Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bias fx 2 is out.

124»

Comments

• @Nubus said:
    It seems like the integration with BIAS amp 2 is more complete. I can use the Celestion Pack from that and it's effectively now BIAS Fx 2, so they do transfer. If you don't own those, there's will be an option to just buy them for FX 2.

Do you mean that both Celestion packs are fully unlocked in Bias FX2 for you?

I own both Celestion Packs too in BIAS AMP 2. But they don’t transfer or unlock for me after many different attempts to sync IAPs and using the lastest versions of all apps. I still see a ‘coming soon’ message in the Celestion section in FX2, and only three Celestion IRs in the IR loader. I am able to export amps with Celestion cabs from Bias Amp2 to Bias FX2, but those Celestion cabs are available for other amps in FX2.

• edited June 2020

delete

• edited June 2020

I have only used this app for a few minutes, so I may be wrong, but here's what I seemed to have found:

When you use BIAS Fx 2, you can deep edit in BIAS Amp 2, using that tube icon. Then you just use the Celestion pack if you had bought it. When you come back to Bias Fx 2 it's done. What you can't do is load the pack directly.

In other words, there's no transfer via purchases. PG will offer the Celestion pack (that's greyed out now) for people who don't own BIAS Amp 2. It's confusing, but that weird switch to BIAS Amp for editing has always seemed confusing. It does feel better now; almost like it's the same app, with a different screen for editing. But that may just be my first impression.

What really screws it up still, is that when you go into BIAS Amp 2 from BIAS Fx 2, you will have icons up top you use to switch back, like IAA, and it STILL shows Jam-Up (if you have that installed) and not BAIS FX the first time you do this (until you set it). This make the whole thing feel like a broken IAA hack. It's just not seamless integration. Why they don't combine these more completely is beyond me. They have some sloppy programmers i'm thinking. They make great stuff but neglect to clean up little things.

• edited June 2020

@Nubus said:
    I have only used this app for a few minutes, so I may be wrong, but here's what I seemed to have found:

When you use BIAS Fx 2, you can deep edit in BIAS Amp 2, using that tube icon. Then you just use the Celestion pack if you had bought it. When you come back to Bias Fx 2 it's done. What you can't do is load the pack directly.

In other words, there's no transfer via purchases. PG will offer the Celestion pack (that's greyed out now) for people who don't own BIAS Amp 2. It's confusing, but that weird switch to BIAS Amp for editing has always seemed confusing. It does feel better now; almost like it's the same app, with a different screen for editing. But that may just be my first impression.

What really screws it all up still, is that when you go into BIAS Amp 2 from BIAS Fx 2, you will have icons up top (like it's IAA or something) and it STILL shows Jam-Up and not BAIS FX the first time you do this (until you set it). This make the whole thing feel like a broken IAA hack. It's just not ideal as far as seamless integration. Why they don't combine these more completely is beyond me. They have some sloppy programmers i'm thinking. They make great stuff but neglect to clean up little things.

Ah thanks man. Yes this also works for me. It is not ideal, but it will do the trick for now to be able to use those Celestion cabs. I hope they will eventually be unlocked for users like us who already purchased them in BIAS Amp2.

What irks me more is how there was a crash when trying to use the IR loader in combination with any of the 6 amps from the Metal Signature Pack. They ‘fixed’ it in the latest version with a popup that states those amps do not support the IR loader. Such a lame and lazy way to deal with this issue. The IR loader should be able to work with all of the amps, not just with a select number. Just like all fx, cabs and guitar models can also work with everything in the app. Why restrict some of the best amps from using this feature because they seem to be unable to find a fix the bug rightaway. Ugh very disappointing since i love those amos and IRs. I am sure the desktop version doesn’t even have that issue, but i could be wrong.

• edited June 2020

I just realized it's easy to see it's money that prevents them from combining these. They can charge for both, but they have to keep them separate to do so; hence the weird BIAS Amp tube icon (that used to wiggle, or maybe still wiggles?).

• Am I completely happy with Bias FX 2? No. However I have used it daily for the past week from just sitting and practicing with it for hours to really dialing in stuff and recording it. Once you get the workflow down with Bias Amp 2 it's actually an extremely powerful system. Especially with the internal IR loader, now everything is self contained and saved in one place.

It seems like Positive Grid is really catering to high gain, heavy metal/thrash style guitarists- which is cool but not my bag really. So for me it's taken awhile to learn how their modeled preamps & poweramps behave in lower gain settings. If you're willing to experiment there's a LOT of different tones to create.

I've said this before but I maintain my belief in it: in the 90's & 00's I'd go to Guitar Center and buy a pedal for $80-$140 along with a couple pack of strings and not even flinch. iOS still has that hangover of the $0.99 bird game app mentality where anything over $10 sparks outrage and huge suspicion. Warts and all this is a $70 tool for guitar with dozens of amps, effects and features that does some pretty incredible things on its own and in concert with other apps.

If it was an AUv3 from jumpstreet I suspect a lot of us may have forgiven the price point. However, and maybe it's because I came into iOS music production in 2015 pre-Audio Units, you can record with the app in Auria & Cubasis through IAA & AudioBus (caveat: I haven't tried AudioBus, going off of what I've heard from other reviews.) Is that optimal in 2020? No. But it works.

I get it's not for everyone but it doesn't deserve the total shit storm it has stirred up. Plus the dev is trying to answer questions and respond to concerns. If they thought AU wasn't a big deal, they know now for sure.

• @JRSIV havent used it yet but I suspect I will be in the same camp as you. Just waiting for the MIDI to use with my Blueboard and away we go.

• btw, Bias FX2 has a new version with a lot of new gear included.

