Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MiRack noob questions

I understand the basic of miRack, but it have a couple of inputs and output I don’t understand.

1-On the oscillator, where can I link the FM output?
2-What is PHS stand for?
3-Why I can’t link the Mix out of the oscillator in the IN of the mixer?
4-What is V/OCT on the oscillator? Where can I link it?

I watched a couples of YouTube videos about miRack but they obvious dont cover ALL the details of each elements of the rack.

If a noob like me read this thread, dont hesitate asking question about miRack, I will try to answer the questions if I can.

Thanks!

Comments

• @Montreal_Music said:

I understand the basic of miRack, but it have a couple of inputs and output I don’t understand.

Just to be clear, the outputs on the module are the jacks on the grey background. All other jacks are inputs.

The jack labeled FM is an input. You feed it an oscillator; a low frequencies it will produce a vibrato effect, at audio rate you get FM synthesis.

2-What is PHS stand for?

Those adjust the phase of the waveforms. I.e. where in the waveform cycle the wave starts.

Works fine for me - are you plugging the Mix output (on the grey background)? The Mix jacks on the white background are CV inputs to control the levels of each waveform in the mix.

"Volt per octave" it's the standard input for pitch control of oscillators. Plug in a keyboard, sequencer, the MIDI input, etc.

I watched a couples of YouTube videos about miRack but they obvious dont cover ALL the details of each elements of the rack.

If a noob like me read this thread, dont hesitate asking question about miRack, I will try to answer the questions if I can.

Thanks!

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

You're gonna need an envelope and VCA after that oscillator unless you just want to hear a constant drone.

• Thank you> @aplourde said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Just to be clear, the outputs on the module are the jacks on the grey background. All other jacks are inputs.

The jack labeled FM is an input. You feed it an oscillator; a low frequencies it will produce a vibrato effect, at audio rate you get FM synthesis.

2-What is PHS stand for?

Those adjust the phase of the waveforms. I.e. where in the waveform cycle the wave starts.

Works fine for me - are you plugging the Mix output (on the grey background)? The Mix jacks on the white background are CV inputs to control the levels of each waveform in the mix.

"Volt per octave" it's the standard input for pitch control of oscillators. Plug in a keyboard, sequencer, the MIDI input, etc.

Thanks!

Merci!

• Just to add, most of these modules have actual on-line manuals, either for their VCV existence, or their actual hardware existence. For example, search for Bogaudio XCO and you can find a large manual for all their modules. MiRack just brings these modules from the real world into our iPads.