Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spinn - Multiband Modulator by Klevgränd produkter AB

https://apps.apple.com/app//id1508181276

Description:

Spinn is a 4 band rotating modulation effect. It’s a bit similar to a Leslie but not aiming to replicate this character. 4 rotors with individual speed controls, acceleration and deceleration times, adjustable size and modulation. Each band also has a velocity control, which will adjust the speed according to the bands input level. Spinn features custom amp modelling (clean or hot) and room simulation.

Note! Spinn is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.

Global features:

• Speed mode - (Slow, Fast, Off).
  • Room - (Small, Medium, Big) with mix control.
  • Amp - Clean or hot with 3 band equaliser and a drive control.
  • Stereo width control.
  • Crossover points
  • Input and output controls.

And for each band:

• Size - The rotor size
  • Mod - Modulation amount
  • Slow and fast speed control
  • Acceleration and deceleration times
  • Velocity - makes the speed change with input level
  • Level - Band level

Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/spinn-docs/

Audio examples and more info at https://klevgrand.se/products/spinn

Comments

• Not a reel to reel then!

Now I wonder how this compares to Rotary?

• From the examples on their site it’s much less ‘effecty’ than Rotary. I bought that and wish I hadn’t. This one sounds nice on their guitar examples but I’ll have to try the demo first, I think.

• @qryss said:
    From the examples on their site it’s much less ‘effecty’ than Rotary. I bought that and wish I hadn’t. This one sounds nice on their guitar examples but I’ll have to try the demo first, I think.

Interesting. I was thinking this was more effecty with the acceleration/deceleration that I’m not sire Rotary has (without doing it manually).

• Wow. Big yawn. First no insta-buy from them I think ever.

• I'm too busy re-discovering Logic Pro X 10.5 to even be remotely interested in this :D
    Got a plenty good Leslie in Logic already...
    (New apps will really have to be something special and that's good to avoid falling into app-o-holism again).

• I tried the demo and I don’t think it’s for me unfortunately. I have Spin (the rotary part of Blue 3 from GG Audio) and that sounds great to my ears for the Leslie effect (although I mainly use its Yamaha RA-200 emulation).

In fact, Spinn is quite effecty - not what I thought from the demos. I also found the presets did really weird things to the tonal balance of a guitar sound, either making it ear-piercingly shrill or muffled.

I wasn’t sure where I would use any of its presets but I haven’t been able to explore it properly yet. I may do that but I think it is not what I am looking for. YMMV, of course.

• First time pass also for me😂😂😂

• I think it sounds pretty good! It's definitely not something that every preset will sound good on everything. Some will suit better than others. Tutorial coming shortly!

• yes! i totally guessed it. it is a rotary speaker effect

• I bought this, but when I decided to review it, I asked Klevgrand for a code. So maybe one of you lucky folk will be getting a code later by the way 😜

• I quite like it, it's good for mangling sounds, more so than a more traditional effect.

• @Gavinski said:
    I bought this, but when I decided to review it, I asked Klevgrand for a code. So maybe one of you lucky folk will be getting a code later by the way 😜

I just bought it too😂😂😂wtf I just wrote I won’t buy it😂😂😂😂I’m bipolar

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Gavinski said:
    I bought this, but when I decided to review it, I asked Klevgrand for a code. So maybe one of you lucky folk will be getting a code later by the way 😜

U want to start an fx-appaholic anonymous group with me? 🤪

• @Gavinski said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@Gavinski said:

U want to start an fx-appaholic anonymous group with me? 🤪

It will be a real pleasure 🤘

• any1 care to make a video

• @noob said:
    any1 care to make a video

I just did. Check the forum lol, posted just now

• edited May 2020

I just made this in Drambo in five minutes.
    I honestly don’t know what this app does other than modulate volume, pitch and tone, along with a simple amp sim?
    Not heard of Rotary Mod before, but that seems to have more ‘emulation’ going on behind the hood. Is that correct?

• Would love to see / hear that !@jameslondon74

• edited May 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Would love to see / hear that !@jameslondon74

I might fully develop it and add it to patchstorage.
    I simply threw in modulating pitch, amp and filter x 4, plus of course whatever back end I like, reverb, distortion, phaser etc.

I’m not dismissing the work this app developer has done, I just want to know exactly what the app offers? What’s the USP?

Funny - my go to question now on any of these things is “can I do this in Drambo?”. It’s saving me money!

• Yes sure, I can imagine it is probably easily done in drambo, must finally get round to starting to learn it soon

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes sure, I can imagine it is probably easily done in drambo, must finally get round to starting to learn it soon

Drambo is a wet dream of an app. I won't go into it here because this thread isn't about Drambo (a lot of threads become Drambo threads!).

But I think app developers will need to be clearer and more creative about their apps now that something like Drambo is on the scene.

• So I see hear it right there is Not much reel wow flutter and stuff like that going on?! This would be my cup of tea right now

• Watch clips of a few vids and you’ll know quickly enough if it is or not

• It's a shame you can't build manners in Drambo uh.
    "I can build that in Drambo" was getting boring in every thread asking if XYZ plugin existed, but posting it in every new release thread is just disgusting.

• @Turntablist said:
    It's a shame you can't build manners in Drambo uh.

😂😂😂

• Some people like building things. It's ok. Drambo it's so new, folks are excited and there is need to compensate for the long Drambo thread, now that's gone :wink: ...
    Eventually things will dim out a bit, builders will have fun building and others will have fun trying what others have built - I hope.