Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox updated- new synth “Horizon”

Just saw an update with new synth. But no time to check it out now... after work something to look forward to!

Comments

• Downloading. Thx for the info @Halftone :smile:

• New synth for lush pads. Euro 7.99 IAP.

• Still, no panning.

• is the PRO bundle on sale or not?

• I've been hoping for just such a synth here. The playground is wonderful, but the synths didn't cover much ground. Anybody heard much yet?

• I guess since automation lovingly made it's way in I should start fulfilling my promise and start buying a few things now. :)

• No love here for owners of the Pro Features collection, sadly. I’d have liked to see even a small discount on the IAP for customers that shelled out for the full Monty.

• I would like to see more system features. Like multi-outputs. Otherwise we are talking of something like a good toy.

• I think I'll wait for a sale on this IAP (got the others already) and hope we'll get some kind of automation editor in an update.
    And well, on the iPhone the onscreen keyboard can not access enough notes compared to the iPad making playing chords or leads that span a few octaves a real challenge....

• One thing I think is great about groovebox (and the other Ampify apps)is just how well designed for iOS it is.

Sure it has limitations and isn’t supposed to be a ‘do-everything’ app but the things it does do it does very well. It’s really quick to get going, thanks in part to its focussed (some would say limited) feature set.

I much prefer this to some other popular groove boxes you might mention as it is just so direct and fast and it doesn’t pretend to be hardware and make me use a fake scroll wheel and tiny fake screen :lol:

It also nice that the free version is so capable. You can make an awful lot of music before you need to unlock anything.

Once you have an idea forming, the exportIng of stems is quick and easy. I like it for making quick and simple loop fodder for BlocsWave.

I don’t really need or want to make a whole track in it, but i really enjoy just playing it.

• This is delicious!!!

• Really nice to now have two poly synths and two mono synths. Things feel well rounded now. And yeah it sounds great, awesome reverb

• edited May 2020

great sound... There is some serious amount of DSP wizardry invested into Groovebox, all thise synths have hardware-level of sound quality...

@klownshed
    One thing I think is great about groovebox (and the other Ampify apps)is just how well designed for iOS it is.

yes this ! Very intuitive, great for quick improvisations... Instant "Novation Circuit" vibe for me, very creative tool

• Best reverb eva

• It sounds really good. I will eventually pay for the full unlock, but I first like to see everything possible without it. Based on past experience with the other modules, I suspect that will already be a lot.

• Hmm.. I wasn’t too exited about this one initially - but putting it through some effects seems to bring it out. I think I’ll be going for it as well... it would probably just annoy me opening up Groovebox (as I do quite often) with it sitting there unpaid for with no access to the features. I’m sure the sound packs will come thick and fast and it does seem that there will be quite a scope for sounds. I’m quite sure I will have made many much more regrettable purchases when I look back.

• In the Groovebox app, on the Horizon tab that let's you buy the synth (and hopefully get more than 17 presets?), there's a link to a video. Anybody get that to load? Or is it just playing the 17 basic Horizon presets?

• I can’t get the video either, but you can load the presets and give the random button a tap or two to give you an idea.
    The 7.99 is for the full synth and the current presets- I’m sure you won’t get any more than that the ones shown at the moment, but there will be plenty packs as IAP’s in the near future, they are usually quite cheap. They probably have several packs ready to go already.

• @robosardine
    Do you have the "pro" unlock already? And are you in the US? For me the Horizon expansion is coming up as $6.99.

• edited May 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @robosardine
    Do you have the "pro" unlock already? And are you in the US? For me the Horizon expansion is coming up as $6.99.

Didn't charge me here. But, you know, I'm a VIP kind of guy, red rope and all. Or it's an utter glitch. Anyway as @robosardine says, these are the gateways to future sales and I'm sure they'll be down by the schoolyard shortly...

EDIT: Yes they did charge me. 6.99. Bastids. Back out on the street with the hoi polloi...

• Of course the fact that you can now save your own presets is HUGE.

AS IS THE FACT THAT THERE'S STILL NO PANNING.

What are people thinking though....

• I thought the same thing, @JohnnyGoodyear. It's like when the initiation fee to the gym was waived. I must be special....

But $6.99 is better than $7.99.

And yet the EG Serato döppelgänger app is imminent! Dare I spend the — oh, it's not even funny at this point.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @robosardine

I have indeed got it- it’s pretty good- though again for me it needs effects on it - which does
    help considerably. I’m in Scotland- you are right it was only 6.99
    Here are some screenshots to give you an idea of the parameters

• Yes- it is quite good actually- nice job Ampify. I’ve just had a decent session with it going through Electrogene and Looperator.

• Thanks. Sold.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Of course the fact that you can now save your own presets is HUGE.

AS IS THE FACT THAT THERE'S STILL NO PANNING.

What are people thinking though....

I like it. Doesn’t give you more presets after unlocking all the features but you can get some good sounds quickly. I’m interested in hearing what presets expansions will come in the future but saving your own presets definitely makes it worth it, as soon as they added that I bought all the other devices. I’m not that bothered about the lack of panning because what I do in Groovebox usually gets exported to Blocs Wave or other Daws. Definitely worth $6.99 imo.

• Instabuy for me.

• Yah very nice through Blackhole

• love it

• This new synth is very capable indeed. A great addition to the line up. 😎