Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi IDAM and Audio Midi Setup

Hey,

Midi IDAM is great but why do we have to go to Audio Midi Setup and click enable to have iPad send or receive MIDI? This often disrupt my workflow because every time I disconnect the iPad briefly or the computer goes to sleep, I lose the MIDI connection between my DAW and the iPad and I have to manually re-enable it.

Is there a way to avoid this?

If not, is there a way to create a little script that we can keep in the dock and that we only have to click launch once to re-enable things in Audio Midi Setup?

Also would using a Midi interface prevent Midi being lost when disconnecting or laptop going to sleep?

ps. I know there's bluetooth but I use an iPad air 2 and bluetooth midi has always been sketchy and unreliable sadly.