Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The FX of being lost

edited March 2014 in General App Discussion

The following is a list if vocal FX apps I have currently retained:

VocaLive

Rooms!

ImproVox

Singaling

I have been experimenting with all of these in GarageBand and I'm getting nowhere. I cannot get anything I'm trying to record through them into GB; I've tried using them in either the Effects slot or the Input slot (providing they're accessible in either), but I think that I don't have enough basic info on how to use them or set them up properly. I don't know if the 7.1 update has done something (for example, I can't access the AB controls in GB when using ImproVox) so I need some help - and I think I need tutoring in how to use the FX apps period - I find the Help instructions & video tutes either glossing over the details or some devs think I possess basic info that obviously I do not. Please, someone... guide me, please! All the way! Don't hold back even if you think the smallest little detail for operating these apps is beneath either of us. It apparently isn't in my case.

This stuff can make one feel really stupid... :-(

Comments

• edited March 2014

I have found setting these up in this order helps, audiobus-input-fx-output. While I'm not a fan of ios daw (yet)' garage band and multitrack daw are what I use when I'm not at my desktop and then it's transferred to desktop when I am. You should be using the sampler and reading the on screen instructions in GarageBand when using audiobus. I have 3 of the 4 you mentioned above working in that manner (Rooms! Chokes on my system though), 7.1, ipad2. Not to make things worse for you, but I generally have little trouble nowadays getting my signal through audiobus, albeit it is usually output through external gear into a desktop. Methodical experimenting is usually worth it as I noticed what works for some may not for others.

Fair the well.

• Actually, I have been using GB to record vocals through the iPhone mic up to now, and I've been fairly satisfied with the results (given how good the vocals may or not be), but something has changed there as of late, and since I have these apps I thought I should get a little more serious about using them and see if they might address some issues. I'm not an audio engineer and I'm venturing into some fairly unknown territory, but I am at least hoping some basic audio tweaking would be helpful - if I can get my brain wrapped around the subject! Thank you for the info.

• I was able to record effected vocals in GB using Singaling in the AB i/p slot. I used the audio recorder instrument in GB.