Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bias fx 2 is out.

Comments

• @Vaultnaemsae said:
    6) They took out the IAA insert point!!! OMG, WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT???

>
    Completely forgot to mention that. JFC. Why indeed.

• After reading the comments here and all the negative App Store reviews, I'm starting to realize what probably has happened.

With Nembrini and GE Labs releasing awesome new amp sims (not to mention all the cool new Eventide effects!) it appears to me the powers that be at Positive Grid felt increasingly compelled to rush something to market in order to impress the user base that they have something new as well — "Me Too!"

I'm guessing with Memorial Day weekend rapidly approaching, they pushed the team to produce something — anything! In order to remain competitive in the marketplace.

Perhaps the Bias FX team had truly big plans for the next version of the app, but they were forced to add a couple bells and whistles to an otherwise ugly cow and ship it as-is with updates to come.

Discuss!

• @SNystrom I’m sure they are feeling ripped off by GE labs being almost identical in workflow. Even the preset naming is the same convention...

• @mjcouche said:
    @SNystrom I’m sure they are feeling ripped off by GE labs being almost identical in workflow. Even the preset naming is the same convention...

They and their competitors model real world amps and hardware effects, I think the ripping off was done long ago (that’s not an accusation or a complaint).

• All amp/effects sim companies have to allude to the device they are hoping to imitate, whether it be by name, shape, or even color.

How many Ibanez Tube Screamer copies have you see with a name that may or may not be close to "Tube Screamer" but yet has a lime green box and three knobs set in an inverted pyramid???

• It appears as though positive Grid is attempting to “turn the tide,” or there are some homer users very recently:

Hmmm, all of a sudden (three hours ago) people are promoting it as the best thing since sliced bread?!?!?!

• Going from 1-star reviews to instant 5-star reviews automatically raises my bullshit detector to DEFCON-1*

• Yeah we've all learned our lesson on this one. Time to bring them down.

• @SNystrom said:
    After reading the comments here and all the negative App Store reviews, I'm starting to realize what probably has happened.

With Nembrini and GE Labs releasing awesome new amp sims (not to mention all the cool new Eventide effects!) it appears to me the powers that be at Positive Grid felt increasingly compelled to rush something to market in order to impress the user base that they have something new as well — "Me Too!"

I'm guessing with Memorial Day weekend rapidly approaching, they pushed the team to produce something — anything! In order to remain competitive in the marketplace.

Perhaps the Bias FX team had truly big plans for the next version of the app, but they were forced to add a couple bells and whistles to an otherwise ugly cow and ship it as-is with updates to come.

Discuss!

I think they just don't realize how much ground they're losing period. Even on desktop, their features are admirable when they were dethroning the likes of amplitube and the like. The problem is, not everyone really cares about having just a decent full suite of amps if they can have REALLY GREAT focused amps on the individual level. I used to use BIAS FX on desktop, but they dont hold a candle to the plugin alliance/UAD, STL amps or any of the other more focused libraries...so after a while the glow wears off. they're not bad..they're just not that great...and if you want to use these business tactics, you better be F'n great.

• edited May 2020

I would write fake reviews of my product to counterbalance the one star reviews left by irresponsible kids. Gotta survive.

• Well, if they have, that would be unethical, contemptible, and totally morally corrupt.

However, if they have also made considerable monetary contributions to the Trump re-election campaign, I’d imagine that would simply be par for the course.

• But good possible with a free app ;)

• Reading some of the App Store 1 Star reviews i can see why PG think guitarists might not be smart enough to handle X-drummer. I need to get in touch with the person complaining about buying ‘Elite’ twice and see if they’re interested in my premium miracle corona virus curing App.

That said, the fake 5 stars are hilarious. Quite tempted to post a 5 star negative or 1 star positive to upset the algorithm.

• Tim Webb over at the Dischord site, shares his perspective on Bias FX 2:

https://discchord.com/appnews/2020/05/22/bias-fx-2-1-guitar-tone-app-by-positive-grid-inc#comments

Good stuff!

