Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that have good UI for phones

Just ordered the se2 It’s been a while since I made music on a phone. What current apps do you think are well designed for phone use ?

Comments

• Personally I rarely encounter an app that has a phone version that I deem unusable. When I do, it’s always an AUv3 plugin with small text/controls in a in small window (like Riffer or Eos2). But your mileage may vary.

• Things can get fiddly on my SE (first gen), but I've enjoyed using NanoStudio 2 and SunVox.

• Caustic is very usable on phone. That is my only music app on my phone.

• FAC apps, Drambo, Koala

• Very usable on the small screen:
    Audiobus 3, Loopy HD, Koala, Streemur, AudioShare, AUM, Drambo, Impaktor, Nanostudio 2, Audio Evolution Mobile, Triqtraq, BlocsWave, Launchpad, ChordPolyPad, DXi, Virsyn ReSlice, all Blamsoft apps, Laplace, Spectrum Synth Bundle, Pure Synth Platinum, SpaceCraft, Zeeon

Limited:
    Lagrange (Nice large knobs but needs a lot of scrolling), AudioLayer (if you've prepared the instrument on the iPad).

• Gadget – good in portrait (as well as landscape).

• Triqtraq

• SE2 has a bit larger screen than SE1, so I think most apps should be pretty usable

On my SE ver 1, I usually keep AUM, Nanostudio 2, Elastic Drums, Groovebox + Blocs Wave, Groove Rider, Zeeon, Viking, bs-16i, Beathawk, iElectribe, Thumbjam

• edited May 2020

GarageBand, NS2, Zenbeats, Gadget, Audiobus, AUM, Apematrix, AudioShare, GroupTheLoop, Loopy, Blocswave, Launchpad, Groovebox, Xequence, iFretless, Thumbjam, Geoshred, MidiFire, TETuner, Lurssen Mastering Console, Velocity Keyboard, KRFT, TouchOSC, Koala, Beathawk, SessionBand, DDMF’s, AudioDamage’s, FAC’s, Blamsoft’s, Brambos’s, 4Pockets’s, Bleass’s, Iceworks’s, Roli Noise, Figure...

In fact, almost everything is ok. For more comfort, it’s always possible to use iOS zooming when needed, but with practice you will even don’t need to.

• And of course, The old stuff, like SoundPrism, ThumbJam, FingerBeat, DM1, SunrizerXS etc..

• Figure. In the words of Angry Joe...

• Thanks everyone. Sounds like things have improved from the days of the original se

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@SheffieldBleep said:
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like things have improved from the days of the original se

Some things remain classics forever...

https://apps.apple.com/app/bebot-robot-synth/id300309944

• edited May 2020

Caustic, NS2 and Zenbeats (FREE) on my iPhone 6

• I like beathawk, impc Pro 2 , Koala, GR-16, Imachine 2 , Bleass Groovebox, ipoly 2, Different Drummer,ielectribe, elasticdrums, Groovebox, reason compact.

• https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bip/id580008573

So close to being one of the best for a phone sized screen. Could do with a serious update and a bit of newer ios love. Fantasticly well designed but difficult to recommend for current music app needs.

• I say EG Pulse because you can live record and the drumpads are easy to play.
    Ruismaker Noir has its internal sequencer and it is not to fiddly to work with on the phone. The same goes for Ripplemaker. However i has to be used as stand alone or IAA because you don’t have access to kts internal sequencer when the app runs as an AUV3.
    And the of course SpaceCraft. Man i love that one! It is just so meditative. Who need a singing bowl when you have SpaceCraft?