Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bismark bs-16i version 4.0 is out

Comments

• The new update today returns the option for local storage but you can only do it one way or the other.
    Here are the update details:

・Version 4.0.2 - For uses who do not want to use iCloud Drive, allow to use the previous sandbox that compatible with version 3.x for managing files. Please note that this workaround is enabled only if you disable iCloud Drive option on your device. Once iCloud Drive is enabled, files are moved to iCloud Drive. There is no feature to revert files to the previous place.

• @gregsmith said:
    I don’t own either, but what are the advantages of bs-16 over the SoundFonts app?

I actually like iCloud support tbf!

No edit and effects options in Soundfonts

• edited May 2020

Sounfontapp- easy. presets over multiple fonts 1 klick away got me switch

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Trying to change poly or sample in synth settings auto crashes iPadOS 13.4.1 256gb iPad Air 3

Fixed in today’s update. THANK YOU!

• edited May 2020

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@gregsmith said:
    I don’t own either, but what are the advantages of bs-16 over the SoundFonts app?

I actually like iCloud support tbf!

No edit and effects options in Soundfonts

Don’t need effects, got 100s :)

What do you mean by ‘no edit’?

Edit: I bought soundfonts - it’s got enough built in sounds to easily justify the £2. The Roland Nice Piano preset is great. Does seem to drop some notes on some of them though.

• I've just released a new free soundfont including 3 great pianos, EPs, Organs, Strings that runs nicely on bs-16i.
    Download from here: https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
    Essential Keys-bs16i-v8.5 (second from the top of my site).
    Enjoy.

• edited June 2020

wait @Reuben are you the guy behind Salamander piano? my fav soundfont

• @noob said:

No - the original Salamander was made by Alexander Holm. I did the conversion to sf2 and a bit of editing.

• @Reuben said:

@noob said:

No - the original Salamander was made by Alexander Holm. I did the conversion to sf2 and a bit of editing.

True but you're SF2 is the only easy, free way to get that lovely piano for IOS. Great work
    making these SF2 packages. (Could you make just the piano into an SFZ for easy import into AudioLayer, please). You're site recommends Sforzando to do the conversion but someone doing it once would be another gift to the community.

If there's already one out there that works please comment here.

• Well I bought the app after years of hemming & hawing, the new Soundfonts app is dead simple and this has more control & synth engine IAP so I tried it.

I tried to load @Reuben's Mac Daddy collection as I have an Air 3 and the pack works on Soundfont but on bs-16i I keep getting dialog popups that say not enough memory/unsupported file, etc and have had a few crashes.

I know that set is close to a 1GB but I thought this could hang... I'll have to screw with it later.

@Reuben thank you by the way for that page of free sounds, that's very cool of you man...

• edited June 2020

@JRSIV said:
    Well I bought the app after years of hemming & hawing, the new Soundfonts app is dead simple and this has more control & synth engine IAP so I tried it.

I tried to load @Reuben's Mac Daddy collection as I have an Air 3 and the pack works on Soundfont but on bs-16i I keep getting dialog popups that say not enough memory/unsupported file, etc and have had a few crashes.

I know that set is close to a 1GB but I thought this could hang... I'll have to screw with it later.

@Reuben thank you by the way for that page of free sounds, that's very cool of you man...

Also crashing on an Air 3 here when trying to load the Essential Keys-bs16i-v8.6 in bs-16i.

• edited June 2020

lemme try on my pro.
    edit; worked here.. iOS BETA 13.5.5 both AU and standalone...

could be the beta ios im running? nope. see below

• and with ipad gen6 (2gb ram) beta 13.5.5 standalone works AU fail just like your air3.

• Yes, this fails on iPhone 7 and succeeds on iPad Pro in AUM for me, though the Soundfonts plugin does load the *.sf2 on both. Reuben had a comment on his site for this SF2 about 'clearing RAM' by loading the built-in sound font first. Not clear what he meant. This font does seem too big for bs16i AUv3, unless you have a device with extra memory.

• edited June 2020

@Reuben maybe consider make singles of the pianos ( easily done on desktop)
    OR bs16i fix would be better

• @noob said:
    @Reuben maybe consider make singles of the pianos ( easily done on desktop)
    OR bs16i fix would be better

Yes! It would be nice if there was an sf2 package that just had 1-2 of the biggest Pianos
    so it could load and run with limited space. All the soundfonts4u sf2 packages have dozens of instruments included in the tradition of the General MIDI era... strings, horns, drums, synths, etc. But some here only have keys which is nice but a LOT of keyboard instruments when it would be nice to just have 1-2 great pianos.

