Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LED controller Apps & hardware tips

I take any tips to make a LED installation for my little bedroom producer cave 🦇
Musical responsive like « color organ » and or Tempo need.
I have 66.6€ max to spend on hardware.
Im living in Réunion island 🇷🇪 shipping costs is high from US, EU but not very high from china.
I see many many things on Aliexpress but I’m a bit lost...
I need EU french power supply and the ability to plug more led strips if i need if a future update.
😋

Comments

• I have been looking a bit in to it.
    The stuff you can buy on Aliexpress is cool my guess is that it offers little control. It proberly has some presets and colormix.

I will surgest that you buy phillips HUE. IKEA also has a system. I have not tried the IKEA system my self but one of my friends has it and he likes it.

I have also used a product called Neonflex. It looks like Neon but it is LED. The cool thing about is that you can buy it as 230v. I have tried it on a theatrical dimmer and it can be dimmed. PLEASE NOTE that you will have to use an old fashion glowlight bulp or some other devise with a lot of watts and ohm on the same power circuit otherwise it might flicker. On a standard on/off light switch there shouldn’t be a problem.

These options are the cheap versions and probably won’t give you the control you want unless you can make or buy a “sound to light” device. However these are not uncommon. I you know an electronics guy he might build one for you 😉.

If you want a higher level of control it is NOT cheap.... far beyond the prize range you mentioned. But for the sake of geekery here we go😊

I wanted to use my iphone as a light console and control it via a midi pedal board while playing gigs with my band. I should mention that i work with theatrical light for living so my wishlist for features is influenced by that.
    My choice of lightsystem is Luminair. That uses the most important protocols for lighting such as artNET sACN and of course DMX. Luminair has 1 DMX universe (512 ch ) You can also control phillips HUE with it. Apart from that it can use MIDI LE and MIDI show control.

I control it with a irig blueboard foot controller when i’m playing. It works fine... it is certanly NOT GrandMA. But it works....
    I have only used the MIDI to change presets and scenes. I haven’t tried to control Luminair with a DAW. But it has MIDI learn so mapping the channels to a MIDI controller is easy.

But again. Hold on to your chair because a light system with full control is F*#k!^$ expencive.

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/luminair-3-dmx-art-net-smart/id920440588?l=da

You also need to connect a DMX node or special cables to your iphone/wifi router to send your DMX signal to the other hardware.

https://www.enttec.co.uk/en/product/controls/dmx-ethernet-lighting-control/ethernet-dmx-interface/

So much for the controller.

The LED strip itself is another game. The most important question is: What do you want to do? Do you want a single color? Do you want to be able to change for warm to cold light? ( tunable white ) Do you want to be able to mix all colors. If you go for the last option there are even more choises. ( RGB, RGBW, RGBWA ).

You should also find out if you want 12volt or 24volt LED. However 24volt seems to be taking over.
    The cool thing about 12 volt is that you can actually run it with a 9 volt battery and you can ignore everything else that i’m writing here 😂.

You also need a LED driver. Of course your choise of LED driver depends on your choise of LED strips.

https://jb-systems.eu/micro-led-manager-mk2

This one is cool because the LED driver and the PSU is in the same unit. It has 3 channels so you can use it to control one RGB led strip or 3 single color led strips. But it is only 50w so pay attention to the wattage the LEDstrip that you want to use.
    LED strips are normally sold as 5 meter pieces and the wattage written in the specs is the wattage for 5 meters. Then you can cut the strip up at certain points.

The Wattage and the number of colors you want to control is the reason why you normally buy the LED driver and the PSU seperatly.
    In that case i like PROLED or TIGHT LED.

Yep that was a crazy post. The point is that if you want a color organ you will have to design it from scratch as a modular system. I don’t know of any finished devises. It is just getting expensive very quickly because of all the hardware that goes i to such system.
    That being said. It is really fun to work with and you can build light into lot of things and do crazy stuff with it 😊.

• @Lorichs said:
    I have been looking a bit in to it.
    The stuff you can buy on Aliexpress is cool my guess is that it offers little control. It proberly has some presets and colormix.

I will surgest that you buy phillips HUE. IKEA also has a system. I have not tried the IKEA system my self but one of my friends has it and he likes it.

I have also used a product called Neonflex. It looks like Neon but it is LED. The cool thing about is that you can buy it as 230v. I have tried it on a theatrical dimmer and it can be dimmed. PLEASE NOTE that you will have to use an old fashion glowlight bulp or some other devise with a lot of watts and ohm on the same power circuit otherwise it might flicker. On a standard on/off light switch there shouldn’t be a problem.

These options are the cheap versions and probably won’t give you the control you want unless you can make or buy a “sound to light” device. However these are not uncommon. I you know an electronics guy he might build one for you 😉.

If you want a higher level of control it is NOT cheap.... far beyond the prize range you mentioned. But for the sake of geekery here we go😊

I wanted to use my iphone as a light console and control it via a midi pedal board while playing gigs with my band. I should mention that i work with theatrical light for living so my wishlist for features is influenced by that.
    My choice of lightsystem is Luminair. That uses the most important protocols for lighting such as artNET sACN and of course DMX. Luminair has 1 DMX universe (512 ch ) You can also control phillips HUE with it. Apart from that it can use MIDI LE and MIDI show control.

I control it with a irig blueboard foot controller when i’m playing. It works fine... it is certanly NOT GrandMA. But it works....
    I have only used the MIDI to change presets and scenes. I haven’t tried to control Luminair with a DAW. But it has MIDI learn so mapping the channels to a MIDI controller is easy.

But again. Hold on to your chair because a light system with full control is F*#k!^$ expencive.

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/luminair-3-dmx-art-net-smart/id920440588?l=da

You also need to connect a DMX node or special cables to your iphone/wifi router to send your DMX signal to the other hardware.

https://www.enttec.co.uk/en/product/controls/dmx-ethernet-lighting-control/ethernet-dmx-interface/

So much for the controller.

The LED strip itself is another game. The most important question is: What do you want to do? Do you want a single color? Do you want to be able to change for warm to cold light? ( tunable white ) Do you want to be able to mix all colors. If you go for the last option there are even more choises. ( RGB, RGBW, RGBWA ).

You should also find out if you want 12volt or 24volt LED. However 24volt seems to be taking over.
    The cool thing about 12 volt is that you can actually run it with a 9 volt battery and you can ignore everything else that i’m writing here 😂.

You also need a LED driver. Of course your choise of LED driver depends on your choise of LED strips.

https://jb-systems.eu/micro-led-manager-mk2

This one is cool because the LED driver and the PSU is in the same unit. It has 3 channels so you can use it to control one RGB led strip or 3 single color led strips. But it is only 50w so pay attention to the wattage the LEDstrip that you want to use.
    LED strips are normally sold as 5 meter pieces and the wattage written in the specs is the wattage for 5 meters. Then you can cut the strip up at certain points.

The Wattage and the number of colors you want to control is the reason why you normally buy the LED driver and the PSU seperatly.
    In that case i like PROLED or TIGHT LED.

Yep that was a crazy post. The point is that if you want a color organ you will have to design it from scratch as a modular system. I don’t know of any finished devises. It is just getting expensive very quickly because of all the hardware that goes i to such system.
    That being said. It is really fun to work with and you can build light into lot of things and do crazy stuff with it 😊.

Woaw great explanation, many thanks for the tips. So many solutions for different needs.
    Thanks you