Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What happened to Korg Gadget?

Comments

• @jolico said:

@colonel_mustard said:

@rs2000 said:

:D Nice!
    These are not the Gadget developers though :#

When you're boxed in Gadget, they've got you, and they know that.

This 100%

People cling to things that cost them more money.

Subscriptions are like rent.
    Delete and try the next one, but extremely expensive in-app-purchases on top of the high initial price is an investment.

If only we could resell apps and in-app-purchases :smiley:

Sometimes, when the chips are down, it's ok to leave the table (and go play the slots).

• edited May 2020

@colonel_mustard said:

@Samflash3 said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Not sure I follow. I'm saying that they have their model, it's very successful (for now) and the people who call the shots at Korg are corporate businessmen.

Oh I agree. I used an attention grabber statement on the first sentence. If I removed that section, the entire thread would support your point.

But since we live in the world of click baits, I am testing out my click baiting skills to start a conversation. You also followed a similar pattern with words like "cash cow", corporate", and "milk". I just put my attention grabber at the beginning of my statement.

(To summarise all I said, - I agree with everything you said)

Honestly, I just wanted to share Steve Albini's recipe blog. The rest was an effort to keep things on thread ;)

I salute a fellow click baiter 👏👏👍
    I'll check out the Recipe blog to show my sign of acknowledgement.

• This thread reminds me of the many unfinished tracks I have in Gadget.

• @kinkujin said:
    This thread reminds me of the many unfinished tracks I have in Gadget.

Do we need another lockdown? 😁

• edited May 2020

@rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

Yes. Gadget lockdown! That requires discipline. So many apps ...

If I could suss out how to get my mixes sounding not "gadget-ey" I'd probably stay in there more. That is what needs work in my opinion. I'd take a more robust mixer over au gadgets any day. I'm happy stuck in a box - either at home or in Gadget or both. (I'm working through lockdown though.)

• @kinkujin said:

@rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

If I could suss out how to get my mixes sounding not "gadget-ey" I'd probably stay in there more. That is what needs work in my opinion. I'd take a more robust mixer over au gadgets any day. I'm happy stuck in a box - either at home or in Gadget or both. (I'm working through lockdown though.)

Using custom loops in Stockholm and user samples in bilbao has helped me a lot to get away from the "Gadget sound".
    Tweaking and automating its synths and track FX extensively can also do wonders.

• @rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

@rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

Using custom loops in Stockholm and user samples in bilbao has helped me a lot to get away from the "Gadget sound".
    Tweaking and automating its synths and track FX extensively can also do wonders.

Hmmm, I'm sure you're correct - I do tend to blame the app(s) for my lack of skill. I am impatient at heart. Thanks for that I'll dig in some more.

• @kinkujin said:

@rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

I totally agree about the mixer, it would be nice to have a visual eq of sorts also. I like the workflow in Gadget, I’ve read others don’t like the sequencer, but it just works for me, and the best part, I don’t have crashes like some other daws, definitely hoping they bring the triton over, that would be sweet.

• Apart from contravening various laws of thermodynamics and having a faulty memory (both much like myself) Gadget is a brilliant little universe where songs can be written easily and often. No way it's been abandoned. Crazy talk.

• @biggtiny said:

@kinkujin said:

@rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

I totally agree about the mixer, it would be nice to have a visual eq of sorts also. I like the workflow in Gadget, I’ve read others don’t like the sequencer, but it just works for me, and the best part, I don’t have crashes like some other daws, definitely hoping they bring the triton over, that would be sweet.

I like the sequencer too. I'm never thinking while in it - I wish it could do this or that. I'm just doing crap, mostly crap.

This has me wanting to dust off the icon and get going!!

• Lockdown challenge number 1:
    Delete gadget and make music with NS2. :)

• @jolico said:
    Lockdown challenge number 1:

hehehe
    But, I have unfinished tunes in there too. Decisions decisions ...

• @kinkujin said:

@jolico said:
    Lockdown challenge number 1:

hehehe
    But, I have unfinished tunes in there too. Decisions decisions ...

You can export your best loops and use them elsewhere.

Or if you just can’t do it, you could just make a “Trash” folder with apps that are holding you back.

• R_2R_2
    edited May 2020

When Gadget was released in 2014 it felt difficult to not sound gadget-ey (doesn’t have to be a bad thing). But since the Samplers, iMonoPoly, ODYSSEi, Electribe Wave and iWavestation it is different. IFX are also a big part of that.

