Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Boom 808! new app from Pulse Code

Dope beats for iOS with slick interface and AB support. Very nice.

Comments

• No its cool found it on the Pulse Code website, on another note I'm having problems with my notifications, can some one please do me a favour, well a couple.
    Can someone send me a private message from here.
    And can you also make a comment on the new alchemy video from thesoundtestroom channel, and then if possible subscribe.
    Thanks

• Boom 808 integrates one of the most popular drum machines of the 80's into the modern mobile producers workflow. With Boom 808, getting the classic 808 drum sounds into your music has never been easier. Audiobus compatibility, background audio, and audio export options allow Boom 808 to fit into your music without slowing you down.

FEATURES:

Step sequencer
    High fidelity audio
    Audiobus and background audio modes
    Audio copy
    CoreMIDI
    modern flat design
    In-app help
    Compressor
    Classic synthesizers
    Swing
    Overdrive

• Very good and a bargain, thanks

• Cheers man, not sure if I need another drum box though.

• edited March 2014

Isn't this the same as the DR-8 in Rhythm Studio. Plus Rhythm Studio is universal. I know this is very cheap but I'm just asking if there's anything to gain by purchasing this if you already have that. I like Pulse Code a lot I have to say. The Modular is one good sounding, good looking app thats universal and you can do a lot of cool stuff with it even before you pay anything and when you pay it's very reasonable.

• Are you going to do a video of this one Doug?

• Yes I've just finished it, I have to render it and all that, then I have a few things to do, but should be live sometime later

• TR 808 okay...
    Allready have rebirth, dm1, modrum, drumjam....
    Is there a reason why i need this one?.....
    Then tell me please. ;-)

• Can't think of a need for yet another 808 either, but hey I will still watch the vid.

• For a buck, why not. Even though I have rhythm studio. I just reinstalled dm1 again, and I don't like the sounds, especially the 808.

• No explanation needed really

• I really like the 808 pattern posters by Rob Ricketts so I transcribed them for Boom 808. There are 12 songs in the .zip file that you can load via iTunes file sharing. Some great old school beats.

• @Jesse said:

I really like the 808 pattern posters by Rob Ricketts so I transcribed them for Boom 808. There are 12 songs in the .zip file that you can load via iTunes file sharing. Some great old school beats.

Thanks.

• @Jesse said:

I really like the 808 pattern posters by Rob Ricketts so I transcribed them for Boom 808. There are 12 songs in the .zip file that you can load via iTunes file sharing. Some great old school beats.

How do i open them in boom 808 ?

• Yeah I'd like to know that too

• Voodoo Ray and Planet Rock! Excellent

• encenc
    edited March 2014

For those that want to program their own electro beats ....

http://www.robricketts.co.uk/programyour808/index.html

Use the arrows < > to skip through the various posters.

• Hi @Jesse dropped the files into app via iTunes file share but cannot see them loaded. Have tried the zip and unzipped formats.

• @enc said:

For those that want to program their own electro beats ....

http://www.robricketts.co.uk/programyour808/index.html

Use the arrows < > to skip through the various posters.

Very nice, thanks for these :-)

• just spent 15 mins programming Al Naayfiysh tried to save it and lost the frikkin lot >:-c

• encenc
    edited March 2014

@thinds said:

Hi @Jesse dropped the files into app via iTunes file share but cannot see them loaded. Have tried the zip and unzipped formats.

i can see them imported into itunes file share but when i try to import them into boom 808 i get nothing to import message ?

• same here

• How true is this to the actual Roland TR-808? Does it have all of the same features? How accurate is the sound? I posted this question on another thread, but it doesn't look like it got answered, so I thought someone who knows might answer here. :-)

• encenc
    edited March 2014

Its never come close to the real thing but at the end of the day it cost .69p a real 808 is going to cost you around £2.5K these days LOL !

IMO, sounds pretty realistic.

Much better than DM1 !

very similar in sound and layout to the EGDR 808 but easier to write in song mode with (in my limited time with it)

it would be nice to be able to mute individual instruments ! future update maybe?

• @thinds and enc
    Sorry they didn't work for you, I don't why they don't show up. I tested importing them for myself and it worked. Anyway if you go to Rob Ricketts site you can pretty quickly program them.

I've been bussing this with AufxSpace and I think it sounds about the best of the iPad emulated 808's. For this price it's really good.

• Thanks anyway @Jesse. Maybe if Pulse Code is around he could shed some light on importing/sharing presets.