Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The cons of updating to 13x?

edited May 2020 in Other

Apple offering a 13x only update to me for Logic Remote, on my 12x Air2 has killed my version mid download. - UPDATE, this was fixed with a reboot, still interested in iOS 13 feedback though.

Now it’s been out a while, what’s the general consensus for the latest iOS, for those of us on older iPad’s? I’ve seen negative comments about performance and battery hits - have these been addressed, or is the advice for Air 2’s that it’s best to stick with 12x?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2020

I can’t comment on older device. But I held off on upgrading until last month. The file system as been a game changer for me. Also the plugging USB drives.

• edited May 2020

99% (Probably actually 100%) of all reports of dodgy battery or performance hits are reported by people who simply report while the iPad is still updating, when the iPad finishes updating (You think) it is actually still doing a lot of indexing and so on in the background, but helpfully allowing you to carry on using the iPad (desktops also do this after the apparent finish point of an update, MacOS is hours after it says it has finished the update, you don't notice, Windows can actually be days, simply because it goes on a little trawling mission of not only files but also constant checks for new drivers that match the current new update too, again, you don't notice)
    My Air 2 is exactly the same speed and the battery lasts the same amount of time, post the 13 update.

• I can’t think of any reason to hold off, 13 is better than 12 in every way.

• Stick with 12 if you don’t use external file storage , plus I don’t know if any app supports offloading samples directly to external drive ,even so I don’t plan having a cck hanging out .

Reasons are my Air2 feels laggy after latest updates , fortunately didn’t noticed any major audio related issues , I suspect some ram issues especially with older IAA apps disconnecting easily without audio dropout warning and GUI (app switching) affects more the audio than 12 (not as bad as the buggy 11 version) . Reducing transparency and motion effects don’t do the trick anymore , but on >512 buffer everything is smooth.

• Cheers guys. There’s a few reasons for me to update now - the new version of Remote, Procreate, and now I’ve got the new Mac the screen mirroring might be useful.

Funnily enough the Air 2 has been pretty crap recently - sluggish, things not working as well as they did, so hanging on to v12 is losing its appeal anyway.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Funnily enough the Air 2 has been pretty crap recently - sluggish, things not working as well as they did, so hanging on to v12 is losing its appeal anyway.

Maybe a factory reset could help . But still if you are upgrading could you pleeeeease do the following?
    Create 2 random projects , one with low buffer size and another with higher one , that push your Air2 to the limit . Then check on iOS 13 how is the performance on those to projects.
    If possible on different hosts (assuming one will be AUM)

• Works well on my Air 2. This will probably be last OS upgrade for the Air2, so worth getting.

• Updated my Air2 a while ago now, I can’t say I have any regrets, as far as battery life goes, it depends on how bright I have my screen set and what I’m doing. When I’m doing any serious audio production I usually have my IPad connected to my Apogee Duet which charges my IPad so I don’t really regret updating as far as the battery life goes but I do suspect my battery is just wearing down since I’ve had my IPad since 2016 I think and use it a lot.
    I’m on OS 13.4, not the latest and staying put for now, but I think the pros out weigh the cons, and tbh, I can’t really think of any cons off the top of my head.