BANK SELECT via MIDI...iOS SYNTHS.

1234568»

Comments

• edited August 2018

@MikeyP said:
    Pet Peeve: Moog Model D. If you edit a preset and save it, the app sticks the new preset right after the one you used to make it from, bumping all other patches in that bank up one. Causing you to have to change any references to any patches after that.

I just figured out how to create a user bank just now but does anyone know if that messes the bank numbers? It pouts the new bank in alphabetical order with the others.

Hmmm. That's not good. :(

Maybe we can send a Bat signal to @GeertBevin , see if he's aware of this?

• Actually I just realized I was wrong about patches- its like the banks; its also putting them in alphabetical order. Same issue tho. Unless one names their new patches "z01, z02" LOL

• Worse than the fact that there appears to be no mechanism for re-ordering patches other than renaming them... there appears to be no way to move a patch to another bank. So I created a new bank for my custom patches but I have no obvious way to move the ones I already created in there, nor to "save as new preset" on anything existing and direct it to a specific bank: it only ever saves it in the same bank.

• A few additional iOS synths with functioning MIDI PC. If any of these are already listed, I missed them and apologize.

KQDixie - select the cart (cartridge) in the synth, then MIDi PC will change the patch within that cart. Set LSB and MSB to off

DXI - Doesn’t have banks or cartridges. Use PC to send MIDI PC to it and set MSB and LSB to off

Mood - Choose the bank you want on the synth, then send MIDI PC and set MSB and LSB to off

Zeeon - Choose the bank you want on the synth, then send MIDI PC and set MSB and LSB to off

Kaspar - works with Bank Select and PC - like other synths from Yonak

Kauldron - works with band select and PC - like other synths from Yonak

• Digital D1 now supports MSB Bank Change! 🎉

Demonstrated here via Ableton to send PC & MSB

• @analog_matt said:
    Digital D1 now supports MSB Bank Change! 🎉

Demonstrated here via Ableton to send PC & MSB

so awesome! thank you!

If only more developers would follow suit. It's one of the most glaring (and surprising) omissions from ios plugins.

• @analog_matt that's absolutely perfect, huge thanks for this...

• edited November 2018

@palm said:
    so awesome! thank you!

If only more developers would follow suit. It's one of the most glaring (and surprising) omissions from ios plugins.

Agreed, The omission of this is a deal-breaker for me as far as using an app in my Live setup.