Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best IOS Puzzle Games! Any suggestions?

Comments

• @Montreal_Music said:
    @Gavinski said:
    I'm not much of a gamer, but I'll +1 Inside for sure, it's absolutely fantastic. And has a really, really profound ending to boot....

I recently finished the game. It was...special. I'm not intelligent enough to understand the ending so, I'm turning to you; could you please explain to me the "prodound ending"? I read a couple of comments about this game, and I feel that I am the only one who do not understang the story.

Thank you :)

If you like Inside, then Limbo is a must, by the same Danish development team. Perhaps even more atmospheric. Wonderful soundtrack.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Prog1967 said:
    Puzzles are my favorite games

Blek
    Tsuro
    The Room
    Leos Fortune
    Tiny bubbles
    Threes
    Perspecto
    Talos Principle
    Lara Croft Go
    Hook
    Push
    Hitman Go
    The Sequence
    Qb
    Causality
    Hexa Turn
    Colorzzle
    Lume

Your suggestions were SOOOO good. I bought all the games that I did not had. Leo's Fortune is really something. The only game I did not enjoy was Talos Principale. All the others suggestions were pure joy.

If you wish to add to the list, I will be really happy.

Thank you!

Fez, Love you to bits, Starman, puzzle 13, logi, where shadows slumber, swimout (in the vein of lara croft go), frost and the guides. There is this game that is not exactly a puzzle per se but I find relaxing called hidden folks which is in the vein of where is waldo, it is in black and white and to me an enjoyable one when I just want to let my mind drift a little

• @Prog1967 said:

Fez, Love you to bits, Starman, puzzle 13, logi, where shadows slumber, swimout (in the vein of lara croft go), frost and the guides. There is this game that is not exactly a puzzle per se but I find relaxing called hidden folks which is in the vein of where is waldo, it is in black and white and to me an enjoyable one when I just want to let my mind drift a little

Thank you for this! I recently discoverd Unit 404 on iOS on Black Friday. Then I bought Sequence by the same developper and the game is excellent. I made some research about the game to learn that it was inspired by Opus Magnum (for PC only) and I bought the game. It's really good. It's a puzzle game where you have to programs things and make elements. On paper it's not my kind of game, but in practice, yes. And the graphic are amazing.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Prog1967 said:

Thank you for this! I recently discoverd Unit 404 on iOS on Black Friday. Then I bought Sequence by the same developper and the game is excellent. I made some research about the game to learn that it was inspired by Opus Magnum (for PC only) and I bought the game. It's really good. It's a puzzle game where you have to programs things and make elements. On paper it's not my kind of game, but in practice, yes. And the graphic are amazing.

Fez is really good and a long game. I haven't finished it. And there is still a lot to discover

• @Prog1967 said:

Fez is really good and a long game. I haven't finished it. And there is still a lot to discover

Bought it! I think it was a PC game at first. It's fun to had it on the AppStore.

• Just finished The Pathless and I think it might be my favorite iOS game. Similar vibe to Breath Of The Wild, lots of free exploration and really interesting puzzles scattered throughout the world. And you can't die, so it's a lot like Journey or Sky Children Of Light.

Excellent music too.

• edited December 2020

@Montreal_Music said:

@Prog1967 said:

Bought it! I think it was a PC game at first. It's fun to had it on the AppStore.

It is a PC port. I loved it but it was so big I wasn't able to finish it. It's definitely a Metroidvania type game, and if you can keep track of what you've done and where you need to go do to things in the game, you might finish it but there were too many loose ends for me. That's not a criticism of the game - it is amazing - more about my personal limits with this type of game.

The whole 2D/3D switching concept is quite unique and well worth experiencing.

• @Vip8888 said:
    One of my favourite’s is Simon Tatham’s Puzzles. Free collection of great games:

https://apps.apple.com/se/app/simon-tathams-portable-puzzle-collection/id622220631?l=en

Is that the same Simon who develops PuTTY?!? :o

• Beautiful puzzle game. Unique and original. At a very good price.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Beautiful puzzle game. Unique and original. At a very good price.

