Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

- Flat Puppet - DDMF Stereo sidechain

edited May 2020 in Creations

Comments

• This is cool. Lots of crazy effects, (panning, gating). Would fit perfectly in a dramatic film scene. Good job!

• @scadet thanks !

• I like it, some great textures

• Great work, @noob ! What else are you using within the track?

@noob said:

• Really nice, fat textures. I can definitely see it as a film cue; something from Reznor/Ross

• edited May 2020

thnx m8 DDMF stereo is really fat on master
    @iOSTRAKON Novation xstation audiorecorded into ipad then mangled in Aum-Noir sidechaining DDMF to tb barricade :)

• This proves I was wrong on 2 points:

1. I always thought Magic Death Eye was a terrible name for a high quality studio compressor but I was wrong. It's a perfect name... It's great for mangling deep, gnarly, highly toxic audio sounds. Very NIN.

2. I thought using the new MDE Stereo for sidechaining was like using a Porshe to pull a Trailer Home but this track is EPIC. Definitely music that conjures imagery... industrial dystopia, claustrophobia (fear of the Claus Triplets?). MDE Stereo makes rust sound warm.

Thanks for getting this out early so encourage more uses of this impressive FX App. We want a new one every year or so from Christian.

I'm thinking I might get a similar impact and stay live with these tools.

(multi-out) SHOOM(s) -> a glitching apps - Alteza - MDE Stereo w Rozeta LFO's on the AUM Track Volumes

MDE Stereo is very CPU intense so figuring out how to use it and leave CPU for other apps is tricky.
    Sidechaining seems like it's effective but potentially frustrating if it adds unintended audio FX.

Can you side-chain with a less CPU intense processor and use MDE Stereo on the MasterOut for the warmth and extra dimensions? What is the most CPU conservative compressor with side chain? Is this
    a good use case for FAC Envolver? Has anyone tied FAC Envolver to AUM AU parameters for pseudo side chaining?

• edited May 2020

@McD thank you for the poetic layouts B) .. to me tb barricade eats less cpu than all of them you mentioned.. oh wait Sorry not owner (yet) of the mighty Envolver
    BTW i do not hear (much) diffrence on x2 vs x4 settings on DDMF stereo

• @noob said:
    BTW i do not hear (much) diffrence on x2 vs x4 settings on DDMF stereo

It seems to make very subtle adjustments of the effective EQ for me... the music you're processing is
    so rich in harmonic content with liberal applications of texturizing noise and distortion, I'm not surprised these tiny shifts in EQ would be audible.

For someone pushing a live cello or vocal track it might be nice that they added this feature to audition
    different colorations. I assumed this was the right tool for that use case but you showed that the possible
    use cases are much bigger than a studio engineer looking for personal color swatches.

Like Trent Reznor you helped me hear the emotions that can be conveyed with noise and distortion that has been processed to have more of a "glow" and less harsh blinding light. I was able to stay with your track to the end and was sorry to see it stop. It's always useful to re-visit what music can do to us. It's also
    probably fit for the times and what my general mood is looking for. I want to be transported to new places.

• edited May 2020

right that was my intention .. to drive this thing to sweat.. it handled the ups n downs perfectly...
    now all we need is someone with acoustic stuff mics etc to test it...

• @noob said:
    right that was my intention .. to drive this thing to sweat.. it handled the ups n downs perfectly...
    now all we need is someone with acoustic stuff mics etc to test it...

I think the fact that the hardware designer was able to do lab bench comparisons of the real hardware and
    the VST"s on his DAW and put the results into spectrum analyzers and not see differences is pretty cool.

This guy is a mastering engineer for Capitol Records, Hollywood and hand wraps his transformers to insure low noise in his products. He makes a handful of hardware units per year... and now we get some of that attention to detail for $32 and soon less if you one the previous DME app.

I expect @richardyot will put up something soon for traditional studio uses. I'm curious to see what @flo26
    has to say about it's coloring. It's easy to predict that Doug will report: "Cool beans, Top job.". Jacob might offer some comparisons of existing apps. @Daveypoo will have some good comments.

• @noob it would be very interesting to hear what this sounds like without MDE, for a comparison, if you were up for that