Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best IOS Puzzle Games! Any suggestions?

Comments

• @Prog1967 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I am a huge PlayStation loyalist, and did a ton of research.

I actually chose the XBOX wireless controller, and I am very happy with it.

Thanks! I'm sure you do. I just placed my order after your recommendation. I cannot wait!

I am not a roguelike player, but I heard SO SO SO many good words about the game Dead Cells, that I will buy it on the iPad. With my new controller it will be a better experience.

If you have puzzle plateformers suggestions in mind, don't hesitate to give me your recommendations.

I said it 100 times, but Leo's Fortune is the best puzzle plateformer I have played. There is not enough games like this.

Dead Cells is amazing. Leos Fortune is really good

Do you know if Dead Cells: Fatal Falls (coming soon) will be an update or a 100% new game?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Prog1967 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I am a huge PlayStation loyalist, and did a ton of research.

I actually chose the XBOX wireless controller, and I am very happy with it.

Thanks! I'm sure you do. I just placed my order after your recommendation. I cannot wait!

I am not a roguelike player, but I heard SO SO SO many good words about the game Dead Cells, that I will buy it on the iPad. With my new controller it will be a better experience.

If you have puzzle plateformers suggestions in mind, don't hesitate to give me your recommendations.

I said it 100 times, but Leo's Fortune is the best puzzle plateformer I have played. There is not enough games like this.

Dead Cells is amazing. Leos Fortune is really good

Do you know if Dead Cells: Fatal Falls (coming soon) will be an update or a 100% new game?

I know nothing buddy, sorry

• I just received my XBOX controller and the feeling of it is really good! I'm sure it is not possible, but it would be cool to use it to make music with iOS apps. I will try it later.

I tried and finished GRIS, a game that was suggested here. Better than expected!

A sale on a cool puzzle game on iOS:

• edited January 2021

There was an app that came out last year that mapped supported controllers to MIDI... I can’t remember the name though

Edit, found it:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/miditrol/id1504524252

@Montreal_Music said:
    I just received my XBOX controller and the feeling of it is really good! I'm sure it is not possible, but it would be cool to use it to make music with iOS apps. I will try it later.

• @Krupa said:
    There was an app that came out last year that mapped supported controllers to MIDI... I can’t remember the name though

Edit, found it:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I just received my XBOX controller and the feeling of it is really good! I'm sure it is not possible, but it would be cool to use it to make music with iOS apps. I will try it later.

Oh wow thank you very much for this info!

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Krupa said:

Edit, found it:

@Montreal_Music said:

Oh wow thank you very much for this info!

👍👍 I hope it works for your controller - I was excited when it came out but my steam controller wasn’t compatible (it only works through the steam app so isn’t picked up by the OS)

• The Xbox controller did not work with iOS 14.3. The iPad detect the controller, the pairing is perfect, but the controller does not work on any games. I cannot find the problem, but the last reason why it does not work is because of a problem with the iOS 14.3. Am I the only one who have this problem?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    The Xbox controller did not work with iOS 14.3. The iPad detect the controller, the pairing is perfect, but the controller does not work on any games. I cannot find the problem, but the last reason why it does not work is because of a problem with the iOS 14.3. Am I the only one who have this problem?

I can try later if no one beats me to it. I was using one before 14.3 with no problem.

• edited January 2021

@Liquidmantis said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    The Xbox controller did not work with iOS 14.3. The iPad detect the controller, the pairing is perfect, but the controller does not work on any games. I cannot find the problem, but the last reason why it does not work is because of a problem with the iOS 14.3. Am I the only one who have this problem?

I can try later if no one beats me to it. I was using one before 14.3 with no problem.

I think that the controller was working since iOS 13. All was all good until iOS 14.3. I don't know how to downgrade my iOS. I'm not 100% sure, but the IOS is the last reason why the controller is not working.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252189289

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I think that the controller was working since iOS 13. All was all good until iOS 14.3. I don't know how to downgrade my iOS. I'm not 100% sure, but the IOS is the last reason why the controller is not working.

