Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox updated- new synth “Horizon”

Comments

• Beyond panning (did I mention the panning already?)....I wish that Groovebox AND Launchpad both had the simple file organizing option that Blocs has of being able to just move files up and down in the project list...

• If we ever get panning, I hope they add it before the reverb/delay in the signal chain.

• @jolico said:
    If we ever get panning, I hope they add it before the reverb/delay in the signal chain.

No chain monkey business :) Standalone, big button :)

• @klownshed said:

@dendy said:

I get time (haha, noT much chance of that!) I would like to try it with my circuit mono station. Using the mono station as sequencer and feeding the Audio back into it might be fun. :-)

ha, sounds like good idea for today evening (cause i have mono station too) ... but don't think mono station works like usb audio interface, or am i wrong ?

No I was forgetting the xiosynth doesn’t have a MIDI IN. Out only. Bugger.

Still. I can just sequence the Xio from my Mac or iPhone and still plug the audio out into the audio in of the MS.

Or I can just use a different synth such as the korg prophecy instead. :-)

Does the Xio have midi in via its usb ? If so, connect both it and the monostation to a usb hub, and then a CCK..and use aum (or similar) to route he midi from mono to Xio

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Beyond panning (did I mention the panning already?)....I wish that Groovebox AND Launchpad both had the simple file organizing option that Blocs has of being able to just move files up and down in the project list...

I think you can ? The menus are not entirely consistent between the apps, at least one (Cannot recall which) has separate pen and up/down icons to get to the project functions...and at least one of the others it is all under the pencil icon (no separate up/down icon)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Beyond panning (did I mention the panning already?)....I wish that Groovebox AND Launchpad both had the simple file organizing option that Blocs has of being able to just move files up and down in the project list...

I think you can ? The menus are not entirely consistent between the apps, at least one (Cannot recall which) has separate pen and up/down icons to get to the project functions...and at least one of the others it is all under the pencil icon (no separate up/down icon)

/puts on his big boots and stomps off to have a good look etc

• edited May 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Getting the cricket pads on...just in case :lol:

• edited May 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

HUZZAH!

The day is saved! Indeed Master Andy, there are little thingies on the the right hand side. Almost gray beyond distinction by eyes as soft as mine, but lo did I take you at your word etc and IT WAS SO.

/takes rest of the afternoon off.

• @AndyPlankton said:

Does the Xio have midi in via its usb ? If so, connect both it and the monostation to a usb hub, and then a CCK..and use aum (or similar) to route he midi from mono to Xio

👍

The appeal was doing it without needing a Mac or iOS device. Just two devices, no mixer just a pair of ‘phones plugged into the Ciccuit MS and the audio out of the synth back into the Circuit MS. The Audio in needs the Vca To be open so you can get some cool sounds depending on what you play on the CircuiT MS.

Sometimes it’s nice not to use a screen :-)

• @klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

👍

The appeal was doing it without needing a Mac or iOS device. Just two devices, no mixer just a pair of ‘phones plugged into the Ciccuit MS and the audio out of the synth back into the Circuit MS. The Audio in needs the Vca To be open so you can get some cool sounds depending on what you play on the CircuiT MS.

I have spent the last month and a bit more working exclusively with an LP pro, monostation, circuit, Mininova and bassstation 2...real midi connections only...the only usb involved is for the power to the LP Pro. I didn’t even use the iPad for fx or recording...I have a stereo mix going straight into a zoom r8 ;)

• edited May 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

HUZZAH!

The day is saved! Indeed Master Andy, there are little thingies on the the right hand side. Almost gray beyond distinction by eyes as soft as mine, but lo did I take you at your word etc and IT WAS SO.

/takes rest of the afternoon off.

Wishing I hadn’t anticipated having to run and done the damn buckles up so tight now !
    They are still buckles right ?

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:
    honestly one of the best sounding synths ive heard in a while

Absolutely. Its a joy to tune some nice stuff into and the automation is just lovely integrated. Love Groovebox now even more. Boy I with it would be AUv3 ;)

Be sure and hit them up with the request on their site. Just had an exchange with them about this.