• Very strange review on Discchord. He said nothing about how it sounds or how it works. By and large, this is not a review. This is a set of emotions :neutral: . And this is definitely not what I would like to see on the music app reviews website.

Even more, he shared a video showing how to transfer IAPs from Bias FX1 to FX2, but at the same time writes that there are some problems with this. It looks like Tim wrote a review of an app that he did not use. :/

• @Kranick said:
    Very strange review on Discchord. He said nothing about how it sounds or how it works. By and large, this is not a review. This is a set of emotions :neutral: . And this is definitely not what I would like to see on the music app reviews website.

Even more, he shared a video showing how to transfer IAPs from Bias FX1 to FX2, but at the same time writes that there are some problems with this. It looks like Tim wrote a review of an app that he did not use. :/

Have you never read Discchord before? This is Tim’s style - it’s unique and funny, and it tends to follow the opinions of his readers too. It’s never outrage for outrage’s sake, there’s always truth behind it.

• Elite pack on sale.
    Just saying😉...

• @flo26 said:
    Elite pack on sale.
    Just saying😉...

don't see any new sales :/ . As far as i understand, elite costs $50 if you have Bias FX1 installed on your iPad, and $70 if not.

• Elite on sale :) Oh, no auv3. Forgot about that. Oh well.

• edited May 2020

@Ailerom said:
    Elite on sale :) Oh, no auv3. Forgot about that. Oh well.

I have BFX1 in my Ipad and Elite is 74,99 € here (upgrade from BFX2 free to Elite)
    And I have serveral packs in my BFX1 and after "importing" I think almost none have been imported into my BFX2 account.

• @Kranick said:

@flo26 said:
    Elite pack on sale.
    Just saying😉...

don't see any new sales :/ . As far as i understand, elite costs $50 if you have Bias FX1 installed on your iPad, and $70 if not.

Yesterday,it was still 74,99€ in france.

• Elite is $99 here. Although that is crossed out and it seems for a limited time I can get it for $109.99. :/

• edited May 2020

@flo26 said:.
    Yesterday,it was still 74,99€ in france.

I purchased it for $49.99 yesterday

• So, despite all the upgrade issues and bad reviews regarding it, how does it actually sound???

Is it a sonic improvement over Bias 1, or just putting makeup on a pig?

How does it compare to the Nembrini amps or GE Labs?

Enquirering minds want to know.

• To my ears,nembrini and ge labs sound much better.
    That’s only MY opinion.
    Flo

• @SNystrom said:
    Well, if they have, that would be unethical, contemptible, and totally morally corrupt.

However, if they have also made considerable monetary contributions to the Trump re-election campaign, I’d imagine that would simply be par for the course.

Lol.

• edited May 2020

@SNystrom said:
    So, despite all the upgrade issues and bad reviews regarding it, how does it actually sound???

You can download the app and try the two free amps, one is a bass amp and the other is a Marshall emulation. IMO the Marshall sounds pretty shrill - however there are some decent sounding amps in BIAS AMP 2 which uses the same engine so I imagine BIAS FX 2 will sound pretty similar.

In fact all you're really getting in BIAS FX vs BIAS Amp is the ability to add effects pedals, which to be honest is not that compelling when we have the likes of FAC Chorus etc available to us anyway.

• @SNystrom said:
    So, despite all the upgrade issues and bad reviews regarding it, how does it actually sound???

Honestly I don’t hear any significant difference between FX1 and FX2. In my opinion Bias FX1 sounds very good, and I don’t know what is improved in FX2. But FX2 has several new effects which I use on desktop a lot so I like to have it on iPad. In this regard ones I saw Bias FX2 in the store, I purchased it.

Anyway, I think today you could find a great guitar sound in any guitar app. Bias FX2 is a great app with wide range of amps, cabs and effects and I can’t believe that it might not be right for someone.

• @Kranick said:

Bias FX2 is a great app with wide range of amps, cabs and effects and I can’t believe that it might not be right for someone.

You should mate.