Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam/ GarageBand

ThumbJam crashes after about 10sec using it as an IAA , in GB. Have been in touch with the dev. He hasn’t had time to check out the possible bug. I suggested throwing it out to Forum members,-he agreed . Have deleted ThumbJam a couple times ,no luck. Has anyone experienced this problem

Comments

• I got some weird GB restarts after recording and trying to switch back to GB.

One thing seemed to work for me.
    1. Do a soft reboot (power button - home button style)
    2. Launch Audiobus
    3. Load TJ in AB input. Launch from within AB, not in standalone mode.
    4. Load GB in AB output. Launch from within AB, not in standalone mode. Also, make sure GB is fully open before you try to record. It seemed ready in AB, but was still loading my project when I switched to GB to make sure it launched ok.

I was able to record TJ into GB, and GB didn’t crash.

• @Greenie said:
    ThumbJam crashes after about 10sec using it as an IAA , in GB. Have been in touch with the dev. He hasn’t had time to check out the possible bug. I suggested throwing it out to Forum members,-he agreed . Have deleted ThumbJam a couple times ,no luck. Has anyone experienced this problem

Just to be clear, I have tried to check out the issue, but I was not able to reproduce it here. Could you post your hardware and iOS version numbers, as well as the detailed steps, which exact IAA instance you were loading (main, instrument, loop, individual slot, etc). I know you’ve told me some of that already, but it could help anyone else here to recognize a similar issue they might have had.

• Thanks CracklePot ,ThumbJam is fine in Audiobus, I’m using ThumbJam as an IAA and unfortunately it crashes ,the dev.has been most helpful. Using -IPad Air2. . Oh Well. Greenie