Just tested an Xbox controller on my phone (12 Pro Max) running iOS 14.3 and it worked without issue in The Pathless. Also works on my iPad (10.5 Pro) running iOS 13.7

• edited January 2021

@richardyot said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Just tested an Xbox controller on my phone (12 Pro Max) running iOS 14.3 and it worked without issue in The Pathless. Also works on my iPad (10.5 Pro) running iOS 13.7

I should have been more precise: I have the Xbox One Core controller release in November 2020. The previous generation works fine, but not the new one even if Apple and Microsoft work together.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@richardyot said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I should have been more precise: I have the Xbox One Core controller release in November 2020. The previous generation works fine, but not the new one even if Apple and Microsoft work together.

Oh right, mine is an older Xbox One controller.

• Ah, I didn't get a chance to try, but mine is an older controller as well.

• I don't know if my controller is a "core" or not, but it works flawlessly on iPadOS 14.3.
    Here it is :

• @Gratouilli said:
    I don't know if my controller is a "core" or not, but it works flawlessly on iPadOS 14.3.
    Here it is :

It's not the newest version.

This is the newest version (similar, but different):

• @Montreal_Music, ok, I didn't know there's been different versions when I bought mine a month ago 😂🙈

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Gratouilli said:
    I don't know if my controller is a "core" or not, but it works flawlessly on iPadOS 14.3.
    Here it is :

Exactly. The three-button one doesn't work. I found out the hard way with my AppleTV.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Here it is :

Exactly. The three-button one doesn't work. I found out the hard way with my AppleTV.

On the box it says "iOS compatible". We just have to wait for an update. But, when?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Here it is :

On the box it says "iOS compatible". We just have to wait for an update. But, when?

Just yesterday I saw something about 14.5 adding support for Xbox X and PS5 controllers. Hopefully the One Core or whatever gets caught in that update.

• @Liquidmantis said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Here it is :

Just yesterday I saw something about 14.5 adding support for Xbox X and PS5 controllers. Hopefully the One Core or whatever gets caught in that update.

Oh nice! Do we have an ETA for the 14.5?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Here it is :

Oh nice! Do we have an ETA for the 14.5?

Not sure, but this also includes a Watch-based workaround for Face ID issues from wearing a mask, so it might get fast tracked.

This article has a picture of the 3 button Xbox controller, so maybe you have the Xbox X controller? That would make more sense than a new Xbox One controller that isn't compatible.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2021/02/01/ios-14-5-xbox-ps5-controller-support/

• edited February 2021

@Montreal_Music ...

I love all the puzzle games by Bart Bonte ... latest one is Pink. https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/pink-game/id1548980409

He also has Black, Yellow, Red, Blue I think. Free, and you only see adverts if you get solution hints. Mind bending but they make sense and you have to think out the box.

• @craftycurate said:
    @Montreal_Music ...

I love all the puzzle games by Bart Bonte ... latest one is Pink. https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/pink-game/id1548980409

He also has Black, Yellow, Red, Blue I think. Free, and you only see adverts if you get solution hints. Mind bending but they make sense and you have to think out the box.

Thank you!

Any update about the iOS 14.5? I googled it, but I have no answer. If someone knows when the iOS 14.5 will be out, please let me know.

• Very fun and clever puzzle game that plays with colors.

• Not puzzle game, but one of the best Indie Game ever (with Hollow Knight):

• A somewhat puzzle like game, more action/strategy but Kingsman: The Secret Service is FREE usually $2.99. I played and liked it. Doesn’t look super long though...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kingsman-the-secret-service/id1272632812

• Annapurna Interactive games on sale (Journey, Donut Country, Florence, etc.) - https://apps.apple.com/developer/id1242610251

• Holedown, just in case it hasn't already been mentioned: https://www.holedown.com