Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipad mini 5 ?

Has anyone been using one, wondering if the screen might be to cramped for some of the music apps ? I own a 2017 ipad with 9.7 screen, want the apple pencil and i like the mini form factor.

Comments

• edited May 2020

Yeah, been using a mini 5 for the last year, after upgrading from a 9.7 iPad 3. I love the fact that I have something the size of a moleskin notebook that is capable of so much.

I don’t find the reduced screen real estate much of an issue most of the time. You definitely want an Apple pencil ....it works really well especially for apps that have fiddly UIs. I’m not daunted, even by something like Thesys when armed with it.

Where I did notice the screen restriction impacting my workflow was with arranging a large project - in Auria Pro in this case. But much of that frustration was down to shortcomings in Auria’s editing tools and some bugs which for me still remain even after the latest update. I got there in the end and just the fact that I could arrange and mix a 36 track project with 7 subgroups on something this grabbable is incredibly satisfying.

Which apps are you concerned about being cramped? I can cross check with what I use my end and maybe allay some of your concerns.