Gororgoa is amazing. Finished it about 2 months ago. Nice story and nice puzzles

• @Tarekith said:
    Just finished The Pathless and I think it might be my favorite iOS game. Similar vibe to Breath Of The Wild, lots of free exploration and really interesting puzzles scattered throughout the world. And you can't die, so it's a lot like Journey or Sky Children Of Light.

Excellent music too.

Super nice game, thanks for the suggestion!

• edited December 2020

Currently playing through A Monster’s Expedition and so far it’s a great lesson in elegant puzzle/game design. Charmingly presented too. Worth the free trial of Apple Arcade if you haven’t used it yet. That said, I’m using a PS4 controller—I can’t imagine it would be as gratifying using touch controls.

• Anyone mention KAMI yet? This is the most fun I’ve had with a puzzle game in a while. So chill and almost tactile. Love this one!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kami-2/id1133161444

• Edit, I guess KAMI 2 is out and that’s what I linked. Guess I’m getting that! I’ve only played the first one

• My top 3
    The Room, Push, and Sudoku

I've gone extremely crazy with Sudoku in the last few weeks. I play it all the time. Moreover, I get a strange kind of pleasure when I see a solved puzzle. Last time I felt the same when I played Tetris.

• @craftycurate said:
    GRIS is on sale right now (£1.99 instead of £4.99) More of a puzzle platformer, perhaps even Metriodvania-esque to a degree, not sure if that's included in what you're after. Has beautiful artwork, soundtrack and story and it has ported really well to iOS.

This game is fantastic 🥰

• @Obo said:
    Anyone mention KAMI yet? This is the most fun I’ve had with a puzzle game in a while. So chill and almost tactile. Love this one!

KAMI and KAMI 2 are OUTSTANDING games! The music is nice, the graphics, the game, etc. I love all about this game. If you want a puzzle game as good as KAMI, try Quell.

I will soon try Cosmic Express a game in wich you need to draw rail for a train in the space. It looks like a fun and clever puzzle game.

• edited December 2020

I finally "collected them all" and now the sales thread isn't very painful to my wallet, but then you all had to go and create this thread, filled with amazing shiny baubles. Luckily, I've grabbed quite a few of these in the past and this is reminding me to get back to them. It's ridiculous how much of a blatant copy of "The Room" "The House of DaVinci" is. But IMNSHO there's always room for more The Room.

• @Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:
    GRIS is on sale right now (£1.99 instead of £4.99) More of a puzzle platformer, perhaps even Metriodvania-esque to a degree, not sure if that's included in what you're after. Has beautiful artwork, soundtrack and story and it has ported really well to iOS.

This game is fantastic 🥰

It is amazing isn't it! I love everything about this game, and how the elements blend to create an immersive experience.

I love how it is a game, an interactive artwork, or perhaps even a wordless graphic novel, all rolled into one, though it is fully a game all the while.

• Probably 1 US dollars. This is a really fun and original game. Worth every penny of your good old dollar.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Obo said:
    Anyone mention KAMI yet? This is the most fun I’ve had with a puzzle game in a while. So chill and almost tactile. Love this one!

KAMI and KAMI 2 are OUTSTANDING games! The music is nice, the graphics, the game, etc. I love all about this game. If you want a puzzle game as good as KAMI, try Quell.

Yeah, everything about KAMI is just spot on. The satisfaction of seeing/hearing those little squares flip is a real wonder (why the hell is it so satisfying?)

I’m pretty stoked to find out there’s a second one out, going to grab that and I’m also going to try Quell based on your recommendation. I don’t love most puzzle games actually... I’ve figured out that I lose interest in the vast majority of games out there. The week I purchased KAMI, I think I grabbed 8-9 games that caught my eye and KAMI is really the only one that stuck with me. I end up going back to the App Store on the others to confirm I actually got the correct game “this is what everyone is raving about? Huh.”

