Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Phase-off 2020! - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Here's my latest, comparing my hardware MXR Phase 90 against Nembrini's Analog Rack Phaser, FAC Phazer & Audio Damage's PhaseThree!

Comments

• SHAMELESS bump to put this back on Page 1 for a bit longer.... ;)

• edited May 2020

Thanks for the comparison!
    Another one I'd like to mention is PhaseDelayArray by Neon Silicon.
    The "Ring Phaser" factory preset is a perfect starting point for vintage phaser FX, and it sounds great!

• @rs2000 said:
    Thanks for the comparison!
    Another one I'd like to mention is PhaseDelayArray by Neon Silicon.
    The "Ring Phaser" factory preset is a perfect starting point for vintage phaser FX, and it sounds great!

I like PhaseDelayArray quite a bit, actually, but since it it more than just a phaser I deliberately skipped it for this video. I didn't want to include any multi-effects or specialty apps (as I consider PhaseDelayArray to be) but wanted to keep this to only purpose-built phasers.

And I'm hoping that for anyone looking at these down the road, they can get an idea of which one might suit their application best. And I included the MXR guitar pedal as there are a number of folks already familiar with this sound and it can be used as a Control in this grand experiment.

Thanks for watching, @rs2000

• @Daveypoo said:
    SHAMELESS bump to put this back on Page 1 for a bit longer.... ;)

Lol

• @gusgranite said:

@Daveypoo said:
    SHAMELESS bump to put this back on Page 1 for a bit longer.... ;)

Lol

Hey - it worked....
    ;)

• Hi Dave,
    great video as usual!
    Ciao amico mio.

• @Faland Grazie mille amico mio! Spero che tu e la tua famiglia siate sani e salvi in ​​questi tempi folli!

@rs2000 Excellent - I'll need to check those out.

• @Daveypoo said:
    @Faland Grazie mille amico mio! Spero che tu e la tua famiglia siate sani e salvi in ​​questi tempi folli!

Stiamo tutti bene, grazie. I hope the same is for you and yours.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

I missed this one. I'll catch up soon to see if I also need the new one.

UPDATE: I watched it and I must say the "FAC Phazer" stereo imaging really does it for me.
    It's similar to the way Fred made a Reverb and it became my "go to" reverb. FAC Phazer is
    a reasonable alternative to give a master bus some magical sonic image with it's "spread"
    processing.

If I have the CPU left I might use both and twiddle until it just sounds special and alive.

• @McD As per usual, Fred's app takes the ribbon for me overall, but I definitely see utility in the others, especially PhaseThree with the dual phasers...

• @Daveypoo said:
    Here's my latest, comparing my hardware MXR Phase 90 against Nembrini's Analog Rack Phaser, FAC Phazer & Audio Damage's PhaseThree!

Starring Daveypoo as Dickolas Cage.

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

One use for Phasers for me recently is as a fast way to roll off high order harmonics. If a piano patch is too bright I add a Phaser with slow speed and shallow depth and it's like plucking the hammer felts to darken the tone.

You can't hear any phasing with these settings but the impact on the spectrum is useful to smooth out harsh highs... Who wants harsh highs? Edibles are better for me and my lungs.

• Used FAC Phaser with a NSK EP as you advised on Crepusculaire. Very happy with it. Thanks for the gift!

• Can you do something similar for the top reverb/delays (the multi-proc types like Blackhole, Alteza, etc)?

• @McD I'm up for doing A Reverb one, but I don't have FabFilter's or ToneBooster's reverbs which most folks say are the best on iPad. I'm not sure it would be a very thorough comparison without those two, but I'm certainly game for it if I got my hands on them...

I already did a video where I do a high level comparison of Eventide's Blackhole, 4Pockets' Shimmer, FAC Alteza & Amazing Noises GliderVerb, which are all the "infinite" or "shimmer" reverbs I have. Check out the back half of this one:

• @Daveypoo said:
    @McD I'm up for doing A Reverb one, but I don't have FabFilter's or ToneBooster's reverbs which most folks say are the best on iPad. I'm not sure it would be a very thorough comparison without those two, but I'm certainly game for it if I got my hands on them...

Reverb was a bad choice... Delay like a comparison to the classic EchoPlex units: Kozmonaut, Blackhole, etc.

I already did a video where I do a high level comparison of Eventide's Blackhole, 4Pockets' Shimmer, FAC Alteza & Amazing Noises GliderVerb, which are all the "infinite" or "shimmer" reverbs I have. Check out the back half of this one:

Good to know. As you were. Smoke 'em if your got 'em.