Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playing with some breakbeats in Nanostudio 2

After a while of making absolutely no music, I’ve eased myself back in with this little number. I used Spacecraft for a couple of textures, Ratshack reverb and the Wider app on a couple of other tracks. Other than that, it’s all internal.

Comments

• edited May 2020

Enjoyed it (as I would the pastiche cop show it could soundtrack :)) and I also learned a lot. Love being able to see the screen recording while listening....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Enjoyed it (as I would the pastiche cop show it could soundtrack :)) and I also learned a lot. Love being able to see the screen recording while listening....

Thanks Johnny

You’re nicked! 😀

• 🔥🕺🏾💯

• Dope. I just picked up NS2 about a month ago, love it but I’m very new to all this. Great to be able to see the screen and hear what’s possible.

By the way - breakbeat is so underrated. Love it!

• Ha! ..ain’t it .. funky? Why yes.. yes indeed..
    Great funky track.. love them beats..

• I really enjoyed it Thanks ! I also picked up Nanostudio 2 a month ago and am loving it so far.

• @LeeB said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks Johnny

You’re nicked! 😀

I love that. Two words (one really) which immediately make me think of London (and the younger John Thaw especially) :)

How do you find the automation in NS2?

• edited May 2020

Wow, that sounds awesome! Inspiring me to give Spacecraft a try in NS2. Have you looked into Looperator at all? Works really well in NS2, lets you switch presets on the fly receiving midi from NS2, very sweet.

Dayum, this sounds great!

• That was a lot of fun to listen to. Good to see you back on the horse riding again.

• That's a great way to use and arrange different audio clips! 👍🏼

• Thank you all for the kind comments 😊

@JohnnyGoodyear John Thaw was great!
    As for the Automation, it’s fine for me on the internal instruments/fx, but obviously Au Fx automation needs to be sorted still. The main annoyance for me, is if you need to move a chunk of the song in the timeline that already has e.g mixer automation on, Then you have to move all those events separately. It can be done, but could be better.

@AudioGus ill have a look at looperator. I haven’t bought an app for ages and tend to stick to the old school way of sequencing . I haven’t really caught up with all the new toys available and what they can do. I’m out of touch 😬

• @LeeB welcome back mate ! Great tune, different than your usual style, like it a LOT !

Added it to NAnostudio YT plalist, now you are opening and also closing that playlist :)

• @LeeB , love your stuff . Your mixes always sound so deep, tight and open. Bassline always in the pocket. Hats off.....

• Cheers @dendy

@zeropoint Very kind of you to say 😊

• Me and the kids had a good time dancing to this tune in the garden today.
    Nice work

• Very nice, my only criticism is your kick needs to be 5ms earlier, if you’re going for that slow breakbeat groove

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Me and the kids had a good time dancing to this tune in the garden today.
    Nice work

Cool! 😎

@pedro said:
    Very nice, my only criticism is your kick needs to be 5ms earlier, if you’re going for that slow breakbeat groove

Cheers Pedro, I didn’t give too much thought to the kick. I was just glad to get back in the saddle.

• This is great. Really enjoyed it.

• Nicely done dude. Really well made.