A crazy trick I do for unique fx is to record a solo track from a scene (drums for instance) into Rosario or Durban. From iPad speaker to iPad mic (mute the recording track unless you want to include some feedback). Then I can apply their fx to the recording and mix that in with the dry sound. Gives great results!

• I don't want to get out of their box as much as I want to be able to bring more in so adding the ability to load AUv3 effects and apps inside Gadget might make me never leave...

• I haven't touched Gadget for a long while now. It just feels so out of date now, and very limited.
    Gadget is more of a one-stop closed shop, a groove box in of itself. And while there are some great modules to use, there are just too many amazing apps out there to use - increasingly AUv3.
    If Gadget doesn't allow AUv3, I can't see myself using it any more.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Apart from contravening various laws of thermodynamics and having a faulty memory (both much like myself) Gadget is a brilliant little universe where songs can be written easily and often. No way it's been abandoned. Crazy talk.

Gadget is still my #1 songwriting app.
    Not that others aren't great too but it's still the quickest way from brain to speakers.
    For me at least.

• @jameslondon74 said:
    I haven't touched Gadget for a long while now. It just feels so out of date now, and very limited.
    Gadget is more of a one-stop closed shop, a groove box in of itself. And while there are some great modules to use, there are just too many amazing apps out there to use - increasingly AUv3.
    If Gadget doesn't allow AUv3, I can't see myself using it any more.

Thats the beauty of having it on Windows platform i suppose?.. Each Gadget is a single VST instrument.. I dont know about MAC tho, but i would of guessed it would be the same, plus MAC has the KORG Gadget sequencer addition (the same as iOS).. But it work great in Ableton.. & very CPU friendly too.. Even on my old 2007 laptop.... Ive even converted Gadget for Windows to work in a 32bit Ableton Live, using JBridge software.. Works a charm..

• R_2R_2
    edited May 2020

If I was Korg I’d put out a quick (non changing) update with release notes:

• Fixed abandon rumors
    • 太った女性が歌うまでは終わりません
      :D

@rs2000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Apart from contravening various laws of thermodynamics and having a faulty memory (both much like myself) Gadget is a brilliant little universe where songs can be written easily and often. No way it's been abandoned. Crazy talk.

Gadget is still my #1 songwriting app.
    Not that others aren't great too but it's still the quickest way from brain to speakers.
    For me at least.

Same, plus i appreciate that fact that everything is auto loaded perfectly whenever I have some time. No hassle setting things up.

• @R_2
    👍🏼😄

• If I was to wish for 1 thing it would be an AUv3 FX Send Gadget that lets you load up and route tracks through it like a send and return track

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Anyone know if this has been abandoned?

No updates for yonks..

i put Gadget in the same category as Reason....waste of money if yur expectig to work with its sequences, but using the plugs alone inside a daw is ok.

• what is the best way to transfer presets from one ipad to another one?I‘ve seen the export function but does it export the whole user bank or only a single preset?

• @Crabman Export is whole user bank, works quite nice I think. Through Files.app.

Not sure if all gadgets have the export option. For those you can save a project with your favorite presets to iCloud and open it on the other iPad. Then you can save those presets on there.

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Anyone know if this has been abandoned?

No updates for yonks..

I heard somewhere that they told (on a live event) that developing Gadget in iOS is not profitable, so in my opinion they only do as little as they could to make profits. That is why we have only updates with soundbanks

• @R_2 said:
    @Crabman Export is whole user bank, works quite nice I think. Through Files.app.

Not sure if all gadgets have the export option. For those you can save a project with your favorite presets to iCloud and open it on the other iPad. Then you can save those presets on there.

Worked great,thanks 👍

• Gadget seems to be in an 'IAP Limbo' with new packs for Module Pro get released that also require updates Gadget...

...really hoping that something BIG is cooking behind the scenes as it would be sad if Gadget stopped evolving.

• what @MAtrixplan says makes more sense though.Unfortunately…

• Wouldn’t it be good if they brought them out individually as audio units with their own little sequencer.

• I have learned that thinking about "they should" "they would" makes no sense in the context of my music creation. I have to work on a tools taht works for me. It was Gadget through years. Now I use it very rarely.