For example, here list of crunch amps in the previous version:

And this is the same list after update:

• @Kranick MIDI support yet?

• edited July 2020

@mjcouche said:
    @Kranick MIDI support yet?

Supposedly MIDI is now implemented with the latest update of BIAS FX 2. I tried it with the same MIDI footcontroller that i can use without any problems with BIAS FX (1), but none of the MiDI commands are being recognized. I even tried it with other MIDI controllers but it seems that BFX2 doesn’t recognize any incoming MIDI signal when you press any MIDI learn button. Ofcourse i made sure in the MIDI settings that MIDI CONTROL is enabled... but no go for me whatsoever when trying to use MIDI learn.

So i manually programmed the MIDI mapping with the same CC#’s that work fine in BFX1, but still no go for BFX2 with those settings.

It is not due to the controller (Line6 FBV3 via a powered USB hub) since it works fine with BFX1, Amplitube, GE Labs, TH-U.

Has anyone else been succesful with getting MIDI control to actually work in the last version of BFX2? And if so, what is your set up or steps you had to take to make it work?

• edited July 2020

deleted

• edited July 2020

Okay, getting back to the MIDI CONTROL issue as mentioned in my previous. This is a bit wonky but the only way for me to make this work is by making sure no MIDI Controller is actually connected to your iDevice when you start up BIAS FX2. Once it is running connect your MIDI controller directly or through a powered hub and wait several seconds for BFX2 to notice a controller is connected. Now it should work. Most other iOS apps work fine with MIDI controllers already being connected when you boot up the app, but I see BFX2 is a little different.

• edited July 2020

I only ever got BFX1 to work using midi learn. Fired up the Blueboard after opening BFX2 and was able to assign it to the live view right away.

• edited January 2021

shit, I just bought this, convinced I had read somewhere it had AUv3 support. Tonebridge, Amp One, TH-U, they all can do it, why not Bias fx???

So what's the best workflow for a project with multiple guitars? one track for each amp setting, freeze track, change bias fx settings, work on next track, rinse repeat....this sucks...

I got to say though, some of those presets sound better than my old amp ;)

• @dobbs said:
    shit, I just bought this, convinced I had read somewhere it had AUv3 support. Tonebridge, Amp One, TH-U, they all can do it, why not Bias fx???

So what's the best workflow for a project with multiple guitars? one track for each amp setting, freeze track, change bias fx settings, work on next track, rinse repeat....this sucks...

I got to say though, some of those presets sound better than my old amp ;)

IMO you answered the question yourself.

• i'm probably gonna put up with it though because I won't get anything better with any other app for the mere 11€ I invested (it's on sale...)

• Well that's pretty crazy. I'd probably buy it for that ;)

• edited January 2021

they have an ola englund IAA. that kind of sold me on it ;) another interesting thing... you can't upgrade to the higher tier (pro/elite) without paying the full price again?

• This is beyond frustrating!

Thanks for the comments and replies, everyone. I spent forever trying to “fix” this audio issue with my guitar last night only to discover that it’s been a known issue with BFX2 since ios14.

My question: aside from Tonebridge, are there any amazing amp modelling alternatives to PG? I’m using an iPhone so any applicable app suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• @GenericMusic said:
    This is beyond frustrating!

Thanks for the comments and replies, everyone. I spent forever trying to “fix” this audio issue with my guitar last night only to discover that it’s been a known issue with BFX2 since ios14.

My question: aside from Tonebridge, are there any amazing amp modelling alternatives to PG? I’m using an iPhone so any applicable app suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

THU, Nembrini.

• Thank you!

Sorry! What is THU? I’m so bad with location of apps.

• @GenericMusic said:
    Thank you!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/overloud-thu/id1478394489
    ?

• Thu.
    GE Labs.

• edited April 2021

by the way, support has responded to me that there is in fact no way to upgrade from one tier to another, you have to pay the full price again... so should you want to buy this app, best put some thought first into which tier you want...

The advantage of nembrini, thu,... over bias is that they're AUv3...

@GenericMusic what audio problems do you have? I didn't notice any so far on ipadOS 14

• Unable to get any sound at all using the Scarlett 2i2 and AUv3 effects part with Bias 2 or JamUp Pro.

Any sound that does come out is tinny. Maybe I’m doing it wrong but really it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out.

• @MAtrixplan said:

@GenericMusic said:
    Thank you!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/overloud-thu/id1478394489
    ?

Got it and thank you!!!

• @GenericMusic said:
    Unable to get any sound at all using the Scarlett 2i2 and AUv3 effects part with Bias 2 or JamUp Pro.

Any sound that does come out is tinny. Maybe I’m doing it wrong but really it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out.

Is there any chance that you're plugging earbuds or headphone with a microphone in after you plug in the 2i2? If you do then they take over as the audio device. I've forgotten this before and wondered why I was barely getting any sound ... the guitar was coming through the earbud mic. :D

On the off chance that is the issue, just plug the 2i2 in after the headphones.

• @wim said:

@GenericMusic said:
    Unable to get any sound at all using the Scarlett 2i2 and AUv3 effects part with Bias 2 or JamUp Pro.

Is there any chance that you're plugging earbuds or headphone with a microphone in after you plug in the 2i2? If you do then they take over as the audio device. I've forgotten this before and wondered why I was barely getting any sound ... the guitar was coming through the earbud mic. :D

Just did that and it works!! I am a moron!

Thanks so much for the help. Yeeesh how embarrassing!!

• @GenericMusic said:

@wim said:

@GenericMusic said:

Just did that and it works!! I am a moron!

Thanks so much for the help. Yeeesh how embarrassing!!

Ha! I've been bitten by that one more than once myself. :D