Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally....a DETAILED tutorial for the deep and masterly Apesoft Stria

Hi everybody! I spend a long time diving deep into the manual for this one. This is a truly unique synth but there was NOT ONE tutorial on youtube that actually explains how to understand it until now. After recently finding out that the creator, Eugenio Giordani just died of Covid-19, I felt determined to put out the best tutorial I could, so it’s long, but I’m very proud of it.Mic sound is a big improvement on my previous tutorials. Any constructive criticism is welcomed of course.

Please:

As always, please just take 5 seconds to press the youtube button in your browser to watch it on youtube rather than Chrome or whatever, so it gets pageviews, and I will be very happy if you give it a like, and subscribe for more. Thank you!

Exact time stamps are on the youtube page. Every important section is discussed. Topics covered:
How to use the pads
FM setup
Pad 1 Parameters (Spectral Pitch grid, FM setup etc)
Pad 2 Parameters
FX section which includes a bunch of cool stuff: Doppler, Chopper etc etc

Enjoy!

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    Hi everybody! I spend a long time diving deep into the manual for this one. This is a truly unique synth but there was NOT ONE tutorial on youtube that actually explains how to understand it until now. After recently finding out that the creator, Eugenio Giordani just died of Covid-19, I felt determined to put out the best tutorial I could, so it’s long, but I’m very proud of it.Mic sound is a big improvement on my previous tutorials. Any constructive criticism is welcomed of course.

Please:

As always, please just take 5 seconds to press the youtube button in your browser to watch it on youtube rather than Chrome or whatever, so it gets pageviews, and I will be very happy if you give it a like, and subscribe for more. Thank you!

Exact time stamps are on the youtube page. Every important section is discussed. Topics covered:
    How to use the pads
    FM setup
    Pad 1 Parameters (Spectral Pitch grid, FM setup etc)
    Pad 2 Parameters
    FX section which includes a bunch of cool stuff: Doppler, Chopper etc etc

Enjoy!

I look forward to diving into this. I have used Stria as a form of meditation -- and wanted to get deeper but not managed to do so. This will be great!

• edited May 2020

Yes!! It is very meditative, really a deep and beautiful instrument, hope you find this useful. I’d say there are a lot of people who have this in the back of the app equivalent of the sock drawer, :p

• Stria is a (great) unknown app even for many owners, including me. Your video helps to see some light. Thanks for your effort, much appreciated.

• Just yesterday I was saying that there isn't much new on synthesis lately... This isn't new but definitely an interesting mix arranged in a musical way. I'm rarely buying stuff I don't understand or know how it could add value to my noodling so I'm not surprised that this has been off my radar until now... massive thanks for broadening my horizon.
    There is no harm in waiting even years to learn and understand a tool, you can be first if your goal is to share knowledge... :)

• Thnx man! Wise words. With the quality and originality of apps of the calibre of Apesoft's, even discovering them 20 years later is not too late. These are timeless classics, real masterpieces.

• Does @MarkH know that you are muscling in on his turf?

j/k I haven‘t watched yet but I appreciate the effort very much.

• Hahaha, the deep dive tutorial turf? I definitely appreciated his fieldscaper ones and there are a few more I should watch too. Similar style to be sure, to be sure.

• Well done. Always good to see good additions to the brain mass. Weirdly, I never bought Stria which provides us with yet another Dumb Apple Moment:

Sigh. No doubt will watch and no doubt will buy (but standalone :))...

• Haha Johnny! The bundle was what got me to buy Stria in the first place. In fact, Alessandro from Apesoft just saw the tutorial and appreciated it a lot, and kindly offered me some codes. Sadly I had to tell him I've already bought them all, lol, but I asked if he might give a code for the group here. So hang on to your horses, there might be a free one coming your way soon enough if you get lucky, brother . ;)

• Oh this is fantastic. Totally looking forward to watching this!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well done. Always good to see good additions to the brain mass. Weirdly, I never bought Stria which provides us with yet another Dumb Apple Moment:

Sigh. No doubt will watch and no doubt will buy (but standalone :))...

Why is the 'complete my bundle' more expensive than a standalone buy?

