Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Go:Keys and Midi CCs

edited May 2020 in Other

A few months ago I bought a Roland Go:Keys as a portable and lightweight keyboard with decent sounds that I could use for an occasional gig without having to lug around my more comprehensive but decidedly heavier keyboard. I recently researched the origin of its sounds and learned that it basically shares its soundset with the rather more expensive Juno-DS and that set me wondering - the DS has front panel controls to edit the sounds which the Go:Keys lacks, but would it respond in the same way if I sent the right Midi CCs, and guess what - it does! So if you have a Go:Keys, you might be interested to know which CCs control what and here is what I have found:
CC 5 - portamento time (see also CC 65)
CC 7 - volume
CC 10 - pan
CC 11 - expression
CC 65 - portamento On/Off
CC 71 - Filter Resonance
CC 72 - Release Time
CC 73 - Attack Time
CC 74 - Filter Cutoff
CC 75 - Decay Time
CC 76 - Vibrato Rate
CC 77 - Vibrato Depth
CC 78 - Vibrato Delay
CC 91 - Reverb Send
CC 93 - Chorus Send
CC 126 - Mono Operation
CC 127 - Poly Operation

So there is quite a lot of editing/tweaking you can do, although you can’t save any new presets. And these respond to automation too (tested from Cubasis), so drive them from an lfo for example to have tremolo, auto-wah and auto-pan type functionality. I have seen criticism of Roland for not publishing a Midi compatibility chart for this keyboard - perhaps this is why!

Comments

• edited May 2020

This is a little template I made using Send Midi (which is part of Ape Matrix I believe) in Cubasis. Which is great because you can control each pair of parameters with an XY pad.