Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution vs nTrack Studio experiences/feedback in 2020 ?

Read through the forum pages and some google searches still at a loss ... looking for some help in figuring which way to go, I have Auria but never got along with it( will revisit) . Currently using NS2 with BM3( sampler/slice editor) Looking for DAW to complete trinity for recording audio tracks, eg. Bass, vocals, etc. (It would be great if NS2 had it but from what I have read it's its a 50/50 split if and when that may happen) and main priority is stability.
thanks for your input !

Comments

  • edited May 17

    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

  • @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I wouldn’t call ZB an ergonomic nightmare. Once I learned it I get around as easily as...

  • edited May 17

    @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...>

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    @dendy I agree with you totally, except n-Track Pro has not crashed on me since version 9.1 received its 2nd update. (The bought version, NOT the subscription)
    I use Audio Evolution and its wonderful, rock solid. I prefer n-Track because it has more control of EQs, Effects, Automations than I can get with AE. They’re also updating all the time and adding new loops and synths and etc to the Loop Browser section.
    I’m on the current IOS13 version and it seems like all my DAWs crash more easily on 13 than 12 or 11...

  • maybe i'm too demanding , which is partially caused by fact i'm developer too and to make UI totaly fool proof easy to understand was always my top priority... believe or not, i have some criticism about few UI details even in NS2 :)))

  • I actually done some mixes with Audio Evo just yesterday after leaving it for a couple years. Fantastic sound with the built in eq on each channel strip. But the UI is so dull looking and the editing a bit fiddly. Will use it for mixing though because the sound quality .

  • @dendy said:
    maybe i'm too demanding , which is partially caused by fact i'm developer too and to make UI totaly fool proof easy to understand was always my top priority... believe or not, i have some criticism about few UI details even in NS2 :)))

    😆👍🏼 “It would be perfect if it just did this...” True of so many things!

  • Quick question, does n-track allow au midi fx with the pro/subs version, looks interesting but I can’t find an option for au midi.

  • @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I tried zenbeats it ok but not convinced yet.... i did some more searching and like what i saw in cubasis but canyou please explain the issues with Cubasis 3 vs 2 ? I see many people sayimg they will stay at version 2.

    • not a fan of Zenbeats UI
  • @joniqwest said:

    @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I tried zenbeats it ok but not convinced yet.... i did some more searching and like what i saw in cubasis but canyou please explain the issues with Cubasis 3 vs 2 ? I see many people sayimg they will stay at version 2.

    • not a fan of Zenbeats UI

    I recommend changing the skin. It’s a lot easier to manage...


  • @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I tried zenbeats it ok but not convinced yet.... i did some more searching and like what i saw in cubasis but canyou please explain the issues with Cubasis 3 vs 2 ? I see many people sayimg they will stay at version 2.

    • not a fan of Zenbeats UI

    I recommend changing the skin. It’s a lot easier to manage...


    Very nice ! ALOT easier to see, I will try this out, I actually started going through Zenbeats this past week and watched a few tutorials posted by Roland they have some webinairs that will stream this week. Does anyone know if keymapping/multisampling is possible in sampleverse ?

  • wimwim
    edited May 17

    @joniqwest said:
    Very nice ! ALOT easier to see, I will try this out, I actually started going through Zenbeats this past week and watched a few tutorials posted by Roland they have some webinairs that will stream this week. Does anyone know if keymapping/multisampling is possible in sampleverse ?

    Unfortunately no, you can't really, yet, unless they slipped a feature in recently without telling anyone.

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/762004/#Comment_762004

    It will import SFZ's though, so you could make an SFZ in something else like SynthJacker, and import it. I had mixed results when I tried that about six months ago, but it could have just been me.

  • @GrimLucky said:
    Quick question, does n-track allow au midi fx with the pro/subs version, looks interesting but I can’t find an option for au midi.

    I don’t think it does, though I’ve been emailing their support staffer (I’ve been thinking about buying into their platform) I just sent her this one. Will let you the response when it comes (usually she answers within 24 hrs)

  • @joniqwest said:

    @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I tried zenbeats it ok but not convinced yet.... i did some more searching and like what i saw in cubasis but canyou please explain the issues with Cubasis 3 vs 2 ? I see many people sayimg they will stay at version 2.

    • not a fan of Zenbeats UI

    I recommend changing the skin. It’s a lot easier to manage...


    Very nice ! ALOT easier to see, I will try this out, I actually started going through Zenbeats this past week and watched a few tutorials posted by Roland they have some webinairs that will stream this week. Does anyone know if keymapping/multisampling is possible in sampleverse ?

    Made a quick video, inspired by this post.

  • @Littlewoodg said:

    @GrimLucky said:
    Quick question, does n-track allow au midi fx with the pro/subs version, looks interesting but I can’t find an option for au midi.

    I don’t think it does, though I’ve been emailing their support staffer (I’ve been thinking about buying into their platform) I just sent her this one. Will let you the response when it comes (usually she answers within 24 hrs)

    Thanks for replying, would be good if they’re considering adding it, I’ve been playing with the free version and I think the two big pluses so far are universal and also multitrack midi editing which other DAW’s don't seem to have.

  • I’ve never got on well with NTrack for some reason and I’ve also had a good amount of crashes with it. I like AEM more but I usually use NS2 or Cubasis for composition and Auria for mixing

  • edited May 17

    N-track was subscription based (at least for Android). I was like, “Nope. Not even looking at it”.
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio has a stronger reputation here.

    I would say Garageband because it’s my DAW of choice. Zenbeats is sneaking there. Gadget 2 and Nanostudio are more like instruments for me. I use them on my tiny iPhone SE but design my patches on iPad.