• Huh! App store glitch? Maybe try swiping down to refresh? I think I posted here about the exact same problem with this bundle, and the same solution saved my bacon then

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well done. Always good to see good additions to the brain mass. Weirdly, I never bought Stria which provides us with yet another Dumb Apple Moment:

Open the 2 purchased apps and you should see the price reset to be a deal... unless you got a sweet deal
    on iDensity and/or iPulsaret and then the bundle pricing will not be attractive because you already got a big discount. But hit OPEN and see... it worked for me and the price reset.

• @Gavinski said:
    Huh! App store glitch? Maybe try swiping down to refresh? I think I posted here about the exact same problem with this bundle a few months ago, and the same solution saved my bacon then

• @Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:
    Huh! App store glitch? Maybe try swiping down to refresh? I think I posted here about the exact same problem with this bundle a few months ago, and the same solution saved my bacon then

@McD @Pierre118

Thanks all. I actually DID swipe down. It was 19 something, but then went to 10. No worries. In ANOTHER bundle offer by these guys I did just get the Delay app for a buck and a penny. WHo knows :) All good and the prospect of your tut is more than enough to have me buy Stria as is....

As for the code, please pass it along to another worthy soul. I'm already going home with you....:)

• I don't think it's a glitch. This is how AppStore is calculating bundle prices.
    The bundle costs $17.99, JG probably picked the other two on sale for $3.99 each. To complete a bundle you always have to pay the difference between bundle price and what you actually paid. If you'd have bought them at their normal price 2x7.99 you could complete the bundle for $2.
    Sometimes you win, other times you ignore the bundle and go for single :)

• @Gavinski Every time there was a sale on this I'd end up NOT getting it.. Why?.. How do I use it? Where? I have too many apps that need extra focus + understanding to use.. don't always have the time + patience to read the manual.. just wanna play!
    Soooo.. you're tutorial (watching it now) will be very helpful.. when I eventually pick it up.. bookmarked + liked.. well done..

• @Gavinski I love You. Can’t say anything more. After CS spectral and the video about it, you made also this.
    Keep up this good work💪💪

• Thank you Royor! Well, guess what guys, Alessandro has extremely generously just offered me no less than 4 codes to give away for this!If you would like a code, just go to the youtube vid and make a comment (and give the vid a like while you're there too if you have a second, I really put a serious number of hours into understanding this manual) , mentioning your audiobus user name while there! I'm going to bed now but some time tomorrow my time, I'll randomly choose 4 ppl from the comments to get a free code, and send u the code here as a DM.

• great tutorial mr Gavinski!
    bigups;)

• Grab those codes while you can! Of these three apps (iPulsaret, iDensity and Stria), Stria is my favorite. Wonderful worlds of soundscaping await!

• I noticed you said that back to the in the thread Dave, these and other comments gave me the motivation to make the effort to learn this despite somewhat bewildering first impressions :p

• @Gavinski said:
    I noticed you said that back to the in the thread Dave, these and other comments gave me the motivation to make the effort to learn this despite somewhat bewildering first impressions :p

Well I'm glad to know that all my lip-flapping has actually generated something useful around here!

Great job, man - seriously!

• Only got three requests for free codes so far but there is one more available, so if you want a code, just go to the youtube page and add a comment mentioning your forum name and that you'd like a code, and I'll just give the extra code to the first one who does that! I'm sending codes now to @royor @xraydash and @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr!

• Woo-hoo! Thanks. As I said in my YouTube comment, you did a really great job explaining Stria. Nice, clear breakdown of the different parts.

It reminds me of Mononoke, which I realize is backwards because Stria came first. The glitchy fx made me think of some of the generative Ripplemaker patches. Maybe everything just reminds me of Bram Bos apps. :D Stria sounded real good with the Shockwave you had going too.

• I was almost worried that Shockwave patch would upstage it, because I absolutely love those dirty brass sounds that Shockwave can do. I'd love to do a tutorial on Shockwave too, but @ka010 would need to finally write that damn manual first so I can hundred percent understand it :D @royor

• @Gavinski + Alessandro - thank you kindly for the gift.. 🙏 This tutorial will be used as my guide.. I’m very curious about the sounds that will be coaxed out of this unique instrument.. no doubt it’ll be fun! 🤪

• Thanks bros for the code! This one will bear some exploration.

• The last code is on its way to you now @Krupa :*

• Ooo lovely, that’ll be my day then! Thanks to you and Alesandro!