Now... someone with a mac or Windows can make a new package but it would be nice if
    soundfonts4u had one too. @Ruben is that possible? I really appreciate the packages you
    have made and make available but one with less is good to just get a stable nice sounding piano for IOS use in a DAW using BS-16i or the new SoundFonts app. I noticed that Musk Keyboard also loads sf2 files and there's another sound font player but it doesn't terminate... it hangs around and zips in from the edge of the screen at times... weird. I have to reboot to kill it.

• i can doit now if you want but that would not be cool as its @rubens work.. so fingers x he doit B)

• It's just weird how the $2.99 sf2 "Soundfonts" AU app that looks very non discript & janky handles the Nice-Keys-Ultimate-v2.3 (1150mb) set with total ease but the "pro feature, iOS standard"
    bs-16i spits it out or crashes when trying to use the exact same sf2.

I'm on iPadOS 13.5 with my Air 3 which I know isn't a new Pro but it is a 2019 iPad with 3 GB of RAM. With nothing else running you'd think
    bs-16i could fade these sf2's; because it is having issues now I think how bad will it be in a session with multiple instances?

For some reason I never bought the app before, always shining it on in favor of Lyra in Auria, etc.
    I bought the app & the High Res Synth IAP...I hope they can figure it out, I don't want to go through downloading sf2's off the internet and sweating it out to see if they'll work or not...

• FWIW the Nice-Keys-PlusSteinway-JNv2.0 sound font (495MB) from Reuben's site can be loaded and played in AUM (iPhone 7). So you may just want to stay below 500MB.

• @JRSIV said:
    It's just weird how the $2.99 sf2 "Soundfonts" AU app that looks very non discript & janky handles the Nice-Keys-Ultimate-v2.3 (1150mb) set with total ease but the "pro feature, iOS standard" bs-16i spits it out or crashes when trying to use the exact same sf2.

It's possible that BS-16i tries to load all the samples in these 500+ MB packages and craps out due to memory availability. It might do that so MIDI files can call up multiple instruments across the 16 tracks BS-16i supports in one session.

The $2 app might be coded to open the SF2 and load one instrument at a time. That's my theory and why I'd like BS-16i to have sound fonts that are made with fewer instruments to improve it's stability.

I was feeding MIDI data to some of these apps and only Ravenscroft could play all the notes in the stream.... all the other "piano" alternatives using Salamander couldn't play the
    MIDI without dropouts or crashes.

• edited June 2020

whats the max limit atm for AUs? around 300mb? dunno but @McD is on to smth

• I think @McD is spot on. The multi-timbral nature of bs-16i could totally try to make the sf2 available to all of the channels in a scene. Either way I hope the dev can alter something in the code to allow these sf2's to work without crashes. I know we have Soundfonts AU and some other stuff available but I do like the bs-16i layout and features a lot. Hope it shakes out eventually.

• @JRSIV, how long did it take to download Ultimate? Having a problem getting it to do its thing.

• I find on my iPone 6s I have no problems with the full soundfont provided I load the default bs-16i soundfont first. However I will release some smaller soundfonts (break up the large one) to get around these problems. Give me a couple of days....

• BS-16i also seems to show more than one sound font available with one active... not sure if that second (or third) sf2 consumes any files.

Another small details for me is that fact that AudioLayer decided to support importing SFZ's and not SF2's (or even better... both). There are not a lot of wonderful free sfz instrument/soundfont packages that I can find and many that look promising do NOT install for me. Anyway... sound fonts are dead, right? I guess not. They just keep getting larger and larger.

• edited June 2020

fkit got tired of finding good fonts made a quick dirty page . no copyright problems i promise.
    here; https://sites.google.com/view/n00bs/nobs

• Check my site for the third download link. I have removed the Upright Piano and reduced the size of the soundfont to 570mb.
    This should work on most devices.
    https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/

• edited June 2020

@Reuben thnx B) and can u chk https://sites.google.com/view/n00bs/nobs see if it works plz

• @Reuben said:
    Check my site for the third download link. I have removed the Upright Piano and reduced the size of the soundfont to 570mb.
    This should work on most devices.
    https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/

I'm downloading... 570MB takes about 10 minutes, I suspect.

The Chateau Grand included in the new packs is new to me... where did it come from?

I like the Dark Yamaha C5 and the extra ones with pad or string included. Very nice collection.

I'm about 1/3rd of the way towards having a SoundFont to test.