Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Some ambient/kraut/electronica tracks

edited March 2014 in Creations

Check it out:

https://soundcloud.com/m-rstr-nd

These are exclusively made with two iPads, but (admittedly) recorded into Ableton. I use tons of apps, but heavily featured are Samplr, iSEM, Animoog, the AUFX apps, Droneo, Robotic Drums... and many more.

Comments

• This is good stuff!

Do you record track by track into Live? Rearrange stuff in Live?

I've been gravitating back to my computer lately, recording/arranging in Logic. iOS DAW apps are a amazing (especially for the price!) but really are still a long way off from their desktop counterparts.

• edited March 2014

Thanks!

Yeah, I agree the iOS DAW's are limited, and I haven't really been able to get a nice workflow. Also, I want to use both of my iPads for sounds simultaneously, so I actually have them hooked up to a small mixer and into Live.

I've tried a few iOS DAW's; one of these tracks is recorded into Multitrack DAW and another into Auria, and then I just recorded them into Live and added a little compression, basically. The third is recorded track by track into Live, but I only adjusted the levels a bit. I think I've settled for that method now.

One of the reasons I got into iOS was that I needed to get away from my computer, and also sort of make things a bit more difficult for myself. But I've tried various things, even sequencing apps from Live via Apollo (a bit fiddly, but it works).

Right now, I'm making a bit more freeform/jammy stuff, like these tracks, and I don't spend too much time on them, so I just record them track by track into Ableton, like takes. Most of it is just played live, pretty much improvised.