The other game that I enjoyed out of that weeding out process was a game called “Hook”. Possible it’s already been mentioned here. Admittedly, I kind of browsed through the thread as most of the games don’t do it for me!

• @Obo said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Obo said:

Yeah, everything about KAMI is just spot on. The satisfaction of seeing/hearing those little squares flip is a real wonder (why the hell is it so satisfying?)

I’m pretty stoked to find out there’s a second one out, going to grab that and I’m also going to try Quell based on your recommendation. I don’t love most puzzle games actually... I’ve figured out that I lose interest in the vast majority of games out there. The week I purchased KAMI, I think I grabbed 8-9 games that caught my eye and KAMI is really the only one that stuck with me. I end up going back to the App Store on the others to confirm I actually got the correct game “this is what everyone is raving about? Huh.”

The other game that I enjoyed out of that weeding out process was a game called “Hook”. Possible it’s already been mentioned here. Admittedly, I kind of browsed through the thread as most of the games don’t do it for me!

I think Hook was mentioned. Very nice but short. I also recently bought this for like 2$. Very nice.

"You will strategically turn hexagons to block triangle's way to the squares."

• edited December 2020

@Prog1967 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Prog1967 said:
    Puzzles are my favorite games

Blek
    Tsuro
    The Room
    Leos Fortune
    Tiny bubbles
    Threes
    Perspecto
    Talos Principle
    Lara Croft Go
    Hook
    Push
    Hitman Go
    The Sequence
    Qb
    Causality
    Hexa Turn
    Colorzzle
    Lume

Good taste! If you love The Room, I swear, you will love The House of Da Vinci!

Forgot House of Da Vinci. Almost all of these puzzles that I sent are nothing like the room but they are entertaining. The Talos principle is really difficult to grasp but once you got it you are hooked, kind of like the room in places. If you love the room this would be the one you have to check first

I bought The Talos Principale recently. Did not liked it. Delete the game. Heard A LOT of good things about it. Re-installed it. And now I'm giving the game a second chance. But I'm never sure where to go. Is there a something that I need to know before playing? The story is short at the beginning. The game is 50$ on Playstation. At that price, it is a steal:

• @craftycurate said:

@Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:

This game is fantastic 🥰

It is amazing isn't it! I love everything about this game, and how the elements blend to create an immersive experience.

I love how it is a game, an interactive artwork, or perhaps even a wordless graphic novel, all rolled into one, though it is fully a game all the while.

I've finished it pretty quick (2 evenings) but, it's been one of my most immersive expérience on iPad. I hope there will be another one in the same league 🤞🏼

• @Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:

@Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:

This game is fantastic 🥰

I've finished it pretty quick (2 evenings) but, it's been one of my most immersive expérience on iPad. I hope there will be another one in the same league 🤞🏼

Speaking of puzzle and deduction, your nickname sounds like a nickname someone from France would takes. Parles-tu français? :)

• @Montreal_Music said:
    ...Parles-tu français? :)

Bien mieux qu'l'anglais, effectivement 😂🙈😉

• @Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:

@Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:

This game is fantastic 🥰

Did you find the secret ending?

• Anyone else hooked on Good Sudoku?

My vote for top 3 puzzle games on iOS:

Threes
    Monument Valley 1&2
    Patterns (Apple Arcade)

• @craftycurate said:

@Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:

@Gratouilli said:

@craftycurate said:

This game is fantastic 🥰

Did you find the secret ending?

A secret ending ? I don't know, and I don't suppose I did 🤔.
    I haven't watched any video of the game because I didn't want to be disturbed by any "clue"...

So there's an other ending ? Really ?
    I'm going to download the game another time and play the last chapter again ! 😅

I had hesitate to climb on the "stars" or jump on the left... don't tell me anything ! 😂