    I do have Cubasis and AUM but I haven’t dived into them yet. I have Beatmaker 3 but Koala Sampler replaced it for me.

  • edited May 17

    @GrimLucky said:

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @GrimLucky said:
    Quick question, does n-track allow au midi fx with the pro/subs version, looks interesting but I can’t find an option for au midi.

    I don’t think it does, though I’ve been emailing their support staffer (I’ve been thinking about buying into their platform) I just sent her this one. Will let you the response when it comes (usually she answers within 24 hrs)

    Thanks for replying, would be good if they’re considering adding it, I’ve been playing with the free version and I think the two big pluses so far are universal and also multitrack midi editing which other DAW’s don't seem to have.

    I agree universal thing is cool. And I’m interested in DAWs with cross platform support.

    Another DAW I’m using is also cross platform, and also supports multitrack midi editing, is MultiTrackStudio... https://apps.apple.com/app/multitrackstudio-for-ipad/id776998585?ls=1&mt=8
    (It’s my current and long time best of all DAWs, but I love more than one, FLSM being another, and Cubasis...
    It might be that I have enough DAWs...)

    Here’s a fun video showing the cross platform support N track offers. (Sponsored by N-track)
    It’s Android mobile to PC, but any combination of the four platforms works...

    On a side note, by showing the nexts steps possible on even a modest desktop application, this video shows the limitations of any/all mobile DAWs.

    The thing that intrigued me about N-Track (by way of their own tutorial videos) was the fluidity of loop based production, something I’ve been shy about til now (loop based production being somehow a cheat) In the last few days thinking about N-Track stuff I’m reminded that Zenbeats (formerly Stagelight which I bought into version 1) is very much a loop based tool, in its earliest conception.
    So I’m going to try importing all the loops I bought and never used and try that shit out...

  • @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I tried zenbeats it ok but not convinced yet.... i did some more searching and like what i saw in cubasis but canyou please explain the issues with Cubasis 3 vs 2 ? I see many people sayimg they will stay at version 2.

    • not a fan of Zenbeats UI

    I recommend changing the skin. It’s a lot easier to manage...


    Very nice ! ALOT easier to see, I will try this out, I actually started going through Zenbeats this past week and watched a few tutorials posted by Roland they have some webinairs that will stream this week. Does anyone know if keymapping/multisampling is possible in sampleverse ?

    Made a quick video, inspired by this post.

    Theyt don't call you sam"flash" for no reason :D thanks for posting I did change the color scheme which helps alot.

    I actually used some drambo effects in Zenbeats I guess I can import the sampler from drambo if I want to keymap but its alot of work.

    Also went in BM3 today but even with audio record, I have issues with having to edit audio track in separate "edit window" as opposed to being able to zoom from the arrange/song view.

    Cubasis and Audio evolution are looking really good so far

  • @joniqwest said:

    @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I tried zenbeats it ok but not convinced yet.... i did some more searching and like what i saw in cubasis but canyou please explain the issues with Cubasis 3 vs 2 ? I see many people sayimg they will stay at version 2.

    • not a fan of Zenbeats UI

    I recommend changing the skin. It’s a lot easier to manage...


    Very nice ! ALOT easier to see, I will try this out, I actually started going through Zenbeats this past week and watched a few tutorials posted by Roland they have some webinairs that will stream this week. Does anyone know if keymapping/multisampling is possible in sampleverse ?

    Made a quick video, inspired by this post.

    Theyt don't call you sam"flash" for no reason :D thanks for posting I did change the color scheme which helps alot.

    I actually used some drambo effects in Zenbeats I guess I can import the sampler from drambo if I want to keymap but its alot of work.

    Also went in BM3 today but even with audio record, I have issues with having to edit audio track in separate "edit window" as opposed to being able to zoom from the arrange/song view.

    Cubasis and Audio evolution are looking really good so far

    Thanks for the complement. Glad you gave Zenbests a go.

  • Hi can anyone tell me what the issue is with cubasis 2 vs cubasis 3 ?
    I think I am probably going that route on ios
    Thanks !

  • @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @Samflash3 said:

    @joniqwest said:

    @dendy said:
    if stability is important, i would put out of game nTrack... it's probably most crashing app ever...

    if you don't need groups, i would consider ZenBeats or Cubasis 2. Cubasis has less features but it's rock solid stable (2, not 3) and it's UI is very straightforwatd, intuitive. ZB has some nice features but UI is ergonomic nightmare :-))

    There is no perfect DAW on iOS, every one is about compromises ...

    I tried zenbeats it ok but not convinced yet.... i did some more searching and like what i saw in cubasis but canyou please explain the issues with Cubasis 3 vs 2 ? I see many people sayimg they will stay at version 2.

    • not a fan of Zenbeats UI

    I recommend changing the skin. It’s a lot easier to manage...


    Very nice ! ALOT easier to see, I will try this out, I actually started going through Zenbeats this past week and watched a few tutorials posted by Roland they have some webinairs that will stream this week. Does anyone know if keymapping/multisampling is possible in sampleverse ?

    Made a quick video, inspired by this post.

    https://youtu.be/

    Zenbeats will multi-sample and map live input. I did it by feeding my old iPad through an interface into my new iPad. You can also use mic or line input. It detects pitch too.

    It won’t import multi-samples but it will import SFZ files. Honestly I don’t think SFZ is worth the trouble unless you buy decent ones. Just buy the Roland packs and be done with it. Most if not all of those are multi.

    A single stretched file can sound pretty good over 1-3 octaves depending on content. I did it with a bunch of sounds from iM1.

    Attend one of the Advanced classes for a good overview of SampleVerse. It does a lot.

    https://www.roland.com/us/roland_cloud_academy/zenbeats/

Sign In or Register to comment.