebridge and select a song or similar, but that defeats the purpose of sound design. It's fine to use Tonebridge, though if it'll help make your
sound a lot better (but don't use the same preset as the song).

So here's the challenge.

CHALLENGE
Do your best to mimic these mainstream sounds using iOS plugins and list the plugin chain that accomplished it. Preferably free plugins and AUv3 , but I'm not one to limit creativity, so, make your pick.

Here are the sounds...
1. The lead guitar riff of Rita Ora's "I will never let you down..."
2. Finneas' guitar playing in "i love you" by Billie Eilish
3. The backing tropical riff that comes on Fuse ODG/Ed Sherrean/Mugeez 's Boa me song
4. The somber guitar playing that's at the background of , " Show me Love"
5. And of course, the iconic, " Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses that cuts through your soul as Slash shreds those strings

1. I will never let you down
  2. i love you
  3. Boa Me
  4. Show me love
  5. Sweet Child O' Mine

Bonus points if it's saved as an AUM file/Audiobus 3 preset for others to listen and compare and get inspired.

P.S: No need to quote this comment (it'll include the videos). I made a shortened list at the comment below.

Relevant article: Free sound design apps on iOS - https://www.patreon.com/posts/37506264

Comments

• Here are the sounds...
    1. The lead guitar riff of Rita Ora's "I will never let you down..."
    2. Finneas' guitar playing in "i love you" by Billie Eilish
    3. The backing tropical riff that comes on Fuse ODG/Ed Sherrean/Mugeez 's Boa me song
    4. The somber guitar playing that's at the background of , " Show me Love"
    5. And of course, the iconic, " Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses that cuts through your soul as Slash shreds those strings

• edited May 2020

@Samflash3

For Slash sound:

Start with the neck pickup on your guitar. Humbucker preferable.
    Wah pedal half way down. Adjust to taste. The wah is used as a filter.
    Nembrini 810 amp. Add reverb
    Nembrini delay pedal

You should be 90% there.

• @ecou said:
    @Samflash3

For Slash sound:

Start with the neck pickup on your guitar. Humbucker preferable.
    Wah pedal half way down. Adjust to taste. The wah is used as a filter.
    Nembrini 810 amp. Add reverb
    Nembrini delay pedal

You should be 90% there.

Thanks, ecou. Appreciate the recommendation. This thread will slowly evolve (in a positive way) over the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Stay posted, and stay safe.