Feature Request Link

• As a cheap bastard I’m still undecided on the horizon IAP. Now a few days have passed, are you all still happy with it? Any reservations?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

👍

I have spent the last month and a bit more working exclusively with an LP pro, monostation, circuit, Mininova and bassstation 2...real midi connections only...the only usb involved is for the power to the LP Pro. I didn’t even use the iPad for fx or recording...I have a stereo mix going straight into a zoom r8 ;)

Sounds fun :-)

As well as my mono station, I have a drumbrute impact and a pro-1. I Also have a fair amount of old hardware in storage I’d like to put back into service if I can find some space at my office.
    What I like about hardware like drum machines and the mono station is that I treat them a bit like playing a guitar. I play because I like playing. If something productive comes out of it and inspiration strikes then that’s a bonus.

Which, to bring things back on topic, that is similar to what I like about groovebox. It’s one of those apps that just takes away the pressure to create — not that it can’t be creative, quite the opposite, just that it is so simple and so perfectly designed to be prodded with a finger that it’s fun to just play without an ulterior motive. I’m more than happy to just export the loops to use elsewhere to enter producer mode.

I like groovebox as it lets me be in jam mode.

I like jamming. Who knew?

:-)

• @purpan2 said:
    As a cheap bastard I’m still undecided on the horizon IAP. Now a few days have passed, are you all still happy with it? Any reservations?

Much as I admire cheaposity and recognize it as a virture beyond my skill-set I can confirm that the addition of the new Horizon has expanded mine in terms of this Groovebox. Made all the more so, of course, by the fact that we can save our own presets these days, but I'm still looking forward to them spitting out more packs for this puppy as I'm sure they soon will....

• edited May 2020

Thanks JohnnyGoodyear for your comments. I'll probably take the plunge.

• @klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@klownshed said:

@AndyPlankton said:

👍

Sounds fun :-)

As well as my mono station, I have a drumbrute impact and a pro-1. I Also have a fair amount of old hardware in storage I’d like to put back into service if I can find some space at my office.
    What I like about hardware like drum machines and the mono station is that I treat them a bit like playing a guitar. I play because I like playing. If something productive comes out of it and inspiration strikes then that’s a bonus.

Which, to bring things back on topic, that is similar to what I like about groovebox. It’s one of those apps that just takes away the pressure to create — not that it can’t be creative, quite the opposite, just that it is so simple and so perfectly designed to be prodded with a finger that it’s fun to just play without an ulterior motive. I’m more than happy to just export the loops to use elsewhere to enter producer mode.

I like groovebox as it lets me be in jam mode.

I like jamming. Who knew?

:-)

Yup that sounds about right. Hardware frees me up to play....Groovebox does the same :)

• A side issue here. Is it possible to transfer a groovebox project from iphone to ipad?

• if you like groovebox you’ll love horizon

• @reasOne said:
    if you like groovebox you’ll love horizon

What if you love Groovebox... how will you feel about horizon then? 🥰

• Horizon is great for moody pad sounds. Using two instances here. Minimon is lead.

• @auxmux great stuff mate! Well crafted! Like the prelinger attached to it :)
    Keep up the good work!

• Thanks @david_2017 Appreciate it!

• @auxmux said:
    Horizon is great for moody pad sounds. Using two instances here. Minimon is lead.

Well done and love the video, cool beans!

• @robosardine said:

@reasOne said:

haha well then you will extra love it now with horizon

• @reasOne said:

@robosardine said:

@reasOne said:

Yeah! It IS really that good :)

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:

@robosardine said:

@reasOne said:

Yeah! It IS really that good :)

for sure! i used 6 instances of it earlier in a drone jam with alteza for taste

• @Yalexein said:
    I would like to see more system features. Like multi-outputs. Otherwise we are talking of something like a good toy.

I have been begging Ampify for just a basic MIDI channel in for ages. It’s a super fun tool for live jamming otherwise

• @purpan2 said:
    A side issue here. Is it possible to transfer a groovebox project from iphone to ipad?

I don’t think so. You can export audiofiles though....