Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video, Chord Organ with a bit of KinderKavier, Cubasis and Audiobus, Pure Nostalgia

This was fun

Comments

• Nostalgia maybe - I remember our family having a chord organ like that maybe 50 years ago (I can't be that old, surely!) - but I can't really see me using this on a track these days.

• Is there a way to change the chords or are they fixed?
    I would use it instead of an accordion...

• What you see here is what you get, no way to change chords, and agreed its not fir everyone, but it was fun to make :-)

• Us hard core Chord Organ geeks know that if you mash 2 or more chord buttons at the same time you will get some actually cool sounding Major 7ths and some Augmented/Diminished chords depending on how many of which knobs you mash. I used to mash Bb and F together and think I was pretty smooth. Nowadays to be smooth, I resort to a high fiber diet. :-(

• smgsmg
    edited March 2014

Ahh the ever elusive Brown Note!

Indeed WYSIWYG with the chord buttons, as they are the chords that were sampled from the actual unit. Of course you may mash them together to create whatever laxative effects you may require, as they are multitouch.

I have given this some thought. In the future I may add custom chords as it would enable you to use the chord buttons in any key of any song you may have, although it would require pitch-shifting the sampled buttons to do so since the original unit did not have every chord, and I would probably limit it to major and minor to not complicate things.

Secret hint: the first two octaves on your midi controller actually do play all the major and minor chords. If you have one plugged in, the first octave is major and the second is minor. I've programmed each non-original key to play a pitch shifted version. Enjoy!

Scott McKay Gibson, Owner, SMG Media

• I'm going to buy both of those. I have a song in mind where they'll both fit perfectly.

• Its really good for drones too

• I used to have a Bontempi too. For band practices I miked it up and put it through a Melos tape echo and into an amp. Got a great sound.

• You see Paul you could relive your youth :-)

• edited May 2014

Oh, I intend to...

• ...as soon as I finish it...